TAR YouTube is down

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know if this is possible, but youtube has required that contributors check a box on their setup to note whether or not the content on that channel is ok for children. I seem to remember there being a line about suspending accounts that dont comply by a certain date.

I wonder if the date came and went, and no one has monitored that youtube channel (Justin or otherwise) for some time. No compliance, suspended channel?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I still don’t understand what this has to do with the videos/YouTube channel being deleted

His company might have raised a concern given some of the discussions that went on in the podcasts. They are providing a legal service so they may have stricter rules for online content.

I dont know if this is possible, but youtube has required that contributors check a box on their setup to note whether or not the content on that channel is ok for children. I seem to remember there being a line about suspending accounts that dont comply by a certain date.

I wonder if the date came and went, and no one has monitored that youtube channel (Justin or otherwise) for some time. No compliance, suspended channel?

I re-read my content creator email and I don't see anything about suspending an account, but these are the "action" statements from them.

YouTube said:
Starting today, we will no longer serve personalized ads or support features such as comments, Stories, live chat, notification bell, and others on videos designated made for kids.

YouTube said:
If you don’t set your content or if we detect error or abuse, we may set your audience for you. If you fail to set your content accurately you may face compliance issues with the FTC or other authorities, and we may take action on your YouTube account.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Damn that’s crazy. I re-watched the Schmidt/deuel podcast just a couple weeks ago and there was still plenty on YT. Now I only see one, #48 with Shane and efrum...I’ve been watching all the old matches of Efren lately.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I was just looking for the Richard Harris (Bluegrass) interview video. It'd be cool if they could rehost some of the videos, even if not on YouTube.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are ways to save videos as mp4s from YouTube. Too bad we never got advance warning of the channel being removed. Otherwise I would have saved a few of the videos

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

I'm guessing something along these lines is what happened.

I don't look at that channel much anymore and didn't get any emails from Youtube about anything.

Mike H told me about the videos being gone so I just went and checked.

All the videos had been made private by Youtube. I have turned them all back on so as of right now all the podcasts and matches should be watchable.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for putting them back up!

I hope youre not too modest to realize the value your contributions have. :thumbup:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Thanks for putting them back up!

I hope youre not too modest to realize the value your contributions have. :thumbup:

Thanks.

There is something weird going on with Youtube. The channel is not coming up for some people and when you google The Action Report Youtube the channel does not show up in the results. It used to be the first result.

I chatted with a youtube rep for 30 minutes today and they are escalating it to the next level of service. Something with them or on my account changed and has it all screwed up.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
So after some digging I found not only were all the videos set to private but the entire channel was hidden which I did not know you could do.

I found the channel setting buried in a menu and reset it to public.

Everything should be available now at : https://www.youtube.com/c/theactionreport

marikian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all of your great videos. I own quite a few from Vimeo. Is there any way to get some of the ones not available on Vimeo?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Thanks for all of your great videos. I own quite a few from Vimeo. Is there any way to get some of the ones not available on Vimeo?

I have some of the stuff still on drives its just a matter of having the time to do anything with it. Hopefully at some point I'll get some of the more interesting stuff up.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tap tap tap....

So after some digging I found not only were all the videos set to private but the entire channel was hidden which I did not know you could do.

I found the channel setting buried in a menu and reset it to public.

Everything should be available now at : https://www.youtube.com/c/theactionreport

I want to second the fact that you were a tremendous asset to pool with the TAR effort!!

Hope all is well with however you have chosen to spend your talents.

td

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanx, Justin....TAR is a big part of our game.

7925EB3F-65FB-4046-A4BC-AE89867D630F.jpeg

Soooo....how ya shootin’?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for restoring the videos JCIN. We thought you went completely square:grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Where do I find the video of your interview with Al from South West? Tommy D.