Bad Deal with engineman76/William Crosby

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Both packages arrived on Monday although one was missing a cue(and that one was refused and handed right back to the postman...it never left his sight) and I have mine back. So I guess I am whole again just short the shipping and insurance funds.

Will this deter me from buying and selling on AZB ? No not at all. I have hundreds of trades and sales and over 125 repeat deals on here and have only had 2 experiences of it not working out and I had both of them resolved in the end.

Thanks all for the support and I look forward to hearing how this is going to end for Mr Crosby.

Good to hear you got your cue back, sir!! Me and COL Hannibal Smith love it when a plan comes together...

It does very much sound like CPO Crosby was trying to pull some shenanigans here, and knew exactly what he was doing with this deal. I gotta say I am a bit disappointed that a guy with these kind of ethical failings has made it so far in the armed services, but then again, I had lots of stuff stolen from me in the military, so no big surpise. I even had a $150 military-issue Goretex jacket stolen out of the wash cycle while I went back to my room for a minute. The person would have had to dump it in a garbage bag to keep it from dripping... and then RUN to thir room/car.

An interesting aside about that. I've done some thinking about how the military recruits, and for the most part, it IS the poor, rural or inner city type folks who have few other options in life that enlist in the military, and often bring with them a certain lack of life "focus", so many of them look at the military as a job where you get promoted automatically if you stay in long enough, and as a job you "can't get fired from", as long as you meet minimum standards.

I know I came from a low income background, and had a short time in the beginning where some ethical/moral problems were had, but I seem to have turned it around.. :thumbup::grin-square::thumbup:

Short Bus Russ

Last edited:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Good to hear you got your cue back, sir!! Me and COL Hannibal Smith love it when a plan comes together...

It does very much sound like CPO Crosby was trying to pull some shenanigans here, and knew exactly what he was doing with this deal. I gotta say I am a bit disappointed that a guy with these kind of ethical failings has made it so far in the armed services, but then again, I had lots of stuff stolen from me in the military, so no big surpise. I even had a $150 military-issue Goretex jacket stolen out of the wash cycle while I went back to my room for a minute. The person would have had to dump it in a garbage bag to keep it from dripping... and then RUN to thir room/car.

An interesting aside about that. I've done some thinking about how the military recruits, and for the most part, it IS the poor, rural or inner city type folks who have few other options in life that enlist in the military, and often bring with them a certain lack of life "focus", so many of them look at the military as a job where you get promoted automatically if you stay in long enough, and as a job you "can't get fired from", as long as you meet minimum standards.

I know I came from a low income background, and had a short time in the beginning where some ethical/moral problems were had, but I seem to have turned it around.. :thumbup::grin-square::thumbup:

Short Bus Russ

So says YOU, Mr. Pool Player!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

:rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
So says YOU, Mr. Pool Player!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

:rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1:

Lol.. I pretty much only gamble when asked... Though, I have surprised a few people who, since they knew I didn't gamble much, felt I wasn't capable of standing up to the pressure. I don't gamble, because much like the Europeans, I don't particularly feel the need to gamble in order to give my all. I play 100% full speed whether gambling, or against my wife.

iba7467 has an interesting story from DCC a few years ago about getting me to spot him the wild 6 if he played all his shots with the rake.... I took the bet just to see if I could figure out a way to beat him with that handicap, not to win any money... :grin: I figured I was the favorite over a B player giving up the 6 alone, let alone handicapping the other player by making them use the rake..

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a Soap Opera. I'm just glad that your cue is back with you where it belongs. Hopefuly, this clown will no longer be able to buy/sell or trade here ever again!

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
Awww shucks.... :grin-square:

That being said, let's cool it with the heat on him, everyone. You are not helping OP's situation at this particular point in time.

The deal has not been made right, yet. Give it a little time, wait for an update.

Short Bus Russ

We need more people like this, EVERYWHERE. Nicely done, well said on all of your posts.

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
I've done a few deals with nsafellow.....he couldn't be easier to deal with. Class act...everything I bought was always spot on...as advertised. You won't find a better seller in the "for sale" forums.

I have met nsafellow on several occasions and he is on the up up level. No issues, good dude.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow what a twist of events. Funny how the Jacoby went missing.

Question: Why did he send you his [empty tube] Jacoby again, in addition to your own cue. I was confused on that.

Edit: Wait, was this the FIRST time you received the Jacoby? I might have the timeline mixed up. I thought you had already received it last week, and refused delivery then. And now you refused delivery a second time on the Jacoby. Did you mean this was the first time you received the Jacoby, from the original trade deal before you knew the butt cap was damaged? And this was the first time you refused delivery on it? Thanks.

Last edited:

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow what a twist of events. Funny how the Jacoby went missing.

Question: Why did he send you his [empty tube] Jacoby again, in addition to your own cue. I was confused on that.

Edit: Wait, was this the FIRST time you received the Jacoby? I might have the timeline mixed up. I thought you had already received it last week, and refused delivery then. And now you refused delivery a second time on the Jacoby. Did you mean this was the first time you received the Jacoby, from the original trade deal before you knew the butt cap was damaged? And this was the first time you refused delivery on it? Thanks.

Yes you got it this is the first time i have received the Jacoby cue or the open tube it was supposed to be in......interesting how the Jacoby and the return arrived at the same time

engineman76

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It better not be missing. I got insurance on it and will definitely do my part. Do not play games with me idiot got it.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Yes you got it this is the first time i have received the Jacoby cue or the open tube it was supposed to be in......interesting how the Jacoby and the return arrived at the same time

Didn't he say at the end that he was going to get the J fixed and THEN did you still want to trade? If that was the case, why would he even be SENDING the J to you? Makes no sense at all. I'm probably confused.

engineman76

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok genius explain this

Ok it a person sends an empty case how can it weigh more than his cue.

Attachments

• 6456F964-8EEF-4FD1-9698-8D4EE72BA9DC.jpg
    6456F964-8EEF-4FD1-9698-8D4EE72BA9DC.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 432
  • EEAE9074-5C60-4C1D-9296-EBBE83BE3BCE.jpg
    EEAE9074-5C60-4C1D-9296-EBBE83BE3BCE.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 436