Bergman vs. Deuel at BCAPL National Championships

CSI Media

CueSports International
Silver Member
Predator Arena VIP Seats Available Now!
Get your front row seats for the US Open 10-Ball Championship, US Open 8-Ball Championships, special challenge matches and more!
Pick Your Poison Challenge: Shane Van Boening vs. Thorsten Hohmann, 8-Ball, Race to 21
The Tiger Challenge: Mike Dechaine vs. Rodney Morris, 10-Ball, Race to 21
The OB Challenge: Justin Bergman vs. Corey Deuel, 8-Ball, Race to 21
Purchase your 11-day VIP Seats here: http://www.playcsipool.com/2016-vip-seats.html
OBchallenge.jpg

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
CSI News -- is the arena going to be better this year? Meaning are the bleachers going to be higher than the pool table?

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Corey all the way. GO "Prince of Pool".

I can understand someone picking Corey to win this one, but I say
JB can and will win this one.
He's hungrier than Corey IMO.

As I have said in previous posts, I feel Corey has peaked and at this point in his
career, any young gun who comes at him with some hunger "chops" has a damn
good chance of taking the cheese.

Look me up, Str8Pool, after the match and we can discuss the results.

Thanks.

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CSI News -- is the arena going to be better this year? Meaning are the bleachers going to be higher than the pool table?

Looking at the new seating chart they have changed things around, but you can't tell by the seating chart at what level the bleachers are. I do hope it is better. I'm going out early to watch some of these matches. I can't swing the full $200 VIP seats for the entire tournament, but do hope the view from the bleachers is better.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Let's hope you are right. Be good to have a crowd around watching these matches.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Are these matches on a bar table? Or did they bring in 9 footer for them this year.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Corey wins this match, I'd be shocked!
Not sure if it's on a bar table or a 9, but if it's a bar table, ... you know...

The tournaments going on at the same time will be on 7' tables, so one can only assume these challenge matches will be the same. I sure hope not though, and hope they brought in at least one 9' table for them.

If it's on 7', I won't be watching.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
The tournaments going on at the same time will be on 7' tables, so one can only assume these challenge matches will be the same. I sure hope not though, and hope they brought in at least one 9' table for them.

If it's on 7', I won't be watching.

Deal breaker for me too. That is why I was asking. I hope it is on a 9 footer.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can understand someone picking Corey to win this one, but I say
JB can and will win this one.
He's hungrier than Corey IMO.

As I have said in previous posts, I feel Corey has peaked and at this point in his
career, any young gun who comes at him with some hunger "chops" has a damn
good chance of taking the cheese.

Look me up, Str8Pool, after the match and we can discuss the results.

Thanks.

I wonder if Cory will use that straight pool break he used in that one turney one railing the corner ball straight back ,

s0lidz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this event going to be streamed? I don't see any advertising or purchase links for a ppv.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll be there, yapping away as usual. :)
Playing on a 7' Diamond is still real pool I don't care what you say. You still see great shots and good run-outs, and the best players find a way to win. Not the same skills you see on a 9', but SKILLS just the same! Cue ball position becomes the essential thing in these matches. A lot of tight position shots are required. I like these matches with good players involved. It seems like it always comes down to one or two key shots in each match. Try shooting a bank off the end rail for all the cheese and then tell me how easy it is, lol.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing on a 7' Diamond is still real pool I don't care what you say. You still see great shots and good run-outs, and the best players find a way to win. Not the same skills you see on a 9', but SKILLS just the same! Cue ball position becomes the essential thing in these matches. A lot of tight position shots are required. I like these matches with good players involved. It seems like it always comes down to one or two key shots in each match. Try shooting a bank off the end rail for all the cheese and then tell me how easy it is, lol.

I'm sure your commentary will be top notch. For those that can't watch the matches, let me give you a preview of Jay's commentary for them:

Jay: Looks like he has a shot on the 1. Okay, he's probably out from here. Nice out.

It's real pool for hacks like me, but for these guys it's a walk in the park.

The biggest problem is when you see balls go that would NEVER go on a 9' table.

I doubt it could have been that much more costly or difficult to bring in one 9' table for these challenge matches. Even if it was a little more costly, it would increase the amount of viewers which would likely offset those costs.

Last edited:

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you're right, the same players that win on the 9'ers win on the bar tables which is not just luck. Players and real fans of pool love pool, doesn't matter the table. High level performance is enjoyable no matter the conditions.
Jay, if you could though, please don't let the loud smacking guy commentate with you. I'm sure he's a great person and all that stuff, but for the love of God.... Ok I'm done.