Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Sky Woodward - Record "24" ?
Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-19-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
If the table is level, felt clean, balls clean and not out of round (from wear/over cleaning), shooting a spot shot and cue ball stopping 1.5 diamonds before it gets to foot rail is not difficult after a little practice.

As you said, it's a very good way to practice touch shots with distance.
Wtf? Without hitting the foot rail, or drawing into the side rail first...or adding non-standard diamonds to the table?

This I gotta see.

Just so we are on the same page, how many diamonds does a standard table have, from foot spot to foot rail?

practice
Old
  (#32)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

practice - 06-19-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
If someone spends most of their spare time on a pool table shooting spot shots, they might get pretty good at it. Some people could throw coins into the slot of a pay phone (when those antiques still existed). And you may want to review Smorgassbored's story about the guy who knocked over the head pin on a bowling lane by throwing one card at a time from a standard deck of 52.

And the 1000+ was a personal record and not a standard challenge. One of the witnesses said he frequently ran 200 or 300.

Back when they were a lot more common my uncle could throw thumb tacks accurately and stick them in a cork board. Back in the days of tube TV's he ran a one man TV and radio shop. He might have been as lonely as the Maytag man.

Years ago there would be a booth at the state fair to throw nickels on glassware and keep the glassware. I helped a friend win cases and cases. Groove in a toss like a free throw and even the moving targets became just a matter of timing. Then the booth went to dimes. Twice as much for each throw but the main thing was that it was much much harder to throw a dime accurately than a nickel.

I have never lost betting against the pay phone toss. I did usually let drunken cowboys talk me into that bet and from at least ten feet away. I have heard of several people that could toss a dime from twenty feet but never ran into them. Back then you never ever bet that proposition with someone that had been a jail trustee.

Hu

Old
  (#33)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-19-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
I don't believe in the groove.
I've played one shot enough to make a groove and benefit from it. Try shooting a shot 1000 times. Same cue ball, same object ball, and arrange nappy cloth if possible.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#34)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Silver Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-19-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I canít say itís 100% but it seems reasonable, only because I start seeing a line after 10 or 15 shots set up with donuts..I can only imagine that gets more and more intense as you get into the hundos.

Maybe Iíll actually try sometime...but not on my table lol. Iíve got peaks and valleys and rubble to contend with right now

Old
  (#35)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
If the table is level, felt clean, balls clean and not out of round (from wear/over cleaning), shooting a spot shot and cue ball stopping 1.5 diamonds before it gets to foot rail is not difficult after a little practice.

As you said, it's a very good way to practice touch shots with distance.
I'm assuming you mean head rail. If you really mean foot rail, you got action

thats just like, your opinion man

Old
  (#36)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highkarate View Post
I'm assuming you mean head rail. If you really mean foot rail, you got action
I am sure he will provide proof, going by his prior posts espousing no claims shall "be" made without video
"
documentation.

Old
  (#37)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

06-19-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I've played one shot enough to make a groove and benefit from it. Try shooting a shot 1000 times. Same cue ball, same object ball, and arrange nappy cloth if possible.
Your Jedi mind tricks are ineffective on me, good sir.

I say, no. No, no, no.

Old
  (#38)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Your Jedi mind tricks are ineffective on me, good sir.

I say, no. No, no, no.
I know what you're thinking. (But you knew that.) It's hard to find nappy cloth these days. Just get some of that spray-on snow for Xmas trees and cover the bed cloth with a light coating. No need to get it on the rails and you really only need to spray the path of the cue ball and object ball. Try it. You'll thank me later.

Old
  (#39)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

06-19-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I know what you're thinking. (But you knew that.) It's hard to find nappy cloth these days. Just get some of that spray-on snow for Xmas trees and cover the bed cloth with a light coating. No need to get it on the rails and you really only need to spray the path of the cue ball and object ball. Try it. You'll thank me later.
Toottoot!!!
Attached Images

Old
  (#40)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

06-19-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Toottoot!!!
Wrong kind of snow, but I think you're catching on. Slowly.

Old
  (#41)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

06-19-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
...and arrange nappy cloth if possible.
And we are entering gaff territory now...

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#42)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 05:11 PM

FYI, I just posted a YouTube video demonstrating the Spot Shot Challenge drill. In the video, I offer advice to those who want to give it a go. I also show my best attempt at the challenge so far with a score of 6 ... a far cry from Skyler's 24. With this kind of thing, I'm sure dedicated practice can yield much higher scores.

Here's the video:

NV J.23 Ė Spot Shot Challenge Ė Shot Making and Cue Ball Control Drill

Enjoy, and good luck,
Dave

Old
  (#43)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
I think we all can agree this guarantees Sky a spot in the Hall of Fame.

LOL that was also my first thought.

Old
  (#44)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

06-19-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etviGf1uWlg

In any wager, there is a fool and a thief. Knowing ahead of time who you are, might just save you money.
Player: Joss
Breaker: Poison
Case: Instroke

Old
  (#45)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
FYI, I just posted a YouTube video demonstrating the Spot Shot Challenge drill. In the video, I offer advice to those who want to give it a go. I also show my best attempt at the challenge so far with a score of 6 ... a far cry from Skyler's 24. With this kind of thing, I'm sure dedicated practice can yield much higher scores.

Here's the video:

NV J.23 Ė Spot Shot Challenge Ė Shot Making and Cue Ball Control Drill

Enjoy, and good luck,
Dave
Does anybody know if there is a video available for Skylerís 24? That would be fun to see.

Until I see video proof, I will assume my 6 is the current world record.

I look forward to seeing videos from other AZBíers. If people post higher scores, it will motivate me to try harder also.

Letís see some videos,
Dave

Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: