<<<SCAMMER ALERT!! Josh Abernathy<<<

darenpm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I pity him the postal inspectors are not fun to deal with. They carry a sidearm and have full rights to arrest. I'm a rural carrier and have no desire to come across these guys.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

POOLPLYR1111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
scam

Bill the thing is your cues should have never been put in the position to be "recovered"

measures had to be taken to expose this pos

i understand your position that your just trying to get your cues back but remember this guys intentions were to screw you.

Mr. Bass Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bill the thing is your cues should have never been put in the position to be "recovered"

measures had to be taken to expose this pos

i understand your position that your just trying to get your cues back but remember this guys intentions were to screw you.

I completely agree, the ,"I'll give the cues back please drop the charges" bit really doesn't make up for the guy sending you dowels in trade or intending to rip off multiple people including the people he tried to sell the stolen cues to. If the guy had the gumption to rip off all of the above mentioned, he definately needs to be face the consequences of his actions. Getting the stolen goods is absolutely a top priority but I would not drop the charges personally.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
No one said we aren't charging him. What the post says is we won't be pursuing anything additional. Meaning what's been filed has been filed with police and the USPS.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Come on

He has lost his fine dowels. That had to hurt. I wonder if he asks for those to be returned?
Why a fine guy like that probably just shipped out the wrong boxes!
Thieves hate being out smarted. It is because they are all smarter than you.
They all say that.
3 squares and a flop.
Say that too.
Nick :D.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
If law enforcement worked as efficiently I'm pretty sure nobody would have the balls to pull a quick one like this anymore. I saw that the thread was started less than 48hours ago and now cue is recovered??? Wow!

I also don't believe the scammer should be let off the hook. Infact he should be hung at the village gate to ward of future evils...it's a metaphor but you get the drift. From what I'm reading this scammer isn't doing it out of one bad judgement, he's a perpetual scammer and he's been at it for a while. He needs to be in the system for what he's done. This man definitely doesn't deserve a clean slate.

If he'd took your cue and ran that's one thing but he deliberately shipped you something else to buy time. He's got a lot of time to think about it all the way till he decided to ship that fake parcel, that's planning.

Me being an overseas AZer can only imagine if it happened to me I'll be totally helpless and would have to write off my lose just like that...wouldn't be fair...then again I'll probably spend some money to fly there just for the sake of getting back even if it cost more..it'll piss me off too much to be able to sleep at night.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
2 behind the ear

I would really like for folks like this to catch (2) .22 behind the ear.

Some folks truly deserve it.

Ken

JonTravisTaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Ditto

I would not drop the charges. He will do this again.

yes he definitely would do this again...Rich, he tried pulling this same crap with a Carmelli I had...he claimed he had already mailed me the Gilbert and was going to paypal me cash on Friday...the tracking number he sent me was BS, then the # was left at work???and he couldn't get it to me till a few days later???it felt off to me so I didn't mail out anything and needless to say no cash arrived???I'm really glad Joe was able to get this resolved...I've done numerous deals with Joe
and Bill...they are good people.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Wow; what a turnaround in this thread.

for the offender, Abernathy (or Smabernakie if you prefer) to have gone to the length of actually getting dowels that could have the appearance and weight of a cue in their shipping boxes, makes him an even bigger POS, imo, than the guys who simply don't stick to their end of a deal. But, yes, they are bad guys, too.

He knew what he was doing was wrong and the level of deception, again imo, makes him eligible for *no leniency*.

there's plenty of "desperate" people out there who find a way to get by without doing mail fraud, deception, and harm to others.

if both bill's and joe's trades involved no cash, maybe these deals were a little lopsided, that being part of the bad guy's allure.

Glad you guys are getting made whole - def an impressive community effort. And *The Only Reason* Abernathy is sending cues back is in an effort to save his skin; not because he sees the error of his ways.

hope he gets some legal problems over this.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I hope that everything works out as described. I am not counting my chickens before they hatch.

First thing first, we are trying to recover our property.

I can't speak for certain to any legal ramifications, after that, but making everyone whole will go a long way.

The police, here in Montgomery County, MD, Hartselle, AL and Decatur, AL have the reports. The Decatur Police have seen the perp with the items in his hands. They instructed him to return the property. That makes it somewhat more difficult for him to just to walk away, I would think. The cues involved totalled more than $2500 in value, so he would be looking at First Degree Theft/Fraud, the Police told us.

I have no idea what the Postal Inspectors will have to say. We have to wait until at least Monday to hear from them. If the items have been returned, perhaps they will not want to spend the time on the case, I just don't know.

Matters will run their course.

My personal thanks to the MANY AZB and FB folks who stepped up to the plate for us on this. It warms my old heart to know that you were there to help us.

Joe Lolley

takeitdown

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
You have the right to call the District Attorney's office where he lives and demand action. I really can't see them passing on a case like this. It's not a one time offense and he doesn't look 16 or retarded. Of course the cops won't do much, that would be work.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I successfully had a thief busted, prosecuted, convicted and jailed with the help of the local police department and the USPS mail fraud unit. I had to keep meticulous records and make filings in a timely manner. Eventually I got all my money back and the thief did time in jail. It involved myself and about 11 other folks that he stole from. One of the victims lived in Canada so it took on an international element. The USPS does aggressively protect their product and will HUNT YOU DOWN (lol) if you mess with them. In the end it was very satisfying!!!

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm go happy to see this is working out. I had been contacted by another member and forwarded your information to about two dozen people. Hope it helped.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk