Just asked to have both my accounts deleted

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Russ Chewning/ShortBusRuss here.

I just sent the below PM to Mr. Wilson. Just saying goodbye to all the good peeps on here, and a big F U to trentfromtoledo, who polluted no less than half of the threads I saw on the Mechanics forum.

I like most of the peeps on here.. Come say Hi to me if you are coming to Derby...

Mr. Wilson,

Yeah.. I have enough of totalitarianism, wherever it might be found. The freaking pool hall I learned to play in (Malarkey's in Tacoma) is closing down, and I couldn't even participate in the discussion, so...

I have been relatively well behaved on here and the only reason I got into it with trentfromtoledo is because he was allowed to harass the ever-loving shit out of both myself and realkingcobra in a thread he was repeatedly told his input was not welcome in. So YEAH.. I WAS feeling a little froggy with him in particular. He is allowed to pollute tons of threads on the Mechanic forum, and you allowed him to continue doing so, but I am the one who gets banned.

So, yeah.. Please delete both accounts, and all the postings.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ, I enjoyed having you around and reading your input. Recently, you were looking to fit a pool table into a space in the house in Germany.
I also looked forward to hearing about your matches in Europe.

Like all things in life, time heals all. I still believe AZ billiards is a positive force in the pool world. And I get down when reading older threads and seeing names of members such as yourself, who just don't come around anymore.

Please don't make the decision in the heat of the moment.
Take a step back and after a few breaths, days, weeks, I hope you'll reconsider.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just block him..thier is a certain case maker who’s rants I got tired of seeing so I blocked him.. problem solved. Lol it’s just a pool forum man. Not life and death.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

I just sent the below PM to Mr. Wilson. Just saying goodbye to all the good peeps on here, and a big F U to trentfromtoledo, who polluted no less than half of the threads I saw on the Mechanics forum.

I like most of the peeps on here.. Come say Hi to me if you are coming to Derby...

Mr. Wilson,

Yeah.. I have enough of totalitarianism, wherever it might be found. The freaking pool hall I learned to play in (Malarkey's in Tacoma) is closing down, and I couldn't even participate in the discussion, so...

I have been relatively well behaved on here and the only reason I got into it with trentfromtoledo is because he was allowed to harass the ever-loving shit out of both myself and realkingcobra in a thread he was repeatedly told his input was not welcome in. So YEAH.. I WAS feeling a little froggy with him in particular. He is allowed to pollute tons of threads on the Mechanic forum, and you allowed him to continue doing so, but I am the one who gets banned.

Boo hoo Russ, you're such a drama queen. Old people call kids "snowflakes" now, but they had to learn it from somewhere...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody cares too much if one of us goes away...and we aren't whole when that happens either.

I think you shoul stay.

Live and let live...the good with the bad, m-man.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mr. Wilson,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why can't people like you just take your ball and go home? Why whine and throw a fit? Crybabies always throw tantrums and that's what you just did.

Do you want to make AZBilliards look bad? GTFO, that stands for Get the Fun Out, enjoy life and come back when the tears are gone.

Smile, someone out there may still love you.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mr. Wilson,

Unfortunately AZB forums became a place which tends to hurt posters quite often chasing them away. I guess it comes with the shrinking number of "normal" posters/posts while the number of trolls and their attacks stays about the same. The way I see it AZB forums have entered stage 4 troll cancer in the past 12 months with 2-3 years of life left...:frown:

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Mr. Wilson,

If you had any posts you want to revisit, it will be difficult to search for. i know that all too well. When I switched my username from my name to Cornerman, I asked Mike to delete my account, too. I didnt realize that I could have just had him change my username. I had the admins change my username in the other forums (BD, InsidePOOL, etc). It’s difficult to find some of those old posts in AZ.

Freddie <~~~ never did a goodbye

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See how I did that?

I am fred too.
If you had any posts you want to revisit, it will be difficult to search for. i know that all too well. When I switched my username from my name to Cornerman, I asked Mike to delete my account, too. I didnt realize that I could have just had him change my username. I had the admins change my username in the other forums (BD, InsidePOOL, etc). It’s difficult to find some of those old posts.

Freddie <~~~ never did a goodbye

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post reminds me of when I was little and didn't get my way. One time I got so mad I told my folks I was going to run away from home and never come back. Their response? "Come on we will help you pack!" Boy I sure showed them though.... I stayed! I was probably about 7 years old at the time.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mr. Wilson,

Russ, I understand how easy it is to get frustrated with things around here.

Certainly, without any doubt, the number of trolls and alias accounts have proliferated the last couple of years. And it's amazing (though not surprising) how the AZ cops always seem to be looking the other way while you're getting mugged by the same perps over and over.

But "farewell cruel world" is not the way to handle this. Just do a personal ban for whatever period of time you need to recharge. Delete the Bookmark or Favorites tab and take a break. Then comeback if you so chose. Oh, and the Ignore function is your friend. Try it, you'll like it.

Lou Figueroa

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately AZB forums became a place which tends to hurt posters quite often chasing them away. I guess it comes with the shrinking number of "normal" posters/posts while the number of trolls and their attacks stays about the same. The way I see it AZB forums have entered stage 4 troll cancer in the past 12 months with 2-3 years of life left...:frown:
Really?? "Stage 4 troll-cancer"?? Look, on ANY forum you're going to have personality/ego clashes. On a forum full of pool-players your "clash ratio" is gonna be higher than on a lot of other forums. Some people's "butt-hurt threshold" is just a tad on the low side. If you're going to take what's said here too seriously you're probably better off jumping ship.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm still in dreamland because I still find this forum to be a valuable resource. I have also participated in threads where there are severely dissenting opinions and some heated differences of opinion. And I've also been bothered by what someone has said to me and about me more than once. I most recently had a major problem on the Action forum with a regular on there who tried to pull a cheap con on me for $100. SO WHAT!

The good so outweighs the bad that it's not even close! There are so many knowledgeable people on here that you can get an answer to most any question, pool related or not. I've been enlightened on legal issues, medical issues, shipping issues and so much more that this is a go-to place for me when I have a problem.

To me, AZB is a microcosm of life, where you need to accept the good with the bad. On here, it's easy to avoid the bad by just not clicking on the link/thread in question. Problem solved! We can chose the threads we want or don't want to participate in. No one forces any of us to post on here, except our own free will.

This is a lot easier than real life where sometimes you can't avoid a conflict. It was pretty tough in the old days when I had a problem with someone in the pool room, especially when I might see them every day. You had to watch your back when that happened. On here, if I have a problem with someone, I just quit communicating with them.

In the past there have been times where I also grew a little tired of posting and took a break for days and even weeks. I didn't feel the need to explain myself to anybody when that happened. I just took a break! And guess what? The world did not shift on it's axis either. :D

As my wise little sister so succinctly put it on her license plate, "C'est la vie"

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm still in dreamland because I still find this forum to be a valuable resource. I have also participated in threads where there are severely dissenting opinions and some heated differences of opinion. And I've also been bothered by what someone has said to me and about me more than once. I most recently had a major problem on the Action forum with a regular on there who tried to pull a cheap con on me for $100. SO WHAT!

The good so outweighs the bad that it's not even close! There are so many knowledgeable people on here that you can get an answer to most any question, pool related or not. I've been enlightened on legal issues, medical issues, shipping issues and so much more that this is a go-to place for me when I have a problem.

To me, AZB is a microcosm of life, where you need to accept the good with the bad. On here, it's easy to avoid the bad by just not clicking on the link/thread in question. Problem solved! We can chose the threads we want or don't want to participate in. No one forces any of us to post on here, except our own free will.

This is a lot easier than real life where sometimes you can't avoid a conflict. It was pretty tough in the old days when I had a problem with someone in the pool room, especially when I might see them every day. You had to watch your back when that happened. On here, if I have a problem with someone, I just quit communicating with them.

In the past there have been times where I also grew a little tired of posting and took a break for days and even weeks. I didn't feel the need to explain myself to anybody when that happened. I just took a break! And guess what? The world did not shift on it's axis either. :D

As my wise little sister so succinctly put it on her license plate, "C'est la vie"
Well said Jay. I'm just wondering how many here don't know about the "Ignore" function. I've used it and am sure others have used it on me. If you don't like someone's takes just Ignore 'em. You can always undo it once you're un-pissed.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?? "Stage 4 troll-cancer"?? Look, on ANY forum you're going to have personality/ego clashes. On a forum full of pool-players your "clash ratio" is gonna be higher than on a lot of other forums. Some people's "butt-hurt threshold" is just a tad on the low side. If you're going to take what's said here too seriously you're probably better off jumping ship.

I have been here on AZB since 2005 and things were VERY different back then. And by checking your profile I can see that you have been here since 2007 so you have to remember that first hand as well. The fact is that there are several pool-related groups at FB where the discussion is very civil/informative while catering to large number of members without any trolling AT ALL, for example facebook group "Mezz Cue Fans - International" has 3899 members as of today and there are no fights, no name-calling, no trolling in general because the admin does his job policing any and all unwanted elements properly - in timely manner and without exceptions. In about 18 months i have been member there I remember just one argument and even that was handled in a very civil manner. So no, you are not right in your statement, definitely not ANY forum has that "clash-ratio" you are talking about. And yes, jumping AZBs ship is certainly a thought that is keep coming more and more often in my case, I thought that my time-out in September and reevaluating my aproach to posting here would help me to re-ignite my love for AZB but the fact is that AZB became a quite toxic place to be, plain and simple...:confused::frown:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been here on AZB since 2005 and things were VERY different back then. And by checking your profile I can see that you have been here since 2007 so you have to remember that first hand as well. The fact is that there are several pool-related groups at FB where the discussion is very civil/informative while catering to large number of members without any trolling AT ALL, for example facebook group "Mezz Cue Fans - International" has 3899 members as of today and there are no fights, no name-calling, no trolling in general because the admin does his job policing any and all unwanted elements properly - in timely manner and without exceptions. In about 18 months i have been member there I remember just one argument and even that was handled in a very civil manner. So no, you are not right in your statement, definitely not ANY forum has that "clash-ratio" you are talking about. And yes, jumping AZBs ship is certainly a thought that is keep coming more and more often in my case, I thought that my time-out in September and reevaluating my aproach to posting here would help me to re-ignite my love for AZB but the fact is that AZB became a quite toxic place to be, plain and simple...:confused::frown:
There are THOUSANDS of forums that cover jillions of topics/hobbies. What i said is that a poolplayer forum is VERY likely to have more ego/pers. clashes than others. Can't really picture a doll-collector or knitting forum having too many problems but maybe i'm wrong. Some of those doll collectors can be evil sob's. Seriously, if you don't like it here what's keeping you? I just don't get the whiny posts when people do decide to hop. Are they looking for a hug or a " please come back Shane" moment? I've got pretty thick skin and i've never given a second thought to ANYTHING said to/about me here. I just laugh and fire back.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On here, it's easy to avoid the bad by just not clicking on the link/thread in question. Problem solved! We can chose the threads we want or don't want to participate in. No one forces any of us to post on here, except our own free will.

Your logic seems flawless...only with one exception: when you post in some thread or you even open a new thread you kinda want to know whats new in that one. And actually it is quite easier for me to avoid conflict in real life than here to be honest, people can be really mean online vs how they speak in real life..

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

What Jay said, Russ. Especially the stuff accented in red. You're a great resource here. And you're goodhearted and level-headed. Stick around...