Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Mosconi Cup 2019 Day 3
Page 12 of 15 « First 2101112 1314 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#166)
asbani
AzB Silver Member
asbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 498

11-27-2019, 04:41 PM

What's funny in pool is that they celebrate off the miss of their opponents on the seven ball, like they got easy 2 balls to make after USA misses, then they celebrate the easy inning.

It's like when Rafael Nadal celebrates and fist pump when his opponent throws the ball outside of the court.

Old
  (#167)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

11-27-2019, 04:42 PM

Golden opportunity for the U.S. to run out the last rack, but they fail to get there. 8-7 U.S. going into Day 4.

I thought the mistake in that rack was Billy bringing the cueball past the other side of the side pocket going from the 4 to the 5.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#168)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny-the-blade View Post
Clutch bank from Billy!
On what ball!?
Tell me they are out

Old
  (#169)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

Shaw and Filler dancing away.

Old
  (#170)
benny-the-blade
AzB Silver Member
benny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
Golden opportunity for the U.S. to run out the last rack, but they fail to get there. 8-7 U.S. going into Day 4.

I thought the mistake in that rack was Billy bringing the cueball past the other side of the side pocket going from the 4 to the 5.
But Berg never should have missed that 7.

(Nick van den Berg) is the most overrated player on the planet. Iíll bet against him until Iím bust. - iusedtoberich

Old
  (#171)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Shaw and Filler dancing away.
I don't think we realize how important that point was.
Filler will lead off tomorrow
Then Shaw
I hope Johan doesn't lead with Shane.

Old
  (#172)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

11-27-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny-the-blade View Post
But Berg never should have missed that 7.
Agreed, he's a favorite to make that 7, but it's a long, tough, off-angle shot, without natural shape on the 9. They got out of line going from the 4 to the 5 though, and it carried all the way to the 7 ball.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#173)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

11-27-2019, 04:54 PM

Wow, two mistakes by Bergman at double hill and it costs the match. First he left Thorpe a tough bank on the six, but the Derby City Bank Pool Champion got up and made it look easy. Justin then misses a tester on the seven and that was all she wrote. Europe dodged a bullet here.

Feijen showed his first signs of life in this match, and his kick in of the four ball in rack 8 gave his team new life in a match that looked all but lost.

Tomorrow should be exciting, but I won't be watching. I'll be eating turkey, watching football and enjoying the day with my family. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Old
  (#174)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2019, 04:55 PM

Tomm singles matchups will be interesting.

USA might be the underdog even with the lead.

Old
  (#175)
benny-the-blade
AzB Silver Member
benny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
Then Shaw
Right now Feijen is begging Chamat to put him in first tomorrow. He thinks heís still got some magic left in that cue of his.

(Nick van den Berg) is the most overrated player on the planet. Iíll bet against him until Iím bust. - iusedtoberich

Old
  (#176)
Poolplaya9
Tellin' it like it is...
Poolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond reputePoolplaya9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800
  Send a message via AIM to Poolplaya9  
11-27-2019, 04:58 PM

This guy has all the matches from this year up on youtube (#'s 1-14) except for the match that just finished (#15) which is presumably in the process of being uploaded right now and should be available within a few minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Uniwade/videos

Old
  (#177)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2019, 04:58 PM

Apparently player etiquette and respect for your opponent does not apply in the Mosconi Cup, at least for some players.

Old
  (#178)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
Then Shaw
The importance of that 7-ball missed by Justin was HUGE and that is why there was so much pressure on him. It might be a turning point. Would team USA make a lead 9-6 and they definitely are the favorites on day 4 but now I like the chances of team Europe better tomorrow. Overall fantastic MC so far with so much drama and to tell the truth I've never seen the better player made and born for such event-format with all that audience and pressure like Joshua Filler. He just made for this event enjoying every minute of it so do I watching him playing...so NATURAL. He's got that X-factor needed to be a great entertainer and showman and he knows it.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Last edited by S.Vaskovskyi; 11-27-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Old
  (#179)
8cree
AzB Silver Member

8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2019, 05:05 PM

Should have taken his time on that 7. My stomach turns for him. Ouch

... behind every good man, there's a woman rolling her eyes

Old
  (#180)
Nick H
AzB Bronze Member
Nick H is on a distinguished road

11-27-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Wow, two mistakes by Bergman at double hill and it costs the match. First he left Thorpe a tough bank on the six, but the Derby City Bank Pool Champion got up and made it look easy. Justin then misses a tester on the seven and that was all she wrote. Europe dodged a bullet here.

Feijen showed his first signs of life in this match, and his kick in of the four ball in rack 8 gave his team new life in a match that looked all but lost.

Tomorrow should be exciting, but I won't be watching. I'll be eating turkey, watching football and enjoying the day with my family. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Are you serious? That was a duck out until Billy T. drew above the side pocket for no other reason than nerves. It's funny how so many on this thread criticize Filler but no one says anything about Billy T. who has been just as bad if not worse. At least Filler backs his shit up, Billy T. has been by far the weakest player on the USA side.

Page 12 of 15 « First 2101112 1314 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: