How many are using FB groups to sell now instead of AZ for sale subforum?

He's not the only one....I am hooked to NPR.

Like I said in my reply to the Colonel....it's Speaker's Corner for me.

...and how come youse guys pronounce it 'kernel'?
Sometimes I'm embarrassed to have Yorkshire roots...:embarrassed2:

and what the 'ell do you have against aitches?

Bone idleness.

I'm not yielding an inch on spelling or pronunciation. It's our bloody language. :angry:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
To all AZ members...Everyday life is tough anymore in this wacky world of ours....We like to do different things to unwind...We come to this wonderful forum with similar interests and to enjoy talking about whatever is on the agenda for the day..
One thing we should never ever forget is this site is free for us..It is a privilege to be here not a right....Thanks for listening...:)

Excellent post, Joey
..but I'm astounded by the dearth of emoticons.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

:wave:

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Pound to a penny sev is currently shitting bricks. I mean, WTF is he going to do all day if NPR goes? :eek:

You can't sit around in your pants all day in the main forum, you know.

Your concern for my welfare is duly noted.
I am truly touched. :p:smile:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pound to a penny sev is currently shitting bricks. I mean, WTF is he going to do all day if NPR goes? :eek:

You can't sit around in your pants all day in the main forum, you know.

I don't think you want to see NPR go away. It is needed to entertain many of these people. You see what happened to this thread when an NPR'er showed up.

What ever it takes to keep them out of the main forum I applaud. maybe that is the primary function of NPR sections on forums like this.

Sev

Silver Member
I don't think you want to see NPR go away. It is needed to entertain many of these people. You see what happened to this thread when an NPR'er showed up.

What ever it takes to keep them out of the main forum I applaud. maybe that is the primary function of NPR sections on forums like this.

The thread would have stayed right on track if one member didnt decide to attack an entire group of people on this site who typically mind their own business in a sub forum and do not bring it into the main or any other forum.

Of course its pretty amusing that people believe the main forum and others are as pristine as wind driven snow.
Seems people are quick to forget some of the epic debates and flame wars of the past.
Of course since it topic matter that certain people comfortable it makes all the difference in the world.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The thread would have stayed right on track if one member didnt decide to attack an entire group of people on this site who typically mind their own business in a sub forum and do not bring it into the main or any other forum.

Of course its pretty amusing that people believe the main forum and others are as pristine as wind driven snow.
Seems people are quick to forget some of the epic debates and flame wars of the past.
Of course since it topic matter that certain people comfortable it makes all the difference in the world.

You're pretty full of yourself with over 63,000 posts, mostly in NPR....I see why my suggestion ruffled your feathers. ..."oh my my, where would I go if AZB dropped the NPR forum, who would I have to talk to then:crying:"....:rotflmao1:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I appreciate you doing that. Can you send me a link to the gig request you made? If someone can do it super cheap, then it is easier to have do it. I can code PHP, but I am far from an expert in vbulletin coding.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Maybe, I just don't know, but I would kinda guess not. There is a setting for replies not bumping
threads to the top, and in this forum there allready is the "only the thread starter can reply and only
after 48 hours" thing. But exactly what I am suggesting is more then likely not just a setting.

- Thread starter cannot reply within 48 hours of his last post, regardless of whether or not there
have been replies from other users.
- Other users can reply as much as they want but this does not bump the thread to the top.
- Only posts from the thread starter bump the thread to the top.

For the heck of it I made a gig request on fiverr.com and two guys came forward and said they
could do it for peanuts. So, if you can't figure it out we are talking a couple bucks for someone
else to code it (I am assuming you would have to put in the code yourself and not give them ftp access).

gr. Dave

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Thanks, but for the next two days I will be running a Diamond Pool Tour stop and wishing I was watching the fight instead.

Mike

If we haven't heard from you in a few days we'll send in a search party ... grep Mike somewhereinAZcode :thumbup:

Dave

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There is nothing wrong with spirited conversation we are all big boys and can take it. The problem is when anything said is taken so personal and all of a sudden there is nothing discussed about the original subject anymore.

What was the last post on this thread about Facebook? My post is a waste of anyones time who has read it if they clicked on the topic thinking they were going to learn something about facebook.

Sev

Silver Member
There is nothing wrong with spirited conversation we are all big boys and can take it. The problem is when anything said is taken so personal and all of a sudden there is nothing discussed about the original subject anymore.

What was the last post on this thread about Facebook? My post is a waste of anyones time who has read it if they clicked on the topic thinking they were going to learn something about facebook.

True the thread has gone off topic.
The fault lays with RKC. He made a personal attack on a sub forum and the individuals that enjoy posting there.
Further he accused that sub forum of being the root of AZB's problems.

I have as yet to read a concise explanation on how he drew that conclusion.

Now. Had RKC remained on topic so would have the thread.
As a member that cruises both the main forum and NPR would never have voiced his opinion on the matter.

Ironically the has been an up tic in main forum members participating in NPR since yesterday. :)

Last edited:

Sev

Silver Member

Now where exactly would be the best place to sell Murrell, Viattorre and Deikman cues?

I actually posted a few on NPR a few months back and go some good action. Sadly no sales.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now where exactly would be the best place to sell Murrell, Viattorre and Deikman cues?

I actually posted a few on NPR a few months back and go some good action. Sadly no sales.
Not many things are harder to sell then pool cues. No one really needs it. People who may seem like your customers have cues already. It is hard to sell them even at a give away price.

Ebay may be the only place where you can for sure sell a cue sometimes at a very good price. I sold a Bill Stroud cue for $2500.00 on ebay that I could not get a $1000. for locally, not that I would have taken a $1000 anyway.

I have sold every cue I ever put on ebay and usually got enough to make me happy. I know people like to knock ebay and resent paying the % but it is worth it, you will sell your cue.

Lol. You sound surprised. You're telling me slide rule has no interest in buying pool cues? Wow!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. You sound surprised. You're telling me slide rule has no interest in buying pool cues? Wow!
I have been a member for 12 years and have like 7300 or so and I think I post a lot maybe too much. I can't imagine how I could possibly make 10X that like some others who have not been on as long as me. When do they sleep?

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
You're pretty full of yourself with over 63,000 posts, mostly in NPR....I see why my suggestion ruffled your feathers. ..."oh my my, where would I go if AZB dropped the NPR forum, who would I have to talk to then:crying:"....:rotflmao1:

I rarely post in NPR, but I have seen Sev donate time, money, and equipment to numerous good causes, has developed strong friendships, and has stepped up to help those in need, even if they rarely see eye to eye.

Reading his posts, he may have strong opinion, but is a good person.

RKC, on the other hand, can assemble furniture pretty well, and occasionally will throw out a nice bit of table knowledge. The rest of the time he is talking down to everyone, ripping people off, and being a general douche bag.

So, if I was Sev, I would keep doing what he is doing and tell Glen to shove his "contributions" straight up his ass.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
You're pretty full of yourself ....

:lol:
Sev ? Seriously ????? You are :killingme: .... you of ALL people should NEVER accuse someone of being "pretty full of yourself" ... oh wait .... you are "totally full of yourself" ... never mind :lmao:

Dave <-- sticks his nose where ever he want :p

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
and has stepped up to help those in need

Not long ago, someone from the Main needed a hand for a Family member.
Did he ask in the Main. Nope.

He came over to NPR. One of the guys handled the Pay Pal duties.

He received what he needed.

Yeah, we're Dicks.

I forgot. My Gold had run out. One of the guys bought me a renew just because he wanted to.

Crickets from Chris today. I expected as much.

I am in favor of NPR being axed as well.

Last edited:

Sev

Silver Member

Not ruffled at all.

I do find it interesting that you dont seem to have a cogent answer as to how NPR and those that post there are some how destroying Mikes site and business.

Have you considered changing you AZB name to RealHognosedSnake.
Seems you resemble one.
When confronted you puff up and get all hissy. Then when that fails to work you roll over and play dead.
It could also have a double meaning. We could use your newly assigned letters of RHS for for your more outrageous claims. RealHorse...... .
I am pretty sure it gain mass approval on AZB.

Just a thought. Give it some consideration. :)

Last edited:

Sev

Silver Member
Not many things are harder to sell then pool cues. No one really needs it. People who may seem like your customers have cues already. It is hard to sell them even at a give away price.

Ebay may be the only place where you can for sure sell a cue sometimes at a very good price. I sold a Bill Stroud cue for $2500.00 on ebay that I could not get a $1000. for locally, not that I would have taken a $1000 anyway.

I have sold every cue I ever put on ebay and usually got enough to make me happy. I know people like to knock ebay and resent paying the % but it is worth it, you will sell your cue.

My problem on Ebay is Ivory. Usually lots of it.
I have Viatorre who's points are full spliced ivory and not veneers.