stiffest and most solid cue that you've hit with???

yuri_b17

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what is the stiffest and the most solid cue that you've played/hit with or owned??? pics would also be great if you have it...

it doesn't have to be the best playing cue since most of us has a varied preference when it come to hit and playability...

So I'll start it...

To date...so far with all cues that I have tried I would have to say it's my Gina...

...and here she is...
a5969d04.jpg

Cue Guru

Close, but no roll...
Silver Member
Barry and his Dad (with steel joints) hit firmly... My old Richard Black hits firmly as well, but not a Szamboti by a long shot...

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
My Josey full splice with the Timeless Timber™ shaft (handpicked from Keith's personal stash), and SS sleeved 3/4 Radial pin joint. Feels like a one piece.

josey1-2.jpg

The Tucker and Allers I had to part with were pretty close, one a little too heavy, the other a little too light. :(

Lisa

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gus Szamboti was the stiffest cue I've ever hit with by a wide margin.
It was a bit too stiff for my likes but that is my personal prefferance.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
What do you mean, part with?
You got rid of a Tucker?
Tsk,tsk, shame on you.

Lost my job back at the end of May. Ex-boss fought my unenjoyment, so no $$$ coming in. Was very short of the mortgage as a result. Still battling with unenjoyment, and still no work. A soldier back from Iraq begged me for the Allers, and paid a good price for it too. The Tucker was an easy sell, and brought a good price. It helped save the house and property. I got to keep a cue, and I figured that I might lose a little on the Josey, so I kept it. It was all a very difficult decision at a very tough time in my life. Being a 52 yo female in a depressed job market state isn't helping.

No worries...once I can get working again, I have buy-back option on the Tucker. It's in very good hands. And since Paul is local to me, and a friend, I can always get another cue from him.

Lisa

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
what is the stiffest and the most solid cue that you've played/hit with or owned??? pics would also be great if you have it...

it doesn't have to be the best playing cue since most of us has a varied

Bluegrass, and a plain jane kersenbrock. I'd like to own either cue.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
This cue felt like it had steel poles for shafts it hit so stiff...ivory ferrules & Triangle tips so it was definately the cue...Tascarella.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
This cue felt like it had steel poles for shafts it hit so stiff...ivory ferrules & Triangle tips so it was definately the cue...Tascarella.

Not as stiff as this Moochi I tried.
It was frozen in a meat locker when I tried it.

Old Hoppe cues.

LMB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd have to say my 2 Joey cues and Hunter Classic. After those this very old Southwest cue I sold a few years back. Pics aren't the greatest but you should get the Idea.
JoeyCue1.jpg

2JoeyG10.jpg

HunterClassic1.jpg

Southwestcue002.jpg

yuri_b17

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the awesome responses...let's hear some more...hope to try out or own some of those mentioned someday...as I like them hard hitters...

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
the sugartree i have hits like a anvil falling off a 10 story building on your head....the only cue that even comes close is one of those old duff one piece cues....

potshot

Consistently inconsistent
sweet spot

"one peace" The stongest concept. "Resinates" around 33 kz THUMP Dufferins dont live forever though the thump will linger/repairs are hard

Last edited: