Hustlers Week 2: Episodes 3 & 4 Thread

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a real reality show following real pros in real competitions - not made-up "hustlers" acting out made-up "matches" to get on a made-up "list".

pj
chgo

Ahahahaha. You must be kidding. There is no interest in the USA in men's tournament pool. Did you miss that trend of more than 25 years? It doesn't matter how you try to build rivalries or personalities. There is very little to work with. What competitions?

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BS
Look at her shape on 2 ball episode 1. It's not possible to make the ball or ever get shape she did. This show is about as real as professional wrestling.

I haven't paid that close of attention ,, I think I might DVR the next ones to get a closer look I'm trying to look at it as if I know nothing about the game but you can't have obvious flaws and expect people to take it seriously sooner or later people will figure it out

I watch the Bering Sea gold , one reason is I think Emily Reidel is a pure freak reminds me of some of my Xs , hey sex sells don't think its not a accident they showed Jens Bikini picks in the first episode

I know more than one pro woman that plays that have a big problem with these girls playing that aspect but they won't have a problem when prize money goes up because of it

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I saw Karren go hill hill with Mike at Snookers on a stream ,, there is no doubt in my mind Kelly Fisher can beat many top pro's on any given day ,,
I don't think the gap is near as far as u think

I think if Kelly Fisher played Shane some 10 ball she could get the 8 and the 9 ball, maybe even the 7, 8 and 9. The gap is huge. Sure they can win sets that are short races in a tournament. Race to 21 or higher they got no real shot. Never heard of a lady running out a set going to 7 or 9.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
This show is about as real as professional wrestling.

That's the whole point. It's entertainment designed to get ratings, not to please a bunch of nitpicking poolplayers. There's a reason why the WWE is a billion times more popular and profitable than "real" wrestling.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I would like to use the show "Storage Wars" as an example.

The producers of this show have created a product that has brought them BIG success while creating HUGE exposure and interest in that industry.

The show is, at least in part, staged BS.

They've had some of their well known bidders bring witch doctors, diviners, fortune tellers, drones fitted with cameras for a better look, etc, etc., all supposedly done to give themselves an edge for how much they should bid.

The characters themselves are some real characters like Dave Hester, Y'UUUUUP, and the tension between him and Darryl.

There's Brandi and Jarrod who became so popular they were given their own 'reality' show. :rolleyes:

And how about Barry, what a strange dude they had him playing; even if some of it was based on who he really is, there's no way he would be doing much of the stuff we saw on TV, dressing like he did and driving all the bizarre vehicles we got to see him drive just to go bid on storage containers. It's made up for TV..

But it was all brilliant because viewers ate it up in a big way.

And the hook they have when one of them wins a locker and as they are rummaging through it, invariably they will say something like: "That's what I'm talking about!" as if they just found a ship's sunken treasure; then abruptly they cut to commercial. Perfect!

When they found odd and interesting items that needed professional valuation done, wasn't it amazing how they all had so many friends that were experts in clown art, vintage airplane parts, Pink Floyd posters, or whatever it was that came up?

This is a show that is largely staged, not terribly different than the aforementioned pro wrestling that has made the network, the show, and it's stars, a whole lot of money and they're still going.

It has also caused a swell in that industry because since this show has been on, people all over the country have decided that they, too, can be storage buying kings and queens.

Like the show or not, Storage Wars has put that industry on the map.

We should be hoping for even a fraction of that same success to be achieved with The Hustlers, imo.

best,
brian kc <----- doesn't mind things being bent a little if the result is fewer pool rooms closing their doors.

Last edited:

2strong4u

Banned
i was on the show genius

Thank you, amongst guys like you I am.

Since you were there please explain what happened with that shot.

What happened is she rolled up for the 2 nine combo and dogged it. When it didn't fit the script they just moved ahead a few balls and let her win.

Don't you guys think that there might be 1000 other players who are more deserving of this attention? Guys that put in hours and miles on the road. This girl shows up a few years back saying she's a top female pro and poof like magic we all gotta buy it?

This is why pool is like it is. Nobody wants to invest the time to gain the knowledge and ability to excell. It's just true cause they want it to be. That's not how it works in the real world.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

What happened is she rolled up for the 2 nine combo and dogged it. When it didn't fit the script they just moved ahead a few balls and let her win.

Don't you guys think that there might be 1000 other players who are more deserving of this attention? Guys that put in hours and miles on the road. This girl shows up a few years back saying she's a top female pro and poof like magic we all gotta buy it?

This is why pool is like it is. Nobody wants to invest the time to gain the knowledge and ability to excell. It's just true cause they want it to be. That's not how it works in the real world.

Did she not return a message from you on FB or something and you won't stop going off. I don't know how better she can say that she is an A player other than her line where she exactly said that. Is she a professional though? In demeanor, character, marketing, and punctuality she 100% is. She handles her business in a way most pros never could get right. The fact that you are on her mouthing off only serves to prove that, you're only making more people want to pay to see her. Skill wise she is pretty damn high on the amateur food chain for female players so why is it so unbelievable for her to be a lower level female pro. Is there some magic skill test she needs to pass for your approval? If you are rookie of the year in the NBA are you a pro basketball player? She was rookie of the year on the WPBA.

Everyone on the show reads this stuff and this is exactly why none of us want to be on here at all. Instead of sitting there talking shit for 10 pages why not just ask the really simple question of what actually happened? I'll give you a hint, in real life that set took damn near 2.5 hours. Have a good day though and chill.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to use the show "Storage Wars" as an example.

The producers of this show have created a product that has brought them BIG success while creating HUGE exposure and interest in that industry.

The show is, at least in part, staged BS.

They've had some of their well known bidders bring witch doctors, diviners, fortune tellers, drones fitted with cameras for a better look, etc, etc., all supposedly done to give themselves an edge for how much they should bid.

The characters themselves are some real characters like Dave Hester, Y'UUUUUP, and the tension between him and Darryl.

There's Brandi and Jarrod who became so popular they were given their own 'reality' show. :rolleyes:

And how about Barry, what a strange dude they had him playing; even if some of it was based on who he really is, there's no way he would be doing much of the stuff we saw on TV, dressing like he did and driving all the bizarre vehicles we got to see him drive just to go bid on storage containers. It's made up for TV..

But it was all brilliant because viewers ate it up in a big way.

And the hook they have when one of them wins a locker and as they are rummaging through it, invariably they will say something like: "That's what I'm talking about!" as if they just found a ship's sunken treasure; then abruptly they cut to commercial. Perfect!

When they found odd and interesting items that needed professional valuation done, wasn't it amazing how they all had so many friends that were experts in clown art, vintage airplane parts, Pink Floyd posters, or whatever it was that came up?

This is a show that is largely staged, not terribly different than the aforementioned pro wrestling that has made the network, the show, and it's stars, a whole lot of money and they're still going.

It has also caused a swell in that industry because since this show has been on, people all over the country have decided that they, too, can be storage buying kings and queens.

Like the show or not, Storage Wars has put that industry on the map.

We should be hoping for even a fraction of that same success to be achieved with The Hustlers, imo.

best,
brian kc <----- doesn't mind things being bent a little if the result is fewer pool rooms closing their doors.
Yep and there are storage places abound becuase that buisness goes up in a falling economy ,,I highly doubt viewers are headed to Alaska to gold mine ,home stead or crab

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did she not return a message from you on FB or something and you won't stop going off. I don't know how better she can say that she is an A player other than her line where she exactly said that. Is she a professional though? In demeanor, character, marketing, and punctuality she 100% is. She handles her business in a way most pros never could get right. The fact that you are on her mouthing off only serves to prove that, you're only making more people want to pay to see her. Skill wise she is pretty damn high on the amateur food chain for female players so why is it so unbelievable for her to be a lower level female pro. Is there some magic skill test she needs to pass for your approval? If you are rookie of the year in the NBA are you a pro basketball player? She was rookie of the year on the WPBA.

Everyone on the show reads this stuff and this is exactly why none of us want to be on here at all. Instead of sitting there talking shit for 10 pages why not just ask the really simple question of what actually happened? I'll give you a hint, in real life that set took damn near 2.5 hours. Have a good day though and chill.
I suggest you not read it. Few people who are in show business read reviews. There is also an old saying if you believe the good reviews then you have to believe the bad ones. The real difference is, there is nothing to be learned from good review.

Remember this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH5R56jILag#t=29

CaptainHook

NOT Mike Sigel
Silver Member
I like the show and I am friends with these folks on the Facebook. The only thing I disagreed with so far was Gary O’Callaghan backed out of a handshake agreement on a match-up with Mike D. That was poor sportsmanship on his part and he should apologize to Mike D. All the banter is just for the TV, at the Flamingo where I play, once all the back and forth banter about money, spots or games on the wire, whatever, 3 foul, no 3 foul, rack your own and all the other BS is all done, everyone shuts their mouth, takes a seat and puts their cell phones on vibrate, once the player who won the flip approaches the table to break nobody is talking or moving around, if someone needs to go to the restroom we go in-between games and if you come back and the next game has started, you watch from the bar area until a games is complete and go back and take your seat, it’s called pool room etiquette, now that being said, it is a Bar, so sometimes folks walk in through the doors in the front room and walk right past the table on the way to the bar, or sometimes folks from the bar walk through during a game to go use the ATM, the players just have to deal with that, these folks are just bar patrons and have no idea a money game is underway, the more polite ones, say excuse me, the ones with some pool knowledge will at least wait until the player at the table completes his shot, then they will walk past the table without interruption. Now that being said, when we play a ring game pretty much anything goes LOL. :D

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

If you want to use the phrase"this is why pool is like it is" then look in the mirror. You like others seem to have an agenda fueled by jealously , envy and a desire to be noticed.
A bunch of Critics who want to see something fail and follow people around judging what they're doing because you have nothing better to do. Tell us something you've done for the game besides try to tear it down. In the end it doesn't matter because people like you are miserable . You do nothing but try and put someone down. ED is where she's at because she deserves it..... Just like you

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member

The WPBA says she is ranked 24th in the world. Who should the people believe, them or you? Nobody suddenly appears on that list, it takes hard work. So why all the hate, friend?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the show and I am friends with these folks on the Facebook. The only thing I disagreed with so far was Gary O’Callaghan backed out of a handshake agreement on a match-up with Mike D. That was poor sportsmanship on his part and he should apologize to Mike D. All the banter is just for the TV, at the Flamingo where I play, once all the back and forth banter about money, spots or games on the wire, whatever, 3 foul, no 3 foul, rack your own and all the other BS is all done, everyone shuts their mouth, takes a seat and puts their cell phones on vibrate, once the player who won the flip approaches the table to break nobody is talking or moving around, if someone needs to go to the restroom we go in-between games and if you come back and the next game has started, you watch from the bar area until a games is complete and go back and take your seat, it’s called pool room etiquette, now that being said, it is a Bar, so sometimes folks walk in through the doors in the front room and walk right past the table on the way to the bar, or sometimes folks from the bar walk through during a game to go use the ATM, the players just have to deal with that, these folks are just bar patrons and have no idea a money game is underway, the more polite ones, say excuse me, the ones with some pool knowledge will at least wait until the player at the table completes his shot, then they will walk past the table without interruption. Now that being said, when we play a ring game pretty much anything goes LOL. :D

You are right, all that BS on the side line when players are playing just does not happen in any pool room if a serious game is being played.

With one exception, hispanic pool rooms. I have played in hispanic pool rooms and what you have to put up with is unbelievable. That is just what they do it would seem.