donations or purchases to TAR

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree definately

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:....anybody who saw it free because of the problems should make some sort of little donation. I paid for 2 days of it and even though paypal screwed up and sent it by e-check Justin was great enough to trust me and set me up for the viewing. You canot buy that kind of customer service...thanks to Justin. I am now a loyal Tar Fan forever........mike

jjollie

I did not pay. I was just going to follow it on AZB. Then then free streamed it and man was that a treat. I WILL be making a donation to TAR and wish that the unpaid portion of the 2000 viewers mentioned by Justin would also make a donation. Thanks TAR for a great job...

jjollie

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I am shipping another $20 gapper to TAR for a couple reasons. One, this match was epic. Two, Nathan and Dave came down from Canada to help out with camera work and production probably on their own dime and without them this would not have been as good. And three, because Justin is busting his ass hauling gear all over America to bring pool fans some real entertainment, raw, live uncensored, unfiltered. Justin and I don't see eye to ey on anything but I totally respect and understand what he is trying to do in a business with so little reward.

Ship it and keep TAR alive if you enjoyed the show.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Yeah if those who watched it free were even to throw TAR $2 each that would add up to a nice treat for TAR in return for the nice treat that so many viewers got tonight.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Good thread Wong. Yea, 2,000 viewers. Would love to see 1/4 of those people fork over some cash. TAR offers a product that you clearly want to see, if you watched for free... please support that cause and ship them some jelly.

I watched 3 days of amazing. Not just amazing pool, but AMAZING everything. Anybody that missed the first two nights, really missed out. Was worth $25 any day.

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good thread Wong. Yea, 2,000 viewers. Would love to see 1/4 of those people fork over some cash. TAR offers a product that you clearly want to see, if you watched for free... please support that cause and ship them some jelly.

I watched 3 days of amazing. Not just amazing pool, but AMAZING everything. Anybody that missed the first two nights, really missed out. Was worth $25 any day.

well i think the donation is a great idea, but making a purchase is just as good. mikey said it best in the chat i think, if everyone donated 2.00 it would be huge. TAR does a lot for pool and they deserve to get something to show for it.

RichLec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the final two days and really only watched like 3 total hours of this great stream. I will be buying the DVD when it is available.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I wasn't sure exactly what Justin was talking about due to my coming in and out of my computer room where I enjoyed this epic production. Now, it's becoming clear to me.

Apparently, TAR's host server blew up (or something like that) and so Justin made a decision to open up the show to all for free on an alternate server. Do I have this right?

I was confused when I heard Justin saying that anyone who paid to see the show could email him for a refund if they wanted. While this certainly is a most generous offer, I'd be real disappointed to know that anyone took him up on that offer.

And anyone who did get to watch last night's match for free, unless you honestly are under some financial hardship, you really should send a little jelly TAR's way. Here again is their paypal address: sales@theactionreport.com

This was an incredibly well done show. All aspects were first class! :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

Best,
Brian kc

Last edited:

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
I wasn't sure exactly what Justin was talking about due to my coming in and out of my computer room where I enjoyed this epic production. Now, it's becoming clear to me.

Apparently, TAR's host server blew up (or something like that) and so Justin made a decision to open up the show to all for free on an alternate server. Do I have this right?

TAR streams the event out to a another site http://www.audiovideoweb.com/deliver-live-webcasting.php , which is a Content Delivery Host. Instead of TAR sending the stream directly to ustream servers, it goes thru the audiovideoweb site, so they can control who sees it. They are the ones that interface with the Paypal system to take payments, then issue you access to TAR's stream by associating it with your login. If that system gets screwed up, then people that pay might see there is content available, but yet they get a No Access to it. It really is out of TAR's hands at that point. Once people have paid and something goes on the blink, Justin can only create manual user/passwords for each person and send to them. Only one login can be used at one time, so you can't issue one user/pass and give that to a whole bunch of people. It's setup to allow only one login at a time per user/pass.

Because Justin felt it was going to be such a big job to try and manually create a user/pass for each person that could'nt login, he had no other option then to open it up to everyone to make sure all the people that paid and couldn't get in, could see what they paid for. Picture his email Inbox... A hundred or more emails come in, each one saying they can't login and probably chewing his butt out for it. Many of them send mutiple emails so take that 100 and increase that to 2 or 3 hundred. Think of trying to sort thru each one of those emails and create a manual user/pass thru his audiovideoweb control panel and then email that to each person and try and keep track of who he sent it to and who he hasn't. All the time, emails continue to pour in while he's trying to do this.

AND he's trying to get the PPV started for everyone onsite.

Kicking Chicken said:
I was confused when I heard Justin saying that anyone who paid to see the show could email him for a refund if they wanted. While this certainly is a most generous offer, I'd be real disappointed to know that anyone took him up on that offer.

And anyone who did get to watch last night's match for free, unless you honestly are under some financial hardship, you really should send a little jelly TAR's way. Here again is their paypal address: sales@theactionreport.com

This was an incredibly well done show. All aspects were first class! :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

Best,
Brian kc

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I think the saddest part was over the course of the weekend, 4 different people sent me PMs on ustream asking if I could get them the PPV for free. All 4 of them, I've never seen their username. It's really sad.

First of all, I pay for the stream just like everyone else. Justin is a good friend of mine and I support his business just as he supports mine. Second, what makes you think I can get it to you free? Third, if I could... why would you even ask a total stranger that? TAR charges money for a PPV for a reason.

I hope those people see this post.

ShootingRazbone

He got all the rolls
Silver Member
Bought shirts from TAR......I guess this qualifies eh.

Hey Cleary.....Hook me up on some free PPV will ya?

BTW....I have already thrown the NIT Card down lol.... the whole poolroom exploded. It was hilarious. Good Idea there!

So who is going to make the first T-Shirt with "Earl Hates Babies" on it???

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
TAR streams the event out to a another site http://www.audiovideoweb.com/deliver-live-webcasting.php , which is a Content Delivery Host. Instead of TAR sending the stream directly to ustream servers, it goes thru the audiovideoweb site, so they can control who sees it. They are the ones that interface with the Paypal system to take payments, then issue you access to TAR's stream by associating it with your login. If that system gets screwed up, then people that pay might see there is content available, but yet they get a No Access to it. It really is out of TAR's hands at that point. Once people have paid and something goes on the blink, Justin can only create manual user/passwords for each person and send to them. Only one login can be used at one time, so you can't issue one user/pass and give that to a whole bunch of people. It's setup to allow only one login at a time per user/pass.

Because Justin felt it was going to be such a big job to try and manually create a user/pass for each person that could'nt login, he had no other option then to open it up to everyone to make sure all the people that paid and couldn't get in, could see what they paid for. Picture his email Inbox... A hundred or more emails come in, each one saying they can't login and probably chewing his butt out for it. Many of them send mutiple emails so take that 100 and increase that to 2 or 3 hundred. Think of trying to sort thru each one of those emails and create a manual user/pass thru his audiovideoweb control panel and then email that to each person and try and keep track of who he sent it to and who he hasn't. All the time, emails continue to pour in while he's trying to do this.

AND he's trying to get the PPV started for everyone onsite.

Going forward, it might be a good idea to set up one account/password for multiple access to use as an emergency account in the future. Then he could send out that one userID/password out to anyone who had problems. Could those people pass it out to others? Yes, but you would have many less unpaid viewers than what they had last night.

Mike_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought shirts from TAR......I guess this qualifies eh.

Hey Cleary.....Hook me up on some free PPV will ya?

BTW....I have already thrown the NIT Card down lol.... the whole poolroom exploded. It was hilarious. Good Idea there!

So who is going to make the first T-Shirt with "Earl Hates Babies" on it???

haha, I threw the "Earl Hates Babies" comment out in the middle of a chat room blitz, I was amazed Justin even saw it.

That shirt would be epic.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid the 25$ on friday. Unfortunately, I was too tired to watch the whole thing. (Was glued on my seat from 6pm to almost 1am) I couldn't watch it saturday and sunday...but it was totally worth it nonetheless. Very good job!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I sent Justin a Pay Pal for the Sunday viewing.
I got in late and realized it had started due to EST and I have no idea what time I'm on.
Then when I read it was opened up, I jumped in but just the same, feel that
TAR deserves to get paid.
I hope the rest of the viewers come up with a donation as well.

No lag or buffering, everything was smooth and the picture quality, camera work was great.
Thats the first PPV from Tar I've seen and it won't be the last now.

Last edited: