Loss of a billiards friend.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Sherman

I know he had his issues with this site, but Fast Larry Gunniger passed away earlier this week. His wife died a day earlier in a tragic traffic accident.

Here's the link:
http://www.poolchat.net/forums/index.php?/topic/10321-r-i-p-fast-larry-and-wife-sarah/

I hope people can forgive whatever woes he may have caused here.

Hi Sherman
I am sorry for your loss and the way it took place, I didn't know Larry and there are no words I can say to change anything........

This a really good time to think why you cared for this person so much.

15 years ago I was engaged to a very beautiful lady, she had a smile that made everyone just love her.
She was killed 2 weeks before the wedding in a car accident.
The emptiness was terrible for me,. the loss was nothing less then gut wrenching.
I rather live with the loss then to of never loved her at all.

Once again I am very sorry for your Loss, and you must ask yourself how would Larry want you to react to his passing away.

Me, Shoot pool all night long have a great time and remember the good times we had and enjoy the life you have without stepping on people toes needlessly.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know he had his issues with this site, but Fast Larry Gunniger passed away earlier this week. His wife died a day earlier in a tragic traffic accident.

Here's the link:
http://www.poolchat.net/forums/index.php?/topic/10321-r-i-p-fast-larry-and-wife-sarah/

I hope people can forgive whatever woes he may have caused here.

I can forgive many things but FL was a racist homophobe that single-handedly killed a *great* pool discussion group, RSB.

You couldn't stop him or filter him because he had an endless string of aliases -- usually homophobic, or racially oriented towards people of Asian or Italian descent in name. There were, literally, dozens of Fast Larrys to deal with every day that you logged on, so that it got to the point that the group, a great fore-runner of AZ, eventually died off. There was no way to avoid him. You think some of the guys here are bad -- FL could give them the 5 and Out when to came to being the penultimate troll and lout.

It didn't stop there. There was virtually no one he wouldn't slander. He hated everyone. No one knew more than he did about pool and he would post endless steams of vileness to justify his greatness.

RIP, Larry.

Lou Figueroa

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I agree with Lou. Its unfortunate that someone with Larry's billiard enthusiasm, did not have the knowledge to properly channel it. Reminds me of another oft banned poster. Being able to walk away and ignore the worst in people, is probably the best knowledge I have picked up in the last 2 years.

I hope Larry finds peace wherever he ends up...

JV

I can forgive many things but FL was a racist homophobe that single-handedly killed a *great* pool discussion group, RSB.

You couldn't stop him or filter him because he had an endless string of aliases -- usually homophobic, or racially oriented towards people of Asian or Italian descent in name. There were, literally, dozens of Fast Larrys to deal with every day that you logged on, so that it got to the point that the group, a great fore-runner of AZ, eventually died off. There was no way to avoid him. You think some of the guys here are bad -- FL could give them the 5 and Out when to came to being the penultimate troll and lout.

It didn't stop there. There was virtually no one he wouldn't slander. He hated everyone. No one knew more than he did about pool and he would post endless steams of vileness to justify his greatness.

RIP, Larry.

Lou Figueroa

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to hear this news.
I do know about Larry, but I will admit he had a great appreciation for the history of pool and a genuine fondness for the old masters.

RIP

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for your loss. May Larry and his wife be reunited in there next life! God bless!

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of us have good traits as well as some traits that we may not be proud of. We're all imperfect.

I'm sorry to hear about anyone passing. Losing his wife in an accident the day before is especially tragic.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I do not know his history here... just sad that he passed away.
I'm sorry brought up a sore point.

This is a pool forum and Larry was a pool player. You did the right thing letting us know.
I too had many problems with Larry but would not wish this on anyone.

RIP.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

RIP, Larry.

Lou Figueroa

You're correct Lou. The first time I saw his postings, I thought he was trying to be funny. He was not. Then after more posts, I realized he was actually serious. I actually feel sorry for the guy because it seemed like he hated the entire world AND everyone in it. Maybe, just maybe, death is the sweet release he needed, and he can finally find peace.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
RIP Fast Larry Gunniger

About ten years ago he gave a masse lesson to a troubled kid here in Denver.
Larry made a good impression on the kid, I remember Ernie Martinez made the kid a nice little masse cue.
I always wondered how he had the time to type all of those long posts, and still do his exhibitions around the country.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Larry

Hate to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers to the family. I never followed the forum when he was on it but have read some of his posts at other places. I always wanted to try one of his Juiced shafts to see if the hype was real.

RIP Fast Larry and Sarah...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sad news.

Larry, disrespectful of the AZB membership to the last drop, was a drain on this forum. Nonetheless, his enthusiasm for our game was genuine and he was a meaningful member of the pool community who, at times, made others more excited about pool. He was always knowledgeable about and respectful of the game, and, at times, offered meaningful, insightful posts.

Condolences to you, Sherman, and all who knew him. He's gone but not forgotten.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say what you will about anyone......celebrate or trash their memory if you so choose.....but no one should needlessly die in a accident........the loss of anyone though a random act.....fate if you will.......even if that person contributed to their accidental demise.....is just a tragedy.........and I am sorry for Larry's family & friends.

Matt B.

p,s, And my dad told me this when I was still very young...... "If you can't say anything nice about the dearly departed, then just say a prayer instead......as much for your soul as theirs because in time you and I both have to walk down that same road to heaven.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Say what you will about anyone......celebrate or trash their memory if you so choose.....but no one should needlessly die in a accident........the loss of anyone though a random act.....fate if you will.......even if that person contributed to their accidental demise.....is just a tragedy.........and I am sorry for Larry's family & friends.

Matt B.

p,s, And my dad told me this when I was still very young...... "If you can't say anything nice about the dearly departed, then just say a prayer instead......as much for your soul as theirs because in time you and I both have to walk down that same road to heaven.

Sounds like your father was a wise man. However it may be difficult to understand this situation without having been part of RSB a few decades back. It was very ugly for a long time.

Dave

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have anything new to say. I also witnessed his forum persona and it wasn't pretty.

It is still a hugely sad story and I wish the best for his family.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Certain people --- they know who they are --- liked to bait Larry. It was easy to send him off the deep end into tirades spewing endless sentences laced with profanity. This apparently pleased them. Unfortunately I was on the receiving end of one of his tirades as he once thought someone who was baiting him was me.

Now thanks to that horrible person who baited him, that particular vulgar dialogue is out there in perpetuity with Larry spewing the most disgusting comments any man could make about a woman, directed at me.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Certain people --- they know who they are --- liked to bait Larry. It was easy to send him off the deep end into tirades spewing endless sentences laced with profanity. This apparently pleased them. Unfortunately I was on the receiving end of one of his tirades as he once thought someone who was baiting him was me.

Now thanks to that horrible person who baited him, that particular vulgar dialogue is out there in perpetuity with Larry spewing the most disgusting comments any man could make about a woman, directed at me.

Yeah, it was the baiter's fault that Larry spewed "the most disgusting comments any man could make about a woman". Wake up.