Heads up!

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:
Be advised, I am strongly considering giving warnings when NPR stuff is posted in the main forum.

There is an NPR forum and you are expected to keep the non-pool stuff there.

Enough is enough.

I am tired of fielding complaints for this.

You do understand that a very small percentage of AZ'ers ever use the NPR forum? There are things that may not be specifically pool related but the person may want an AZ'ers perspective on it without having the NPR crowd turn there thread into a political debate. And if you post a thread in the NPR you might get 10 views by the end of the week.

I personally don't like the idea of AZ being turned into a police state.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:
You do understand that a very small percentage of AZ'ers ever use the NPR forum? There are things that may not be specifically pool related but the person may want an AZ'ers perspective on it without having the NPR crowd turn there thread into a political debate. And if you post a thread in the NPR you might get 10 views by the end of the week.

People are posting youtubes of music, pics of their motorcycles... I mean, where does it end? No, I agree with Mr. Wilson. It's out of control. This is a pool forum. It's nice that many of us have so many friends and we like to discuss things that are not pool-related but that gives every other member a green light to post anything. If you want to post how you're doing in a poker tournament, go to a poker forum. If you want to brag about your bike, go to the bike forum. There are thousands of other members that come here to talk about pool and they shouldn't have to sift through that.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:
People are posting youtubes of music, pics of their motorcycles... I mean, where does it end? No, I agree with Mr. Wilson. It's out of control. This is a pool forum. It's nice that many of us have so many friends and we like to discuss things that are not pool-related but that gives every other member a green light to post anything. If you want to post how you're doing in a poker tournament, go to a poker forum. If you want to brag about your bike, go to the bike forum. There are thousands of other members that come here to talk about pool and they shouldn't have to sift through that.

lol, because not clicking on a thread that you dont want to read requires way to much effort. I guess I should have posted my lottery share in the NPR section too since it isnt technically pool related, but you were quick to post in it. If it were there then about 20 people that I dont even interact with would share the winnings.

Last edited:

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:

Wow, that came out of left field...

Not! :D

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:
lol, because not clicking on a thread that you dont want to read requires way to much effort. I guess I should have posted my lottery share in the NPR section too since it isnt technically pool related, but you were quick to post in it. If it were there then about 20 people that I dont even interact with would share the winnings.

Hypocrite.jpg

Just kidding, Jude... haha

9BallPaul

Banned
Npr

Mr. Wilson makes a valid point. And I say that as an inveterate NPR poster. Mostly I do it because I enjoy the political debates. One dude on that board, LWW, seemingly lives there. Don't know if I've ever seen him post in the main pool board. Naturally, he's a Bush enabler.

Stewscue

Azbilliardacademy
Silver Member
Sounds Great!!

Mr. Wilson said:
Be advised, I am strongly considering giving warnings when NPR stuff is posted in the main forum.

There is an NPR forum and you are expected to keep the non-pool stuff there.

Enough is enough.

I am tired of fielding complaints for this.
Mr Wilson when are you going to ban half naked women for avatars?
I have a 8 old boy that I do not let him surf on AZ billiards because the avatars have got out of hand
Thanks

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stewscue said:
Mr Wilson when are you going to ban half naked women for avatars?
I have a 8 old boy that I do not let him surf on AZ billiards because the avatars have got out of hand
Thanks

Turn them off.

Kelly

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:

I had no problem with your thread so what's your point? There are plenty of mislabeled threads lately in the main forum that aren't pool related. What do you do then?

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Sorry to see I caused so much sh*t.....:confused: It wasn't my intention to contribute to the heartache and grief in AZBville.

D<-- Wonderin' why the funny pic/GIF thread didn't get demoted to NPR like the rest of the stepchildren.

Last edited:

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
9BallPaul said:
Mr. Wilson makes a valid point. And I say that as an inveterate NPR poster. Mostly I do it because I enjoy the political debates. One dude on that board, LWW, seemingly lives there. Don't know if I've ever seen him post in the main pool board. Naturally, he's a Bush enabler.

Good on you Mr Wilson. Things are out of hand. Only 8 posts and the flames start flying...:rolleyes:

Banger

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:
I had no problem with your thread so what's your point? There are plenty of mislabeled threads lately in the main forum that aren't pool related. What do you do then?

then you complain that the thread in question is mislabled which I agree should not be permitted. If someone starts a thread titled "bottom left go 3 rails" and then you open it and its a bunch of youtube videos of barely legal teens crawling on the floor then I don't think that is right.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:

Yes, the reason NPR is not viewed much is because people generally don't want to read about NPR stuff on a PR site. The value of the Main Forum is to talk about pool. If you want other stuff, there are other great sites for that -- FARK.com, for example.

By allowing NPR content in the Main Forum, we dilute the richness of the content there, making it increasingly like any dime-a-dozen generic community site.

Keeping the Main Forum opening threads limited to pool topics only is what makes this forum so worthwhile.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
tonmo said:
Yes, the reason NPR is not viewed much is because people generally don't want to read about NPR stuff on a PR site. The value of the Main Forum is to talk about pool. If you want other stuff, there are other great sites for that -- FARK.com, for example.

By allowing NPR content in the Main Forum, we dilute the richness of the content there, making it increasingly like any dime-a-dozen generic community site.

Keeping the Main Forum opening threads limited to pool topics only is what makes this forum so worthwhile.
TAP TAP! Well said.:) This is a pool forum. Let's keep it that way.;)

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:

I saw this thread almost by accident, but when I read this post by my pal Deadpoked, I have to say that the first paragraph makes total sense & I agree with it 100%.

As for his follow-up sentence....Now I know what the cavemen feel like on the Geico commercials! :eek: :D

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:

And that is a very well stated post that is oh so true. I know many of the pool forum posters but only a small % of the NPR crowd unless they're cross-overs from the pool side.

Tonmo makes some great points in his post. I can see where he and Mr Wilson have concerns. Too many of the non-pool stuff will clutter up the pool forum. But personally speaking, I agree with corvette here...I just don't click on the threads that don't interest me.

Bottom line, we'll all abide by whatever rules there are here. This is still the greatest site on the whole internet. And I'm very happy here no matter what. :)

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Jude Rosenstock said:

I have to agree with Jude on this... I'm tired of having to weed through a bunch of crap in the main forum to find something that actually involves pool. There are way too many poster on this forum that feel their incredible wit, sense of humor, or preference for women is so profound that it warrants its own thread wether it pertains to pool or not. If these threads were actually posted in the NPR section where they belong then the NPR section would get more hits. They just don't get many people from the main forum over there because they don't have to... the NPR stuff is already in the main forum! It would work for everyone... people looking to learn and/or read about pool won't have to sift through the main forum and the people looking for a laugh or otherwise can find it conveniently located next to all the other stuff where it belongs... in NPR.

Last edited: