Bad Deal with engineman76/William Crosby

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't buy a cue THROUGH THE MAIL from anyone i didn't know WELL. You have huge events on the East and West Coast where there are literally thousands of cues right there for you to see.
There are also regular cue sellers in every decent pool room in the Country. Buy/trade in person!

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I wouldn't buy a cue THROUGH THE MAIL from anyone i didn't know WELL. You have huge events on the East and West Coast where there are literally thousands of cues right there for you to see.
There are also regular cue sellers in every decent pool room in the Country. Buy/trade in person!

I bought two Schons from someone on here when I was in Iraq, and never had any issues. That being said, I chose a seller I knew had a good reputation, so there is that.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought two Schons from someone on here when I was in Iraq, and never had any issues. That being said, I chose a seller I knew had a good reputation, so there is that.

You’re right, there are plenty of good ones on here. I recently bought a cue from someone I don’t know. The day after I paid he sent an email saying he had moved and can’t find the cue anymore, I was worried for a second before he showed me his receipt that he just ordered the same cue online to be sent directly to me. I’m sure it cost him, but some people’s reputation is important to them. The cue arrived yesterday and everything is well.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least this horror story has come to an end.
This looked so bad from the get go.
Glad things got handled.
That fella has a scarlet letter from here on out it appears.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I have bought cues on here from probably 5 or 6 different people. For the new, more expensive ones, I bought from people that I've seen selling on here for years with good iTrader ratings. I never had a problem with those deals.

I did see a used cue for sale on here that I almost bought. Then later, I saw it come up for sale at quite a bit lower price from the person who bought it the first time (I think 1k was the new price).

After I got it, it looked great, except for the fact that the shafts were a bit hard to screw onto the pin. I did some searching on the forums and sure enough, the guy that I bought it from had been asking people about this very thing with the cue before he sold it. I never even tried to send it back, even though he never mentioned this minor "issue" when he sold it.

I just put the cue away and never used it. Didn't seem worth the hassle. Although I did once buy a Richard Black cue for $2600. I returned that one because I didn't care for the workmanship of that particular cue. They took that cue back and refunded me with no troubles.

I hope that this situation works out for the OP.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Baton Rouge......Hmn, I have family living there.......you have to tolerate humidity to survive.

Anyway, the bottomline is the cue is supposedly in transit and should arrive next week. As long
as the cue gets returned and is in original condition, then a lesson has been learned by many
about swapping cues with a stranger.

As far as repercussions, forget about it......as long as the OP gets his cue back and is satisfied.
Otherwise, don the battle gear since this was a totally avoidable problem that needs rectifying.

In any event, just because you chat with someone on AZ does render the other person honest
nor trustworthy & when it comes to doing cue business with someone, you have to be careful.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there is a "bad action" list somewhere, that dude's name should be somewhere near the top.

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done a few deals with nsafellow.....he couldn't be easier to deal with. Class act...everything I bought was always spot on...as advertised. You won't find a better seller in the "for sale" forums.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
If there is a "bad action" list somewhere, that dude's name should be somewhere near the top.

There is. It's in the same thread as the Good Action list in The Action Room.

There is also a Buyer/Seller Transaction Report for good deals and bad deals in the main Wanted/For Sale forum.

Both are sticky up top.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I did a trade with Engineman76 my cue for his case. I was a day late
shipping the cue and he was a bit upset but I got it mailed and deal went
well after that. We were both happy. I live by, if you are not happy with my
deal just send it back for a refund.

14.1'er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see you rethought the situation, and did the right thing.

Jim,
Please let us know when the cue arrives, and is in the same condition as sent.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a trade with Engineman76 my cue for his case. I was a day late
shipping the cue and he was a bit upset but I got it mailed and deal went
well after that. We were both happy. I live by, if you are not happy with my
deal just send it back for a refund.

Your philosophy isn't his, obviously.

When was your transaction?

i say we vote him out of the Commonwealth.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could of been worse considering you were only one letter away from having something slipped into your drink and really getting shafted.