Here's some pics from the 2012 iccs show

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
~~**Here's some PICS from the 2012 ICCS SHOW**~~

As I've said in the other thread, I had a great time, thanks to all the exhibitors. I got a moment free from work so I edited the pics I took of Will Prout's exhibit and it is fitting to start there:

will1.jpg

will2.jpg

The Master Speaks

will3.jpg

Monster Modern Gina Ivory Box Cue, Monster Gus Ivory Box Cue, Monster I forget, Monster Scrimmed Ivory Ferrari Bill Schick, Monster 60s Ivory Handle Gina,Monster First Box Cue Ever Made (Gina), Monster Modern Ivory Gina Box, Off the Hook Monster Silver Kershenbrock

will5.jpg

All Ginas

will6.jpg

will7.jpg

will8.jpg

I'm a sucker for the old school stacked veneers like in the Ed Kelly Box Cue, which of course, are stacked in the forearm boxes as well. Take a look at the Gus were they are stacked as well.

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
2 Eastwood Cases (I met him at the show and he's a great guy and obviously an artisan with a love for pool). The details are from his Gambler Case. Both cases are in Prout's collection.

will9.jpg

will10.jpg

will11.jpg

will12.jpg

will13.jpg

will14.jpg

will15.jpg

More to come.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

Catalyze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gorgeous pictures!
Thanks for posting them and feel free to post more.
Craig

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Bill Schick

Mr. Schick's display rack is missing one cue because that cue went to the rack that housed the Gambler Collection. Gambler cues were the theme for this years show, and were subject to silent auction. Schick's contribution was incredible, as is my failure to get one pic of the Gambler submissions (I'm sure others did).

I never met Burton Spain. I am, of course, a fan of his work, but am always touched by stories about him. The thought of Burton and Joel working side by side making the End Of The Line cues, Burton knowing he was dying and passing on his legacy just gets me every time.

Mr. Schick told me his story about Spain, referring to Burton as "my best friend". I later referred to Burton as his friend and Bill corrected me, "my best friend". Burton Spain taught Schick how to build a splice his way.

Here is Bill Schick's tribute to Burton Spain, built using a Burton Spain spliced blank. I don't even know how to describe this cue, wrapless, full-splice and then words just fail.

Enjoy (and thanks for the story Mr Schick):

schick1.jpg

schick2.jpg

schick3.jpg

schick4.jpg

schick5.jpg

Last edited:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love those cases. And the Ed Kelly cue is pretty sweet too. I had Tim Scruggs make a cue for me that was very similar years ago.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
the gus box cue........o my :eek: will has some true monsters but the gus is well.........:hug:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
the gus box cue........o my :eek: will has some true monsters but the gus is well.........:hug:

I have several pics of that Gus Box as I was involved in getting that cue into Will's hands (my intro to AZ Billiards). eMail me at

kvinbrwr@earthlink.net

and I'll be happy to share with you if you are interested.

Not only did I miss the chance to take a pic of the Gambler Collection, but I somehow managed to avoid taking a pic of Will's SEARING Box Cue.

I suck.

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Schick's Spain cue is damn beautiful.

Way good looking and totally unique.

The butt boxes each feature an aspect of their friendship, one says, "Poet" and one says "Golfer" and "Cue Maker". Schick and Spain played lots of golf together and Schick made a great face when describing Burton dragging him off to some poetry reading.

Kevin

Last edited:

berko

Aggressively passive
Silver Member
Thanks for the pics.

It is just so cool to the the end products of the intersection of art, function, and master craftsmanship.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Kevin,
Awesome pics!
That Schick/Spain is incredible.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Troy

I really like the Schick/Spain too. Its a great way to demonstrate a full splice and a great testament to Burton by a highly skilled craftsman who really liked and respected him.

More to come.

Kevin

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I saw that Gilbert "TAD" before he left for the show. Did you happen to get a picture of Andy's slot-machine cue?

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
The Schick cue from the Spain blank is among the most beautifully executed cues I have ever seen.

-dj

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
The Kurasaki Collection

Classic cue design for the most part. That no veneers, no inlays, no trim rings, plain black joint collars, ebony into straight grain maple with plain leather wrap cue lying down in front of the rack was made by some guy named Gus.

kura1.jpg

kura2.jpg

kura3.jpg

kura4.jpg

kura5.jpg

kura6.jpg

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
will3.jpg

Kevin,

I am really pleased that we were finally able to meet, after several years of friendship and multiple (big) cue transactions. As I mentioned at the show, I am very glad you will be posting some of the pictures you took at the show.

I was too busy to take pictures, and encourage everyone who took pictures at the ICCS to post as many pictures as they can of the cues and also of the exhibiting cuemakers, collectors and attendees.

Wow, what an unbelievable group of people at the show:

Hall of Famer Ernie Gutierrez and wonderful wife Luce all weekend;

Hall of Famer Tad Kohara, wife, son Fred and daughter June;

South West Cues Laurie Franklin all weekend, Mickey, Al Lawrence;

Trailblazer Dick Helmstetter of Adam Cues;

Mark and Sunny Griffin;

ScreenArt TV, a German TV crew all weekend doing a 30 minute billiards screen documentary For the German equivalent of the British BBC. Stay tuned, I will post when it comes online free.

Mike and Francine Massey all weekend;

Phil and Carl Eastwood of Quiverz Cases;

ICCS Cuemakers this year brought simply amazing cues. I escaped with three more. Cuemakers:
AE Cues
Arthur Cues (Germany)
Blackcreek Custom Cues
Richard Black Custom Cues
Richard Chudy Custom Cues
Gilbert Custom Cues
Bobby Hunter Custom Cues
McWorter Cues
Nittii Cues
PFD Studios
Bill Schick Originals
Tonkin Custom Cues
Harmon Designs (unique racks for cues)

The Special Collection this year is The Gambler Cues, and is a stunning group of cues that comprise the most amazing group of Gambler cues ever assembled in one rack. Ever. Pictures to come...

Exhibiting Collectors included:
Bob Colston
Denny and Del Glenn
John Gonzales
Rick Goulden
Bob Hoppman
Max Hoskins
Ken Kerner
Howard Kurasaki
Roy Malott
Hideo Ohara/Kiyo Kagomiya (Japan)
Don Owen
Will Prout
Nick Varner (yes, with some wonderful cues)
Keith Walton
Tom Watters
Phil Windham

I still cannot get George Balabushka's accordion from 1940's out of mind,
Or Herman Rambo's cabinet he made with great calligraphy,
Or.............etc, etc......

I am currently traveling, but will post more later. And thanks to the many AZers who came!

Thanks to all who attended.

Will Prout

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Kevin,

I am really pleased that we were finally able to meet, after several years of friendship and multiple (big) cue transactions. As I mentioned at the show, I am very glad you will be posting some of the pictures you took at the show.

I was too busy to take pictures, and encourage everyone who took pictures at the ICCS to post as many pictures as they can of the cues and also of the exhibiting cuemakers, collectors and attendees.

Wow, what an unbelievable group of people at the show:

Hall of Famer Ernie Gutierrez and wonderful wife Luce all weekend;

Hall of Famer Tad Kohara, wife, son Fred and daughter June;

South West Cues Laurie Franklin all weekend, Mickey, Al Lawrence;

Trailblazer Dick Helmstetter of Adam Cues;

Mark and Sunny Griffin;

ScreenArt TV, a German TV crew all weekend doing a 30 minute billiards screen documentary For the German equivalent of the British BBC. Stay tuned, I will post when it comes online free.

Mike and Francine Massey all weekend;

Phil and Carl Eastwood of Quiverz Cases;

ICCS Cuemakers this year brought simply amazing cues. I escaped with three more. Cuemakers:
AE Cues
Arthur Cues (Germany)
Blackcreek Custom Cues
Richard Black Custom Cues
Richard Chudy Custom Cues
Gilbert Custom Cues
Bobby Hunter Custom Cues
McWorter Cues
Nittii Cues
PFD Studios
Bill Schick Originals
Tonkin Custom Cues
Harmon Designs (unique racks for cues)

The Special Collection this year is The Gambler Cues, and is a stunning group of cues that comprise the most amazing group of Gambler cues ever assembled in one rack. Ever. Pictures to come...

Exhibiting Collectors included:
Bob Colston
Denny and Del Glenn
John Gonzales
Rick Goulden
Bob Hoppman
Max Hoskins
Ken Kerner
Howard Kurasaki
Roy Malott
Hideo Ohara/Kiyo Kagomiya (Japan)
Don Owen
Will Prout
Nick Varner (yes, with some wonderful cues)
Keith Walton
Tom Watters
Phil Windham

I still cannot get George Balabushka's accordion from 1940's out of mind,
Or Herman Rambo's cabinet he made with great calligraphy,
Or.............etc, etc......

I am currently traveling, but will post more later. And thanks to the many AZers who came!

Thanks to all who attended.

Will Prout

Will

Damn, I missed Helmstetter, I'm so pissed.

I hope I've maintained enough mystery to be able to attract you to the next large cue I run across.

Please!:
a George accordion and case?
Rambo's hand made tools and chest?
Gus pantograph stencils?
Gus shortie blanks?

I could not believe what I was seeing, let alone a big ivory Martin.

Great show.

Have a fun and safe trip home.

Thanks

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Richard Black

Richard's cues were of course displayed all over the room by their current owners. Here's one (that was already sold) that he had with him. Pretty simple design with some unique flowing cross-over veneers

black1.jpg

black2.jpg

black3.jpg