What else do you do aside from pool?

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
what do i do besides pool

Photography product, landscape, transportation, wild life, pet.
Exploring the great out doors.
Treasure hunting or recovering old stuff.
Dogs, 2 German shepherds.
Wood working.

Dogs

Recovered this 1870's Webster hit and miss engine out of the bottom of a river that dried up. The engine is laying on its side,
Beginning of dig at first because of the steel wheels I thought I might of found a old cannon, actually I had no idea what I was digging up until I got it all the way out of the ground ?

Spark plug, sorry for the bad photo I just got this camera and I was new to photography then..

I sold this engine to a collector faster then you can say peanut butter :p

Just pics

shayne87

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do wood turnings.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 558

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I love golf as well and find it quite addicting.Unfortunately,I don't have the natural ability in golf that I do have in pool and billiards.After almost 20 years of trying to figure out the golf swing,I am still a 15 handicap...:(

Have you had success with your swing?If so,what do you find is the key?

I'll let you know. I've only been playing again 4 months after a 15 year layoff, so I'm getting back but I lost a lot more than I thought in that time period. I started back by playing a difficult par 3, 12 hole executive course we have here for a few months, and started playing the large courses about a month ago. I'm hitting the ball a long way but still shooting around 90 because my short game sucks. I got a newer set of clubs (Callaway Apex) and added at least 10 to 15 yards on the irons and 30 yards to the driver.

I just signed up for an SCGA handicap number yesterday. Golf is a terribly difficult game. Some of the older golfers around here have terrible swings but have excellent short games. Sometimes we spend so much time working on the full swing, we forget the short game is where real scoring takes place.

I am so glad I rediscovered golf. We now live on a golf course and there are 6 or 7 decent courses within an easy drive. The course I live on is the home course for Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, so we get a chance to watch the collegiate players on the practice tee. Nothing better for your game than to watch good players swing the club.

I am working with a neighbor who is a good golfer and was a former long time collegiate golf coach. He is shortening my backswing, improving my takeaway and turn, and slowing my transition. Interesting he teaches an early wrist cock with the irons. He has video software on his I-pad and it's helpful.

I'm not yet consistent. Last week I drove the green on a 295 yard par 4. I won't mention I then 3 putted! That's the kind of stuff that keep you coming back. I plan on spending a lot more time on the practice tee.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
YEah my dad...

I'll let you know. I've only been playing again 4 months after a 15 year layoff, so I'm getting back but I lost a lot more than I thought in that time period. I started back by playing a difficult par 3, 12 hole executive course we have here for a few months, and started playing the large courses about a month ago. I'm hitting the ball a long way but still shooting around 90 because my short game sucks. I got a newer set of clubs (Callaway Apex) and added at least 10 to 15 yards on the irons and 30 yards to the driver.

I just signed up for an SCGA handicap number yesterday. Golf is a terribly difficult game. Some of the older golfers around here have terrible swings but have excellent short games. Sometimes we spend so much time working on the full swing, we forget the short game is where real scoring takes place.

I am so glad I rediscovered golf. We now live on a golf course and there are 6 or 7 decent courses within an easy drive. The course I live on is the home course for Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, so we get a chance to watch the collegiate players on the practice tee. Nothing better for your game than to watch good players swing the club.

I am working with a neighbor who is a good golfer and was a former long time collegiate golf coach. He is shortening my backswing, improving my takeaway and turn, and slowing my transition. Interesting he teaches an early wrist cock with the irons. He has video software on his I-pad and it's helpful.

I'm not yet consistent. Last week I drove the green on a 295 yard par 4. I won't mention I then 3 putted! That's the kind of stuff that keep you coming back. I plan on spending a lot more time on the practice tee.

Yep, my dad has always said, show me someone who can hit a seven iron and a putter perfectly and I'll show you a scratch golfer...

Jaden

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Best friends are my dogs
Harley Road King rider
Published short fiction writer
Fly fisher
Fly tier
Sculpture (abstract)
Watercolor artist
Flatpicker in an old time stringband (playing a square dance this weekend)
Cowboyed for an open range operation
Rodeoed a little when I was still bulletproof
Worked as roustabout on rigs in the gulf of Mexico
Decked on pushboats on the Mississippi
Tended bar in the French Quarter
Retired one year ago
Got diagnosed with cancer last week.:frown:
Ain't life a *****.

I am really sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I hope its not aggressive and that you kick its ass!!!!

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Whatever my wife tells me to do... Or whatever i can get away with without her killing me in my sleep.

enimrac

Registered
Let's see I'm 24 and an Army vet. I love reading military history and playing my guitar but lately I've put it down to play more pool. I've been working for Lifetouch national school studios for a while so I've probably printed a lot of your children's school and sports pictures lol. I just got laid off in January so I spend my time looking for a job and playing pool. I'm lucky that I got my fiancé to start playing and she likes it almost as much as I do. Besides that I live a boring life haha.

genuino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Piano
Avid juggler
Food-styling
Play the ukulele from time-to-time
Enjoy traveling to O'ahu every few years
Going the range and hitting some golf balls around

"These are few of my favorite things"

Food stylist? Nice!! are you a chef also?

Graphic Designer
Guitar player and builder
Shooting range quiet a lot
Chef as a second profession
Commercial photography (hobby)
Woodowrking (small scale, hobby)
Oil painting once in a while

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I work as a Custodian at a University, they are seriously understaffed therefore I am overworked and the need for sleep has been more then I would like. Work takes so much out of me. I have student loans so I really should get back into classes to make them defer.
I enjoy Target practice with pistols and rifles, I also spend a lot of time on the internet searching for how to do things I don't know how to or do things I can do better and more efficiently. I have gotten pretty deeply into computer networking and especially into my home media center pc setup. I am not a real big fan of Cable television. I do enjoy cable internet though as my connection speed is above average. I stream pretty much everything in the house over my home network from my personally owned hard drives. I also used to do a lot of web design work as well. Currently I recently purchased a 2006 Saab 95 and have been researching how to fix and improve it. That car has brought back the fun in going out for a drive for me. It is not the overall speed to me it is how you get there and can handle the road for me. I used to see that quite different owning 8 cylinders most of my life never thought a 4 cylinder would or could perform anything close to what that car does.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
- Developer of high-speed assembly systems (like "How Things Work") and assembly methods (adhesive, welding, fastening, etc.) in the real world, not the fantasy world ( like this, but this isn't mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SslJJFBJ6os)

- Medical Device Manufacturing Professional

- Instructor of creative writing (1-12th grade, USA)

- Published author (70+ magazine articles and 1 book)

- Drinker of Coors Light

- HD Sportster Rider

- Julia Child fan (cooking was my passion)

- High Run of 102 unfinished... in Quarters

- Father of two amazing adult women

- Beach bum

- Karaoke tournament winner (I come from a family of professional musicians)

- Patriots and Yankees fan

Freddie <~~~ diversity personified

Last edited:

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I basically don't do anything besides hang with my fiance and shoot pool. I was a sponsored skateboarder for a number of years, until I blew out my knee and had to slow down quite a bit. I still get out there every so often and magic can sometimes still happen but now all the energy and focus that I had invested in skateboarding has been poured into pool.

Besides that I collect records, hang out with my fiance and our dog, drink a whole bunch of beer and make cocktails, ride my bike whenever I can, make whoopee whenever possible, go see our families, and I haven't done one for a while but I make mosaic tables. Here's one I made for my fiance when we were first dating:

o88e2u.jpg

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
- I work in the oil and gas industry and own part of a chiropractic clinic.

- Love spending time with my 2 and 10 year old boys.

- Huge 80's heavy metal and Walking Dead Fan.

- Collect autographed cue balls and cues (it's pool related but not actually playing).

- Play chess and blackjack/poker whenever the opportunity presents itself.