Indyq? WTH!!??

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This kinda makes me want to call Roy and tell him I'm looking for a cheap South West. Then sit back and just experience the vitriol.

Dude's shop is in my hometown but I have no interest in paying a serious visit after all the things I've read about him.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Clearly, another case of someone hyping the cuemaker to raise the values of their cues :p

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
In my past experiences with him, you don't even have to mention cheap. Anything can set him off, maybe why he's a recluse.

This kinda makes me want to call Roy and tell him I'm looking for a cheap South West. Then sit back and just experience the vitriol.

Dude's shop is in my hometown but I have no interest in paying a serious visit after all the things I've read about him.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion, a diatribe like that reflects far and away more on Roy than it does Bryan. Take me for example - I've never bought anything from either one but I'd be much less likely to buy anything from Indy Q at this point. I mean damn, that's a pretty scathing personal attack on a guy whose reputation up to this point has been fairly pristine. As mentioned before, I'd guess there's a lot more to this story.

And I just caught the description of the cues as well where he says Bryan's rings copy Mike Bender. I actually got a chuckle out of that. Dude's really going for it.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I'll take There's another side to this story for $100 Alex.

Attachments

• Story lying.jpg
    Story lying.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 654

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy is a dandy.

My advice is to avoid him if possible.

I have only had one dealing with him.

That was plenty.

Ken

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a receiving manager at a retail store, I cringe when people misspell receive or received or receiving. He did it twice. :( :(

I before E except after C.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
To his credit, Roy called out more than one person early in the game who ended up stiffing people (Sam Engles for example) , however, in my experience Bryan is certainly not a thief and smearing him about his marriage is way out of line.

Attachments

• scrooge.jpg
    scrooge.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Roy is a complete DOUCHE BAG. Period!!!! Went nuts on me once because he sent me some pictures of a cue and then I didn't buy it. He is crazy

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Indyq

I had the privilege of dealing with Roy a few years ago. I asked about pricing on a few cues ($2500+) and he accused me of wasting his time before answering any of my questions about what he had for sale. By the time it was over, I finally told him that he could stick the cue up his ass sideways and I wasn't interested in anything he had to sell ever again. Roy is a total ASSHOLE. Most disappointing dealer experience ever.

Oscargambles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy is a complete DOUCHE BAG. Period!!!! Went nuts on me once because he sent me some pictures of a cue and then I didn't buy it. He is crazy

Sounds like what he did to me....crazy bastard

I had the privilege of dealing with Roy a few years ago. I asked about pricing on a few cues ($2500+) and he accused me of wasting his time before answering any of my questions about what he had for sale. By the time it was over, I finally told him that he could stick the cue up his ass sideways and I wasn't interested in anything he had to sell ever again. Roy is a total ASSHOLE. Most disappointing dealer experience ever.

yes he is!

Roy is a dandy.

My advice is to avoid him if possible.

I have only had one dealing with him.

That was plenty.

Ken

Ive dealt with indyq once. Never again! That guy is nuts!

Deleted....

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
The only, (and let me say that this is an incredibly small amount of only) thing that I can think of that he may have a problem with is the cheap or haggle nature of pool players.

If you go to the forums, look how many pages there are of items for sale where on the 2nd page the person says, thanks for the offers, but please make REALISTIC offers, not $200 for a $3,000 cue.

Still it's no way to act towards people. I have posted a stick up for sale on here one time, and couldn't believe when a price is put on it, how low people go, and then follow up with, "can't blame a guy for trying"

Roy fly's off the handle unless the first items out of your mouth are a set of 16 numbers to pay him with.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on his "writing". I'd say Roy is a short bus kinda fellow

Last edited: