Coronavirus and BCA Pool League World Championships

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Getting sick or a fatal illness from playing pool ... No pun intended but avoid it like the plague. I catch a cold a few times year from playing pool..handling cue balls guys with colds have been touching. Screw getting sick. Live to play some other time.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Man...!
A good time to make the most of it,
for those, the brave, the front office.

Will everybody that showed get this shirt,
and those that showed who didn't play be able to buy one?
It just fits so well...

got the bug.png

Most appropriate u understand, the fox doc said once you get it, you're done,
You're not likely to get it again,
If you're going to get it where would of you'v like to of gotten it?

Scrunge19

Registered
That bca logo (and the usapl one) is so bad. Just slap the beats logo on a 10 ball and tweak it a bit so it looks like an a. No wonder pool isn’t taken seriously.

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://medium.com/@cdmj/a-colorado-covid-19-story-61466a56811

Also, Italian Medical chief just died after getting the virus, I believe another high profile health professional was infected in England.

More Edits:
Rudy Gobert an NBA players has tested positive for the corona virus, NBA suspended all games until further notice.

Tom Hanks and his wife tested positive as well, they are in Australia.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been watching the 10 ball event in Vegas and I notice that they’re all doing the coronavirus fist bump - no handshakes. I haven’t seen any elbow taps though.

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How’s BCA in Vegas right now? Is it way slower than last year or completely dead? Can’t decide if I should cancel my airbnb.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would say things are looking glum for the U.S. Open. No word from Matchroom yet.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I would say things are looking glum for the U.S. Open. No word from Matchroom yet.

Almost guarantee it will be canceled for spectators. Most groups are focusing on March with making a call for April events in a week or two.

I just had my first group cancel today 90 plus rooms per night, about 600 room nights in Maui leaving next week, no confirmed cases on Maui.

Las Vegas is not immune. We are going to see unprecedented layoffs and bankruptcies, particularly in the travel industry. Even the major hoteliers may have a hard time surviving if this lasts six months. Some events are rescheduling but it's hard to guess when all will be clear.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know if this YouTube channel has been mentioned before, but I think this is a good source of news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzXQ6Bu9JVI

Also, the daily situation reports from the WHO are here:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/

The latter includes the official list of cases by country including new cases in the last 24 hours for every country reporting. Rather amazingly, Russia has reported no new cases for four days and a total of seven cases.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.matchroompool.com/world-pool-masters/
happening march 26-29 in gibraltar (british territory off the southern tip of spain)...

Breaking News about World Pool Masters (WPM), March 26-29. A limit of 100 fans will be allowed to attend WPM, running simultaneously with the World Snooker Championship (BetVictor Gibraltar Open).

WST Chairman Barry Hearn said: “Every sport and every business is closely monitoring the effects of the spread of coronavirus and listening to government advice. Of course, the health of our players, staff, and fans is paramount, and we will take every sensible precaution. I have had discussions with the Minister of Sport in Gibraltar. We have no doubt that this week’s event should go ahead, with a limit of 100 fans.

“It is a fantastic event for the television audience around the world, while the players always enjoy the trip to Gibraltar, and there is very significant prize money on offer.

“In the coming weeks we will continue to observe the situation in regard to all of our events, listen to government advice, and make appropriate decisions taking all factors into account.”

The same limit of 100 fans will apply to the World Pool Masters event to run at the same venue from March 26-29.

markusca

Registered
Anybody actually at Rio right now? Is it dead?

According to the grids there were a lot of forfeits. But its early. Playing 8 and 9 ball singles and running would be the safest way to attend. At least you are only sharing germs with less then 1000 people this early.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
What about the US Open 9 ball event? Ugh....what happens if there is no cure? Do we stop living and just start ''life-ing'' and only hang out with dogs and cats and birds and lizards and ducks and turtles and Elk....when they're not in rut :). The media tries to make it..... like we're ALL gonna die. Me, when I get sick, I deal with it. If I die, I no longer have to deal with it. Don't know of anyone who's living.... that's getting out alive. :)

Enjoy living, it's the only time you can.