Jackpot Cues

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I kind of like where this thread is going. In my case I have two Bob Frey sneakies. So should I claim that they are TS sneakies? After all they are made by the same exact person.

On another note, because of this Jackpot stuff, I have a hankering for a merry widow style cue. For around the same amount there's the Samsara Barcue. Good rep and I think I know the providence.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I may, I'd like to offer that there are guys like me who fall into a 3rd category:

They are the ones who are particular and know what they like / don't like and prefer to make their own decisions about what equipment they get. For the guys who like the 'surprise effect' of buying sight unseen I say more power to them but that's never gonna be me.

I do like to gamble though, on football and pool, that sort of thing. But not on what cue might arrive in the mail. I don't like the idea that someone other than me would be deciding what I play with. But, again, to each their own.

And now more to the topic at hand, the "Jackpot" cues. If Dean had someone other than Jack Potter make those cues that he was inundating us with in his ads on both the Main and For Sale forums then that, imo, goes way beyond his usual PT Barnum sales style and falls squarely in the middle of deceptive sales.

So, has it been determined yet who made the "Jackpot" cues?

best,
brian kc

Well spoken, I repeated your words for one reason, I told Dean to step up to the Gold membership and he never did.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I kind of like where this thread is going. In my case I have two Bob Frey sneakies. So should I claim that they are TS sneakies? After all they are made by the same exact person.
No, they’re Frey SP’s. Different equipment and methods.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you posted the post below, and I bought a cue, then I read what you wrote above, you would lose my trust. Jack designed the cues and somebody else made them but you stated the he made them. You didn't say he designed or commissioned or consulted on them. You said he made them.

You refuse to disclose the builder. Under these circumstances, I honestly don't know why anybody would buy any cue from you.

You need to tell those cue owners who built them. They have 500 good reasons to know. I don't want to get on your case and generally I think you're honest, but you are a salesman and you have deceived your customers. Don't compound that by deceiving yourself or blame this sort of stuff on old age. It doesn't matter if they're happy with the cues and it doesn't matter if you'll refund them - it doesn't change the fact that you did not disclose the true builder of the cues and you should.

Gold membership

GOLD DEANO.

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
By all accounts from those whove touched them, they seem to have been found a worthy value.

The only question I have is, if I had ordered a Jackpot cue, received it, saw what it looked like, played with it and didn't like the way it looked and/or hit.....would the return shipping been paid for by Deanoc?

If so, the I don't see a problem with giving one a trial run, regardless of who actually "spun the wood". I look for a cue that plays good. Nothing else matters. I am not a cue collector/seller of cues. I just want to invest into what plays well in MY hands.

If Deanoc doesn't offer to pay for the return shipping, then I personally am not taking a chance on an unseen, unplayed (by me) cue that would cost me money out of my pocket to return.

Just the way I roll. YMMV

Maniac

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I will preface this by saying that a few good people here have vouched for Dean. They have dealt with him and they are happy. They believe Dean wants to make people happy and is sales goal oriented, not money motivated.

That being said, Dean you actually think you're a good salesman? You are far from a good salesman. Your tacky hype is so transparent as to insult the intelligence of many buyers. Your sales technique is straight 1950's used car salesman. Just open your eyes! Today's world demands transparency. There are so many cons out there, we are now programmed to be skeptical, to read reviews, to look for transparency. We reward honesty and punish deception.

This time you've crossed the line. I know you won't disclose who REALLY made the cues only because it's not in your nature. But it's not Jack Potter.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only question I have is, if I had ordered a Jackpot cue, received it, saw what it looked like, played with it and didn't like the way it looked and/or hit.....would the return shipping been paid for by Deanoc?

If so, the I don't see a problem with giving one a trial run, regardless of who actually "spun the wood". I look for a cue that plays good. Nothing else matters. I am not a cue collector/seller of cues. I just want to invest into what plays well in MY hands.

If Deanoc doesn't offer to pay for the return shipping, then I personally am not taking a chance on an unseen, unplayed (by me) cue that would cost me money out of my pocket to return.

Maniac

Just curious.

Do you know of ANYONE (person or business) that will sell you a cue online and let you try it out and then return it without paying the shipping costs, one way or both?

I'd like to try some cues.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If the quality of the cue is all that matters are some of you suggesting that you'd buy a high dollar Balabuska that couldn't be authenticated?

Sent from the future.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Just curious.

Do you know of ANYONE (person or business) that will sell you a cue online and let you try it out and then return it without paying the shipping costs, one way or both?

I'd like to try some cues.

I'm pretty sure Ozone Billiards may have this policy. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maniac

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
这里的雾很浓,很臭
That's pronounced Zhèlǐ de wù hěn nóng, hěn chòu.

Ha Ha "the fog here is indeed thick and smelly", excellent saying.

Attachments

• chinese.jpg
    chinese.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 369

JC

Coos Cues
EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT

NEWS LOGICAL SAYS HE DOESN"T KNOW

it didn't stop him from writing about it

How would this play out in court
witness says he doesn't know if a crime has been commited

the judge says "then why are you here"

witness says "i just wanted to create suspicion and hurt someone if I could

Shrinks his shoulders"you know just kindaslander a guy without ever sayin nuthin"

Thank you for the summation of the last three years Mr. President

JC

Coos Cues

Maniac

I guess the question then would be how good do you play?

Only then will your criteria for what you look for in a cue be in perspective. Or relevant for that matter.

As far as being worried about the shipping costs? See "nit" for clarification.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

Freddie, I just read that long response from Dean and tbh, nothing much seemed to be determined to me. He says *generous people who wish to remain anonymous* made the Jackpot cues. I read that as more sidestepping.

Dean also claimed that he said that Jack would be receiving help on these cues in his early sales ads, I don't recall any of that but I did read a number of times him saying that "Jack was making" the cues, an easy search will show those. There was even a thread he started on the Cue & Case gallery where he was run-off for placing a sales ad on the wrong forum and of all places (The Cue Gallery), he did so posting no pics.

Dean added in that thread "I hope to get Jack to post some pictures of himself and his latest cues" He must have forgot to mention that Jack would have to wait to receive those cues from whomever made them in order to take any such pictures. :rolleyes:

I know how all of this strikes me; everyone has to make their own determinations. I'm not loving what he's done here.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
SPAM OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER EVERY DAY.

Get a real job or buy the Gold deano.

I can see why so many left the forums. I like it here but it seems to have become the weird Deano Show. Not good for the forums and I agree with you that him not paying for the Gold is ridiculous.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
value notwithstanding, do you think stating in sales ads that Jack would be making "a batch" of Jackpot cues and omitting who was actually making them was good business practice?

I think 'making' can mean a lot of things and that's why there was no further disclosure about by whom the work was done.

Last edited: