Inlay Machine

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to take the time to share some pictures of our new inlay machine it is a 2012 HAAS TM-1. The teck is coming in the morning to set it up and power it up for the first time. The fourh axes will be here in a couple of days.
Thanks for looking.
IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

Sport666

FC3 Custom Cues & Repairs
Silver Member
WOW really nice Pete. Where are you going to squeeze that in with all your other little toys. Also want to say it was nice chatting with you at the SBX. TY Frank FC3

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great looking machine

but you lost me with the photo of the 200 buttons of the face, i would have to go to college to learn how to operate.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
They've changed a few things since 2008,when I helped unpack,move,and set up the new TM-1 and TL-1 the school I attended got. I even did the tooling list the school ordered to go along with them.

It's apparently fully enclosed now,the one the school got just had a box around the table. It doesn't look like much has changed on the control panel though.

Believe it or not,with the conversational controls in the panel it's a LOT easier than you'd think to run,unless you are G-coding it,or doing something that requires a CAM program for coding. You still have to move it around and touch the tools off manually. They even come with their own jump drive.

Did yours come with the 10k RPM spindle,or did you order the CAT 40 NSK spindle fixture again?

Nice machine for damn sure,Tommy D.

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Pete,

I think that it is too small for you.

Keep in mind you won't be able to do tips with that machine :rolleyes:

Maybe some inlay work... Hey I might need some custom wheels for my Prius :D

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
:yikes:
i could fit 1 & a half of those in my shop
if i threw everything else out of it
pete's havin some fun now !

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
but you lost me with the photo of the 200 buttons of the face, i would have to go to college to learn how to operate.
im with you chuck
christ oh mighty
i still havent figured out how to program my coffeemaker to start at 5am :rolleyes:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Funny you should mention that Brent, neither can I.

Nice machine Pete, can't wait to see some of the goodies you make with that one.

kunin35

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cool machine, cooler monte carlo SS as well!!! love that car and always wanted one.

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool machine, cooler monte carlo SS as well!!! love that car and always wanted one.

I really wanted one of those cars back in the mid 80's or so when they came out. I remember My uncle bought one brand new back then. Not sure who ended up with that car after he passed, but he kept It garaged and in mint condition..

I love the cnc too, but like Desi mentioned I'd have to go back to school or pay someone to run it for me.

Cue Crazy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope not, because I'm even farther behind the times then I thought if so.. If I had that machine, and the know how to put It to good use, I can think of many more worth while ventures to use It for then building cues, although I'm sure that would be a nice added benefit to owning it.. Don't think I could make enough money from cues alone to pay for it though.