Mosconi Cup 2019 Day 3

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's funny in pool is that they celebrate off the miss of their opponents on the seven ball, like they got easy 2 balls to make after USA misses, then they celebrate the easy inning.

It's like when Rafael Nadal celebrates and fist pump when his opponent throws the ball outside of the court.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Golden opportunity for the U.S. to run out the last rack, but they fail to get there. 8-7 U.S. going into Day 4.

I thought the mistake in that rack was Billy bringing the cueball past the other side of the side pocket going from the 4 to the 5.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Golden opportunity for the U.S. to run out the last rack, but they fail to get there. 8-7 U.S. going into Day 4.

I thought the mistake in that rack was Billy bringing the cueball past the other side of the side pocket going from the 4 to the 5.

But Berg never should have missed that 7.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
But Berg never should have missed that 7.

Agreed, he's a favorite to make that 7, but it's a long, tough, off-angle shot, without natural shape on the 9. They got out of line going from the 4 to the 5 though, and it carried all the way to the 7 ball.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, two mistakes by Bergman at double hill and it costs the match. First he left Thorpe a tough bank on the six, but the Derby City Bank Pool Champion got up and made it look easy. Justin then misses a tester on the seven and that was all she wrote. Europe dodged a bullet here.

Feijen showed his first signs of life in this match, and his kick in of the four ball in rack 8 gave his team new life in a match that looked all but lost.

Tomorrow should be exciting, but I won't be watching. I'll be eating turkey, watching football and enjoying the day with my family. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tomm singles matchups will be interesting.

USA might be the underdog even with the lead.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think we realize how important that point was.
Filler will lead off tomorrow
Then Shaw
I hope Johan doesn't lead with Shane.

Right now Feijen is begging Chamat to put him in first tomorrow. He thinks he’s still got some magic left in that cue of his.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently player etiquette and respect for your opponent does not apply in the Mosconi Cup, at least for some players.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think we realize how important that point was.
Filler will lead off tomorrow
Then Shaw
I hope Johan doesn't lead with Shane.
The importance of that 7-ball missed by Justin was HUGE and that is why there was so much pressure on him. It might be a turning point. Would team USA make a lead 9-6 and they definitely are the favorites on day 4 but now I like the chances of team Europe better tomorrow. Overall fantastic MC so far with so much drama and to tell the truth I've never seen the better player made and born for such event-format with all that audience and pressure like Joshua Filler. He just made for this event enjoying every minute of it so do I watching him playing...so NATURAL. He's got that X-factor needed to be a great entertainer and showman and he knows it;).

Last edited:

Nick H

Registered
Wow, two mistakes by Bergman at double hill and it costs the match. First he left Thorpe a tough bank on the six, but the Derby City Bank Pool Champion got up and made it look easy. Justin then misses a tester on the seven and that was all she wrote. Europe dodged a bullet here.

Feijen showed his first signs of life in this match, and his kick in of the four ball in rack 8 gave his team new life in a match that looked all but lost.

Tomorrow should be exciting, but I won't be watching. I'll be eating turkey, watching football and enjoying the day with my family. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Are you serious? That was a duck out until Billy T. drew above the side pocket for no other reason than nerves. It's funny how so many on this thread criticize Filler but no one says anything about Billy T. who has been just as bad if not worse. At least Filler backs his shit up, Billy T. has been by far the weakest player on the USA side.