OMGWTF gets stiffed in money game...

neal916

What can brown do for you
Silver Member
JAM: I would love it you posted another thread and told us that other story!!!! Please!:D
This forum sure is cyclical, sometimes counter-cyclical. I don't even have to write posts sometimes. I can just do a copy-and-paste.

Here's a copy-and-paste of two veteran pool players who got air-barreled:

The three of us stepped into an elevator and in walks this cocky blond-haired kid named Pistol Pete. He looked right at Keith McCready and said, "You want to play some 9-ball?" Keith looks at him and says, "Well, sure. How do you want to play?" thinking he'd want a spot. The kid says, "I know exactly who you are, and I'll play your ass even for 100 bucks a game."

Well, Keith was, shall I say, on the shortskies for funds. Larry Lisciotti and I had some dough, and so we backed Keith 50/50. Keith wins the first game, and the kid immediately racks them. Larry says to me, "Did he get paid?" I said, "I don't know. I didn't see any money change hands." The second game, Keith wins it easy. The kid wastes no time and racks them again. This time, I said to Larry, "I don't see Keith getting paid." Larry walks over to Keith and asks him where's the cheese. Keith said the kid was going to pay him as soon as he got change. I'm thinking WTF. Change? It's $100 a game. Larry then instructed Keith to demand to be paid after the next game.

Keith again wins, and it was the third game. Pistol Pete walks over to his case on the rail, packs it up, and scurries out of the ballroom like a snake making a quick get-away. Well, Larry and me jump up and run after him, with Keith in the rears.

Outside in the lobby, a heated colloquy ensued. Pistol Pete says he ain't got no money and there ain't nothing any of us can do about it. I thought Larry was going to kill him. I was giving him a verbal lashing. However, Keith was calm as a cucumber. He listened to Pistol Pete intently, while me and Larry were hammering away at him with our anger. Keith then said to him, "Look, Kid, you shouldn't do that to people. It's okay. You can leave, but don't ever do that again to anybody, you hear?"

I was in disbelief, as was Larry. I didn't understand Keith's reaction then, but I do today. It is Keith's interpretation of that kid's air barrel that is the real meat of this story. Anybody else would have tarred and feathered the kid, but Keith only saw a young'n who wanted to play a good player for the thrill of it at all costs, even if it meant an air barrel.

Oh, BTW, we did run into Pistol Pete several months later in Baltimore. We walked into Bill and Billie's, and he was gambling with Danny Green, a local pool great, on the front table. You should have seen his eyes when he saw me and Keith walk in! What happened then, though, is a story for another thread!

Moral of the story, air barrels happen to the best of players. :D

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
You are SO mature! Maybe one day you will make a post worth reading.

Please PM if mlalum ever posts one post worth reading. I really would like to see it. Unfortunately, his past history indicates a post worth reading, isn't likely to come any time soon.

Mlalum simply prefers to instigate and make ad hominem attacks on posters. That's what many others have said and I am becoming a believer as well.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to learn of this.....I can't understand what she hopes to accomplish by skipping out in this manner; I mean, is she gonna disappear from the pool scene permanently? I guess that's her only option.....surely she doesn't think something like this will just "blow over".........my guess it that she won't show her face around pool halls for a long long time........unless she comes back and pays OMG the money...but how likely is that?

Sorry, but that is not how pool works. This girl will continue to hang out wherever she normally does, continue to gamble with people, etc. There is no penalty for stiffing, in fact, she will probably be a hero at her normal hangouts.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but that is not how pool works. This girl will continue to hang out wherever she normally does, continue to gamble with people, etc. There is no penalty for stiffing, in fact, she will probably be a hero at her normal hangouts.

Very true but she knows what she did and will be riddled with guilt.

Guilt that she is out the cost of getting to and from the SoCal HT, 3 days in a hotel, restaurant meals, rental car to get to and from the HT and to make her get away.....oh yeah and the loss of cheap cues and case - which were sold to cover the $30.00 table time.:wink::thumbup:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the otherhand, OMGWTF has a new intriguing story to tell in her creative manner rather than the mild ones of late.:thumbup:

OMGWTF is out the cost of bus fare to and from the HT and her time.:wink::thumbup:

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
On the otherhand, OMGWTF has a new intriguing story to tell in her creative manner rather than the mild ones of late.:thumbup:

OMGWTF is out the cost of bus fare to and from the HT and her time.:wink::thumbup:

and $2000.

mlalum

Banned
A while back I went through his posts. I gave up after a couple hundred worthless ones. ;)

Wow. that is awesome Neil. Honored, really. And thanks again Joey. Now go get cookie monster and we start another intelligent CTE debate.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Mlalum simply prefers to instigate and make ad hominem attacks on posters. That's what many others have said and I am becoming a believer as well.

It is, indeed, an AzBilliards political thing, Joey. Peope align themselves on this forum with those who benefit them with cheesenips. I picked up on something Watchez wrote last year on this forum, and it rings true today, as evidenced by this thread.

Some people need attention, even at the cost of being a bully. These members usually have extremely short digits and feel the need to compensate by writing vile words on a pool forum about others. They enjoy this kind of limelight, sad to say. :(

Healthy people don't hurt people. Hurt people hurt people. We should actually pray that posters like this find true happiness in their life. They need our prayers and good wishes. :)

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
How can Rita say that Neil iz a know it all, thinks he plays better than he does N iz a whiner??

Neil has lots of AZ `REP`:embarrassed2::confused::sorry:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1

Can't you atleast finish your book, JAM?

Roy, thanks for the vote of confidence. :) Actually, the book is done, for all intents and puropses, aside from a few edits for clarity. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to punctuation and content flow. :p

For some people, writing may come naturally, but for me, I can edit a page for three days and still not be satisfied. :embarrassed2:

One thing for sure, Keith's book will be spell-checked and have all the correct puncutation, which should complement the good read. He's the Stu Ungar of the pool world, but fortunately, he lives today to tell his story. :)

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Are you sure John didn't accuse Mike of stalking him?

Just because someone accuses him does not make it so. John called Mike AT HIS HOUSE and sent him crazy pms. Mike might have been a pain in his butt, but he NEVER stalked John.

I know the facts.

And, this is not the first time we heard this about John. Someone else said he looked up their work number and John was calling them AT WORK! And not to make friendly talk, either.

I wont say anymore about this because no one is listening. I wont answers Neil's "you should reread the threads" either. Again, I know the facts.

Now, can someone put this thread back on track? lmao.