Tony Robles doing exhibitions in Alton, IL (near St. Louis) July 9th - July 10th

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
Hi guys,

Tony & I will be in Alton, Illinois (right across the river from St. Louis) from July 9th - July 11th. We are scheduled to run an exhibition at Riverbend Billiards Friday, July 9th, visit Atlantis Pools Saturday morning (tentative) & have another exhibition Sat, July 10th at Riverbender Community Center around 7pm. The Community Center is running a tournament for kids earlier in the day and the winners get to play Tony after the trick shot exhibition. Hope to meet some of the St. Louis/Illinois AZers out there!

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Hi guys,

Tony & I will be in Alton, Illinois (right across the river from St. Louis) from July 9th - July 11th. We are scheduled to run an exhibition at Riverbend Billiards Friday, July 9th, visit Atlantis Pools Saturday morning (tentative) & have another exhibition Sat, July 10th at Riverbender Community Center around 7pm. The Community Center is running a tournament for kids earlier in the day and the winners get to play Tony after the trick shot exhibition. Hope to meet some of the St. Louis/Illinois AZers out there!

Gail,

That is a great idea to run a tournament for kids and then have the winners play Tony. What a great opportunity for them!

Knock 'em dead at the exhibitions!

- Steve

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Gail,

That is a great idea to run a tournament for kids and then have the winners play Tony. What a great opportunity for them!

Knock 'em dead at the exhibitions!

- Steve

Except that kid is gonna have nightmares when Tony puts a 5 pack on him. Kid doesn't stand a chance! :)

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Except that kid is gonna have nightmares when Tony puts a 5 pack on him. Kid doesn't stand a chance! :)

Great stuff having an exhibition for the kids. Remind Tony that the kids are not "bunnies". Haha:grin:

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
i can't wait to go to this!! already have it on my calendar and reminders set. it'll be a whole new experience weekend for me. never been to the riverbend pool room and never met a touring pro player. here's hoping i catch them as they're walking around.

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
Gail,

Thanks Steve. I think Tony is looking forward to this the most. He LOVES working with kids. :)

Great stuff having an exhibition for the kids. Remind Tony that the kids are not "bunnies". Haha:grin:

HAHAHA -- Will do. "Honey, these bunnies don't die, ok?"

Looking forward to meeting you Johnny!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Good luck! The people down there are very friendly and I heard the pool room is nice now that it has been renovated after a fire. I'm sure the kids will love the opportunity.

Sarah

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gail...Send press releases (w/pics :D) to the St. Louis tv stations and newspapers. They might well send a news crew (if they do, have the reporter make a trick shot...that guarantees that it will make the news). Sounds like a great community event. Best of luck to you and Tony.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Hi guys,

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to hang out a lot at Riverbend before I moved away from St Louis. I haven't been to the new location. You won't find many pool hall owners as nice as Terry (assuming he still owns it).

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Contact Jim Buss at http://stlpool.com and have him send out a mass email and list it on his email newsletter. He has hundreds of players in the St. Louis metro area on his email list for upcoming events.

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
Contact Jim Buss at http://stlpool.com and have him send out a mass email and list it on his email newsletter. He has hundreds of players in the St. Louis metro area on his email list for upcoming events.

Hi Cueandcushion! Thanks for the information. I went to the website above and couldn't find any contact information. Do you have an email address maybe?

Thanks for information about the publicity. We have contacted the Alton media outlets. We don't have a contact at the St. Louis newspapers & TV Stations but will try to find some info on it. Thank you so much everyone!

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Riverbend is a great new venue

Good luck! The people down there are very friendly and I heard the pool room is nice now that it has been renovated after a fire. I'm sure the kids will love the opportunity.

Sarah

The old Riverbend was leveled by the fire, the new one is on Broadway and you can see it when you come over the 367 bridge.

I would love to see this but expect to be in Olathe that weekend. If not, this will be a great alternative. Terry did a great job building the new Riverbend.:grin:

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
Hi Cueandcushion! Thanks for the information. I went to the website above and couldn't find any contact information. Do you have an email address maybe?

Thanks for information about the publicity. We have contacted the Alton media outlets. We don't have a contact at the St. Louis newspapers & TV Stations but will try to find some info on it. Thank you so much everyone!

That stlpool site is, imo, just terrible from both a promotion and presentation aspect. but, it's got all the links to all the local sites, so... one of these day's i'll inquire about rebuilding it myself - along with half of the other local websites.

anyway...

you can contact Jim Buss at jimbuss@jimbuss.com