How many are using FB groups to sell now instead of AZ for sale subforum?

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no other pool Web site in the world with as much, or even close to the amount of information I've posted here on AZB for people to learn from for free about pool tables. So, you might say I've paid for my gold membership over and over again, by not charging for all the help in educating the AZB members about their pool tables:grin:

I have so much time invested in AZB that I wouldn't even consider joining another pool Web site....even if I was offered to be paid....so, do I need to buy a Gold Membership to show my support to AZB still?

Fair enough Glen, thanks for the answer. And I do agree that you have given freely of your expertise in the past.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Sev. Wasn't Mac a poster in NPR at one time. Wonder what made him so bitter.

This rather nasty back and forth could have easily been avoided if 2 of the posters had have just left the mention of NPR out.

NPR as far as I can tell had zero to do with the original Theme of the Thread.

Of course members that hang there are going to be defensive when another comes right out and advocates that NPR be deleted from the Forums.

I would guess that Chris doesn't think that any of the members there play pool and may be potential customers.

Good news travels, bad news travels even faster.

If yer a rich man and can afford to blow off customers.

One of the reasons why Ugot mentioned the same threads and questions on a daily/Weekly basis is because they get tedious. AZB's archive is absolutely wonderful. In fact, that is how I first found AZB, by Googling a Repair Question.

If at any time, and it happens frequently in the Ask the Cue Maker Forum, it is suggested to anyone to first try the Search Function before you ask, then the person who suggested it is a Dick Head.

Either people don't know that there is a Search Function with a ton of Archives available, or they just like to hear themselves type.

Oh, you forgot one Ugot.

How do you make Milk Duds?

Only 10,000 threads on that one.

Cobra could take some lessons from the Cue Makers re being patient. If any of the Cue Makers were as condescending as Glen has been to members, that would be another Forum less frequented.

He likes Face Book, as he said, he can delete people. He can't do that on AZ. Good, don't be an A Hole to people and you wouldn't have to think about it.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
In Ugots instance due to his assignments and matters of security I doubt he could post his identity if he wanted to.
You see he is one of those individuals out there putting himself in harms way so you and I and everybody else in this nation can go about our day to day lives in relative peace and security.
What is that you do that is of equivalent importance again?

That's his story.

We want him on that wall! We need him on that wall!

Actually I don't. I would rather he find a real job and I get .00003 off of my income tax burden. That's how important he is to me.

John Chaplin
Coos Bay, Oregon

Go ahead and post my arrest record.

JC

Last edited:

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Sev. Wasn't Mac a poster in NPR at one time. Wonder what made him so bitter.

This rather nasty back and forth could have easily been avoided if 2 of the posters had have just left the mention of NPR out.

NPR as far as I can tell had zero to do with the original Theme of the Thread.

Of course members that hang there are going to be defensive when another comes right out and advocates that NPR be deleted from the Forums.

I would guess that Chris doesn't think that any of the members there play pool and may be potential customers.

Good news travels, bad news travels even faster.

If yer a rich man and can afford to blow off customers.

One of the reasons why Ugot mentioned the same threads and questions on a daily/Weekly basis is because they get tedious. AZB's archive is absolutely wonderful. In fact, that is how I first found AZB, by Googling a Repair Question.

If at any time, and it happens frequently in the Ask the Cue Maker Forum, it is suggested to anyone to first try the Search Function before you ask, then the person who suggested it is a Dick Head.

Either people don't know that there is a Search Function with a ton of Archives available, or they just like to hear themselves type.

Oh, you forgot one Ugot.

How do you make Milk Duds?

Only 10,000 threads on that one.

Cobra could take some lessons from the Cue Makers re being patient. If any of the Cue Makers were as condescending as Glen has been to members, that would be another Forum less frequented.

He likes Face Book, as he said, he can delete people. He can't do that on AZ. Good, don't be an A Hole to people and you wouldn't have to think about it.

Yes he was.
Still is I believe.

Sev

Silver Member
That's his story.

Actually I don't. I would rather he find a real job and I get .00003 off of my income tax burden. That's how important he is to me.

John Chaplin
Coos Bay, Oregon

JC

I think you missed the point of my example.
Apparently you also missed the news flash. Posting your personal information on the internet comes with a certain amount of risk.
A skilled individual bent on targeting you can wreak all sorts of havoc in your life.
Often times it is much better to remain anonymous on the internet to protect your own interests and those of your family.
Posting your name and your address is doubling down on causing yourself grief at some point in the future. You have no idea who is out there watching and what their mental state is.

UGOTDA7

Ban pending.....
Silver Member
That's his story.

John Chaplin
Coos Bay, Oregon

JC

LOL.....you poor guy. Hey, have you seen any good dunks lately? :rotflmao1:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All you NPR posters are nothing but a waste of air and keyboard time. I sure as hell hope Mike sees that AZB is way better off without the NPR forum....and drops it like it should be dropped!

JC

Coos Cues
I think you missed the point of my example.
Apparently you also missed the news flash. Posting your personal information on the internet comes with a certain amount of risk.
A skilled individual bent on targeting you can wreak all sorts of havoc in your life.
Often times it is much better to remain anonymous on the internet to protect your own interests and those of your family.
Posting your name and your address is doubling down on causing yourself grief at some point in the future. You have no idea who is out there watching and what their mental state is.

News flash to you too. Google my name.

I'm already on the internet. Big deal. It will get you nothing more than what's already public and that's who I am on forums and in real life.

JC

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All you NPR posters are nothing but a waste of air and keyboard time. I sure as hell hope Mike sees that AZB is way better off without the NPR forum....and drops it like it should be dropped!

That is crazy talk! It has already been pointed out by the Colonel that NPR gets a lot of action on this site. As a site owner you want people enjoying themselves and posting about stuff they are into. You can pretty much pick a specific subject and find the leading forum for that subject and if you visit you will see that their npr equivalent also recieves a lot of the action. For example I like MMA and I visit the underground forum on mma.tv, it is a leading forum with a ton of action but the underground (mma talk) probably does not get as much action as the otherground (their npr equivalent) the bottom line is forums are better off with them.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member

Au contraire mon ami, I think that you are a serious waste of time. I have no idea on how or why you have such a Superiority Complex and the Large Ego that you do, but I would rethink that statement. I mean, I am sure that the Mods and Owners know exactly who you are and with your over inflated sense of self worth, that you should be suggesting to anyone on how their board should be run. Laughable at best.

I believe that there would be more AZ members that would put that tag on yourself before anyone else.

With Rip Off Threads in your Honor, and the longer it stayed up, the more stories other members related, I would be ashamed of that record.

During that time, I had one member PM me some horrid stories re your Monkey Shines at peoples houses for jobs that he set up for you. The people couldn't get rid of you fast enuff.

Those stories are out there and there are plenty of them.

I just wouldn't start pounding your chest like a little Bonabo yet, lest a few members
start posting their stories once again.

What would you have against NPR and any of the members that post there. I would say that before anything else, AZB would be a much better place without your presence.

I know that you can carry a piece of slate all by yourself. I have seen pictures. That absolutely wouldn't deter me in any way of saying exactly what I type to your face.

I don't like you, I don't like Rip Offs, I don't like people who talk down to people because they supposedly know more about a subject than they do.

Glen, you're just a very unlikeable person in my book. And for more reasons that I just wasted my time typing for you.

Have a nice weekend Glen Bonabo.

PS - If you want to know why I chose Bonabo for a nick name.

They spend more time with their peckers in their hand than doing anything else. Kinda like the way you work.

Last edited:

Sev

Silver Member
News flash to you too. Google my name.

I'm already on the internet. Big deal. It will get you nothing more than what's already public and that's who I am on forums and in real life.

JC

That is your choice.
However individuals with ill intent on their minds could are less who you are in real life. The news is rife with instances of people over exposing themselves on the net, resulting in ill things happening to them.
You can find me as well if you look hard enough. I however choose not to advertise overtly who and where I am.
Sometimes the prudent thing is to exercise a bit of caution.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

There is a function called "ignore."

It works really well to effectively deal with those who waste your air and time. I'll show you how.

Jeff Livingston

Sev

Silver Member

Still waiting on that explanation there sunshine
Some stats and graphs would be nice.
Perhaps a list of members who left the site specifically because NPR exists.

This conversation is all on you.
You have made and continue to make broad sweeping statements which impugn and insult an entire group of members who enjoy various as aspect of this site.
You should be at least man enough to tender an explanation of your reasoning and your evidence to back it up.
That you disagree with the content of conversation that occurs in one sub forum designed expressly for non pool related content is simply not reason enough.

Or you can just admit your error and apologize.

I know its tough when you step outside the comfort zone of your profession and are not in control of the narrative and are placed in a position of actually having to explain yourself.
Being an adult and taking responsibility for ones actions is often difficult for some people. As apparently we are witnessing here.

I suspect that this is just about the point where your puffing and hissing ends and you roll onto your back and remain very still until the danger has passed.
Just like a RealHognosedSnake.

As far as what Mike decides to do in the end. That is his prerogative.
I'm not sure it would benefit the site to do so. There are a lot of members that over time have stated they swing by NPR to see what the flavor of the day is first and then move into other sections of the site.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I'm trying to understand the math here...
...you think that AZ Mike should get rid of a bunch of AZ regulars who
are loyal AZ posters...
...and cater to a small group ( RKC, THE RENFRO, JOHN SCHMIDT, JB)
who think we should bare our personal info and MIGRATE to FB?

I think Mike does better math than me...
...do you think he's going for this?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1. Aren't you capable of not going there by yourself?
2. Could it be that by going there and reading it, you then have to question your own thought processes on the things you stand for and believe in, and that makes you uncomfortable?
3. Could it be that you want to respond there, but also know that you would get owned if you did respond without the facts that you know you don't have and that irritates the heck out of you? (like you have been in just this thread)
4. You just feel the need to take away what others enjoy from them just because you don't enjoy the same thing?
5. Most that can't talk politics or religion are just scared people that don't know why they believe what they do and aren't willing to defend what they believe because they don't know why they believe it. And, are closed minded people that refuse to change what they believe no matter what actual facts are presented. They are happy just to live in their own little fantasy world and never face reality.

Got news flash for you- it's the shallow minded guys that can't stand the real facts that are destroying this place, not NPR.

JC

Coos Cues
You can find me as well if you look hard enough. I however choose not to advertise overtly who and where I am.
Sometimes the prudent thing is to exercise a bit of caution.

Particularly if you are going to come on web forums and pound on the keys like a chimpanzee claiming to be this and that important thing or the other or expert of some kind. Best to keep who you really are hidden in that case. National security don't you know.

JC

realkingcobra

Silver Member
1. Aren't you capable of not going there by yourself?
2. Could it be that by going there and reading it, you then have to question your own thought processes on the things you stand for and believe in, and that makes you uncomfortable?
3. Could it be that you want to respond there, but also know that you would get owned if you did respond without the facts that you know you don't have and that irritates the heck out of you? (like you have been in just this thread)
4. You just feel the need to take away what others enjoy from them just because you don't enjoy the same thing?
5. Most that can't talk politics or religion are just scared people that don't know why they believe what they do and aren't willing to defend what they believe because they don't know why they believe it. And, are closed minded people that refuse to change what they believe no matter what actual facts are presented. They are happy just to live in their own little fantasy world and never face reality.

Got news flash for you- it's the shallow minded guys that can't stand the real facts that are destroying this place, not NPR.

And those shallow minded people you're talking about are the NPR crowd, especially the ones who think they're the experts that think they know me so well, yet not ONE of them have ever met me, or ever done business with me, or even know first hand of any of my business dealings...yeah, OK. NPR = NOT POOL RELATED and don't belong anywhere on or around a POOL related forum....period!

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
A brief refrain from the hijack....I use Open Billiards market almost exclusively now.
This forum's wanted/for sale section has about died in comparison to what it was just a year ago. Although it was far from perfect it was still an awesome place to check out cues, learn about the cues and the cue makers, establish relationships with both sellers and buyers and support this website via Gold membership and the occasional donation for a good cause.
I have no intention of renewing my Gold membership when it expires. The community atmosphere that brought me here multiple times a day seems to be gone for those of us who congregated the wanted/for sale section.
As an aside and a quick hijack of my own, I spend a fair amount of time in NPR as well but quite honestly...sometimes it feels as though I'm willingly putting myself and my self worth into a human cesspool by either reading or replying to some of the vile that is spewed on a regular basis there. It doesn't help that it has mainly been moderated by one admin who has shown to be quite eager to ban those to the left of Pat Robertson. That poor and slanted moderation has allowed the cesspool to thrive...too bad because there are some very smart and some very helpful folks who frequent there.
If NPR went away I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it.
On the other hand....losing the community interaction in the current wanted/for sale "non community" does cause some sadness. Obviously, life has much more to be happy or sad or concerned about than a forum but it still sucks a bit more than a little.
There were lots of suggestions on how to fix that section and yes...some were going to cost more than they were worth. Some....not so much.
Open Billiards Market is kept in check by a team of admins who in my opinion do a damn good job.
This approach, with some sensible tweaks to the rules, would go a long ways to restoring our forum to the premier source of cues for sale and the access to educating ones self on cues/cue makers.
I'd be happy to volunteer my time and effort or at the very least, participate in that forum/community once again while supporting Az with my Gold Membership as well as steering other friends and fellow pool players and pool lovers to this website. Right now....I steer them to Facebook.
I'm just one guy so take my advice and insight it for what it's worth.