Review the video please

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As others have mentioned, excellent improvement in the 2nd video.

Here's a little drill I've been doing to improve my stroke that involves the Vision Center drill.

1. 10 stop shots
2. 10 follow shots with the CB going into the same pocket.
3. 10 draw shots with the CB coming back to the pocket I'm shooting from.

Record all your misses and makes, and in a few weeks you'll see your scores improve.

If the follow and draw shots are too difficult at first, don't be ashamed to move the balls slightly closer together.

Good luck!

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As others have mentioned, excellent improvement in the 2nd video.

Here's a little drill I've been doing to improve my stroke that involves the Vision Center drill.

1. 10 stop shots
2. 10 follow shots with the CB going into the same pocket.
3. 10 draw shots with the CB coming back to the pocket I'm shooting from.

Record all your misses and makes, and in a few weeks you'll see your scores improve.

If the follow and draw shots are too difficult at first, don't be ashamed to move the balls slightly closer together.

Good luck!

#2 will tell you all you ever wanted to know about your fundementals, sighting and stroke.

Using center and low spin the cue ball is fighting the friction of the cloth.

Using high spin the cue ball sees very little friction between it and the cloth. You get this shot down pat, you'll be good to go.

Have fun and work on that sweet disposition, your going to need it. :smile:

John

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loren...As others mentioned, big difference between the first and second videos. Still some things that can be improved on. Like I said before, there are a LOT of players who manage to pocket balls and win matches, with terrible fundamentals. Most of them have a lot more playing experience than you do...although 20 matches is a great start! I look forward to meeting you in April!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loren...As others mentioned, big difference between the first and second videos. Still some things that can be improved on. Like I said before, there are a LOT of players who manage to pocket balls and win matches, with terrible fundamentals. Most of them have a lot more playing experience than you do...although 20 matches is a great start! I look forward to meeting you in April!

Scott Lee

Man, thats great Scott. Loren wont be disappointed.

What would be great is if the entire instruction period could be recorded.

I remember when taking 3 cushion lesson from Harry Sims I had to stop him and say "just a minute, I need to write this down"

Very distracting and broke the tempo of instruction.

Loren, your in for a real eye opener. Hang in there girl. :smile:

I'll bet the 16 year old daughter catches on real fast and she will be telling her mom, "no, thats not how you do it, its like this" :smile:

Later

John

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Can't wait to see you in April 😊. I'll be working in Florida until then.

Scott Lee

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
John you are very funny! I love it!

My daughter had me off the ground in an arm lock to get me to correct the stroke. She loved telling me what I was doing wrong, and then proceeded to show me how the MOFUDAT works right handed and nail it, then left handed and nail it. She is ambidextrous and has 2 beautiful strokes. :rolleyes:

Our 8 year old put a cue on her Santa's list and yes Santa delivered just in time. :thumbup:

Love my kids. :grin-loving: Thanks for posting:wave3:
Later,
Loren
Man, thats great Scott. Loren wont be disappointed.

What would be great is if the entire instruction period could be recorded.

I remember when taking 3 cushion lesson from Harry Sims I had to stop him and say "just a minute, I need to write this down"

Very distracting and broke the tempo of instruction.

Loren, your in for a real eye opener. Hang in there girl. :smile:

I'll bet the 16 year old daughter catches on real fast and she will be telling her mom, "no, thats not how you do it, its like this" :smile:

Later

John

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like you are using a cue ball in the second video. Maybe you should try using a striped ball setup as straight up as you can. Hit it dead center and the stripe should stay upright and roll perfectly. It gives you a little more feedback on how you hit the shot. When the stripe is wobbling you have setup the ball wrong or hit the shot off center. If you chalk up before each shot you can look at the ball for the chalk mark to see exactly where you made contact.

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
I have leveled up people. I finally moved to a 3 with the APA. :)

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good 4 U Loren! It sure feels good doesn't it.. Practice, dedication, patience and the desire to learn are paying off.. GOOD 4 U !!!!! Stay positive & continue to have fun....

boyersj

Indiana VNEA State Champ
Silver Member
Great job Loren!

Many people in the APA don't get excited about going up, but it is great to see that you are!

MaryAvina.com

pool whats that?
Silver Member
Happy to see your love for the game.

I have leveled up people. I finally moved to a 3 with the APA. :)

JuicyGirl, glad to see your enthusiasm in the game. First of all I can see your improvement from video to video so is no surprised you were bumped from a two.

Hope you get bumped again soon. You appear to have a healthy attitude toward the game. Too many players in the league system are only to happy to keep their handicap low for a perceived edge over other players.

It would be nice if there was more female players with your drive. As we all know we are quite outnumbered in the sport in general.

Step one is addressing your break. Many players, females more than men, don't address this but being the first thing in a pool game it certainly should be. Don't think for one second that being female matters. A well developed break technique is far more important than body type or gender.

Step two can be up to you, and you appear to be on the right track. Make sure to keep that drive. Set some realistic goals for yourself and don't be discouraged if they don't come to pass fast enough.

Remember, pool is one of those games that can be played for the rest of your life. Hopefully one day, when you are older, you will be a hell of a champion player.
One can dream of course.

Most important advise is don't get overwhelmed by to much information and people wanting to help you. Take all advise with a grain of salt. That said below there is some recommendations to increase your Knowledge at an accelerated pace. Of-course make sure to play a great deal for this new information wont make any difference with no practice.

Also be the ball Mary Avina:wink:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Ms. Avina,

Thanks for giving Loren both good advice & resources to guide her on her journey in the quest.

I, for one, look forward to your future participation here on AZB.

Regards & Best Wishes to You &