The most I ever spent on a cue...description only...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
swirly plastic, very unusual design, 1962ish, rings, boxes, veneers in addition to those in the points, brown bumper, never refinished, superb original condition...

4 shafts...

breathtaking..

from the greatest ever.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Spent 500
New
Local cuemaker
Coco and curly maple
Heavy hitter 21 ouncer
Attention getter 186 inlays
Not ever for sale

Last edited:

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Tiger sneaky $500 best cue that i hit with. That's CAD also installed leather wrap.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
swirly plastic, very unusual design, 1962ish, rings, boxes, veneers in addition to those in the points, brown bumper, never refinished, superb original condition...

4 shafts...

breathtaking..

from the greatest ever.

Love it.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used custom....sold it

Curly maple forearm and butt.
8 ebony points...4 up and 4 down ...ending in spears with ivory inlays inside the spears.
Between the ebony points are 8 ivory inlays ending in points with ebony...maple and red veneers
Silver stitch rings at all locations.
Black linen wrap

Oh yea....forgot ...diamond shaped mother of pearl inlays inside of the ivory Inlays

Very cool! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New, ebony and ivory form custom cue maker. I had the design in my head, we drew it out on paper, and he made it happen. Ivory points on forearm and butt, ivory joint. Ivory stitch rings at joint, and both sides of the leather wrap. 1 of 1 made in 2005 and it's the only cue I own now.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some guy from Pennsyvania

Used

4 point, 4 veneer hoppe cue.

57" long with a steel joint.

Ken

Last edited:

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Led Zeppelin Tribute Cue (yeah, weird, I know...)

Commissioned from HOF Cuemaker
  • Collar: Ivory
  • Ring: Ebony with inlaid Silver
  • Forearm: Birdseye Maple; stained orange/brown (last of stain made 35 years earlier)
  • Points: Main Ivory inlay; Ebony; Ivory Inlay; Ebony; Ivory Inlay; Ebony; Scrimshaw symbols from Led Zep IV into Main Ivory Inlays of four points
  • Ring: Ivory-Ebony-Ivory
  • Wrap: Custom Leather
  • Butt Sleeve: Solid Ivory; Ebony rings quarter inch from top and bottom; Scrimshaw symbols from Led Zep IV centered and spaced around Butt Sleeve
  • Bumper: Can't remember; nothing special but could be Ebony

Hey, Hey, Mama ...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Led Zeppelin Tribute Cue (yeah, weird, I know...)

Commissioned from HOF Cuemaker
  • Collar: Ivory
  • Ring: Ebony with inlaid Silver
  • Forearm: Birdseye Maple; stained orange/brown (last of stain made 35 years earlier)
  • Points: Main Ivory inlay; Ebony; Ivory Inlay; Ebony; Ivory Inlay; Ebony; Scrimshaw symbols from Led Zep IV into Main Ivory Inlays of four points
  • Ring: Ivory-Ebony-Ivory
  • Wrap: Custom Leather
  • Butt Sleeve: Solid Ivory; Ebony rings quarter inch from top and bottom; Scrimshaw symbols from Led Zep IV centered and spaced around Butt Sleeve
  • Bumper: Can't remember; nothing special but could be Ebony

Hey, Hey, Mama ...

Awesome!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$15000 plus
Barry Szamboti
bought it new

possibly paid as much for south west

Yay Dean!

Thanks for participating.

We know you don't do pictures...and even descriptions.

But we know your cues are amazing...especially this one. :thumbup::thumbup:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
New from respected cue maker. Hell, I'll give a plug...Keith Josey.

Not his Goth style, more in Titlist style...4 even needle sharp points, veneers.
Linen wrap..black with white specs.
Ebony points into birds eye maple. Ebony butt.
two maple shafts..I've played with a few tips..currently Kamui brown medium clear.
Radial joint..wood to wood.
no ivory..now glad of that.
Bought in 2007...have given it a couple of regretted battle scars, but not bad enough to want to have refinished.

Firm hit. Great feedback. Hope to be playing with it for years to come.

Attachments

• DSCN0232.jpg
    DSCN0232.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN0230.jpg
    DSCN0230.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCN0234.jpg
    DSCN0234.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 215

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought a Balabuska once and nothing else has come close to what I paid for it. Second was a Gus Szamboti.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It won the finals of the Million Dollar Challenge tournament where Earl Strickland ran the 11 racks in a row to win $1,000,000 and I didn't pay a million for it.

Production cue made by one of the tournament sponsors.

Used only for this tournament then retired.

Old: 1996

Still in original condition with the same tip.

Bought from winner of the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYhtmTdza4

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's great to hear all the big names guys. :smile:

But the request was for descriptions.

Of course, you can post whatever you like, but I was curious about the descriptions.

Aside from a name or a big price tag...what turned your crank or caught your eye. What was it you wanted so bad? Obviously, some of the biggest masters will come up in such a discussion, but I am curious how you would describe it without the price or the name.

As an example, I started with mine:

The most I ever spent was on a cue that could be described as:

Used
Ebony Titlist Conversion
Old (1969)
Known Maker
From a Dealer

I have many cues, but I am a bargain hunter. My most valuable cues are only worth a couple thousand or a little more. The cue I described is one I bought in the pursuit of a collection of a set of specific cues. Being that it is an ebony Titlist from a known maker, I think I got it at a good price, even though I got it from a dealer. Believe it or not it is the only cue I ever bought from a dealer. The way I see it any ebony titlist conversion was worth what I paid.

It is a special cue to me, and yes I do play it occasionally. All my cues get played. Before about three years ago I had never spent more than $200 on a cue...but they were all bargains.

Does the one I paid the most for shoot like a dream? Nope. But it shoots well. My Joss honestly slaughters it as a player. But that was not the point of the purchase. I can screw one of my better shafts on that cue and it does shoot like a dream anyway.

It was a friend I made here on AZB that woke me up and made me look harder at what I bought. He hooked me up in a trade for my first Palmer and there is no going back now.

What do I mean by that?

It's like fine wine. Forget the label. Forget the price.

Describe it. How does it taste? Why do you like it? Why did you want it? What was the attraction?

Obviously, I can't argue with simply dropping a name. You got a Gus? A Bushka? A SW? A Barry? A Boar, Etc?

OK, yeah, I get it. It's a fine cue for sure, no doubt. Tell me about it. :smile:

The cue in my description is a Gandy HC-140 Ebony Titlist made by Ricco Cervantes circa 1969. It is the cue on the right in this picture. All three of the other cues are worth more than it, but I paid much less for those.

VmZ-Tt2LpzfnqKz5uDsDLtFNMkdOCms5YjBCIyq7toac9mM50HTPRi1NomDG-K7ESOhlxxiSQeJVH1_zYhCgSQP8_XQmrhmFKxza1q0_Du6u1z6ZSGEV_8Jbicc7onKI3vW9-yzL0QOsPKLTjC2gaTPtChjsIgcwca4IRMe_POsOARoW92tu7DOW6iV_Vsy_KMqZcv3Bu7I1tBa5mzoM33HNq6hxWS_gCeD1ygpj6SCmPn8kQKKW0kPQyQ2n9KjZf9Eacq6ikF3VMrSzFHIAY9TziDobOk9tFySmisYvdfQEQiXUYWpTqudcdsKDqG3tZLV6RF09djU8hGzaLHzTSD2freimRyrop0tts9koy3W-CC9cFdArFoPGHb-A0qg0ewPKxOkzqrYlr7wIlu7TBlMlMOVL2FfaB-D5G6l-MyG7qN5FIn1go6WP45kyGBTKDCCO2eysyIHX4MSPXVzWcejrGWIp-0iH1peepeMD-NBIrqaesrnWvfre1gwhH5uzGPQ4Bwpi9ODAphzlKh9ICFsGOmRii5iD9W-A0rYyMd_nzcd57r_gtz3uyMLr9O4zGlqH63w7aoc4ejTQMBmvuXR96tX3fLOBoNgyCllAxD8ZyoKB8DBXXo8HtraJNL-4l3DDDChqqNVECbLKR2Qr6wp_MiMz2n5p=w731-h974-no

Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, lets give it a go.

Used custom
Big time east coast maker
Lots of ivory
Paid almost double compared to any other cue Ive ever bought
Hit like a dog
Played like shit
Couldnt fooking stand it