U.S. Open 14.1 Title to Live Again

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Somehow I managed to win the qualifier in Monterey that Danny Barouty ran. Thanks to Danny and the host room, Easy Street Billiards for putting on an excellent event (and having good coffee). Easy Street also hosted the qualifier Danny ran for the 2015 World Tournament of 14.1.

"Doc Elliot" Eisenberg beat me in the first final match of the double-elimination event but I won some safety battles in the second to come through. The pockets were under 4 1/2 inches, so there were not a lot of high runs. Elliot and the third place finisher had 40s, and I might have gotten into the low 30s.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Somehow I managed to win the qualifier in Monterey that Danny Barouty ran. Thanks to Danny and the host room, Easy Street Billiards for putting on an excellent event (and having good coffee). Easy Street also hosted the qualifier Danny ran for the 2015 World Tournament of 14.1.

"Doc Elliot" Eisenberg beat me in the first final match of the double-elimination event but I won some safety battles in the second to come through. The pockets were under 4 1/2 inches, so there were not a lot of high runs. Elliot and the third place finisher had 40s, and I might have gotten into the low 30s.

Congratulations, Bob. Sounds like a fairly tough field. Have fun in Connecticut

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
US Open One Pocket & Straight Pool INFO

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

2016 US Open One Pocket & Straight Pool Championships

CueSports International, Henderson, NV (March 7, 2016) – CSI is pleased to announce the 2016 US Open One Pocket Championship and the 2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship. Both events will be held April 18-24 at Pool Table Magic in Windsor Locks, CT (just a short drive from the Super Billiards Expo which concludes April 17).

US OPEN ONE POCKET
April 18-21
48 players max
Entry Fee: $350
Race to 4/3, Final to 5
Added Money: $5,000 (based on 48)
Double elimination

US OPEN STRAIGHT POOL
April 20-24
48 players max
Entry Fee: $600
Race to 100/150, Final to 200
Added Money: $10,000 (based on 48)
Round Robin (8 groups of 6 – 100pt. matches)
Top 3 from each group advance to a singles elimination bracket – 150pt. matches

INVITED PLAYERS – URGENT – PLEASE READ!
Many of the 48 spots for both events are reserved for invited players through March 15 and invitations have already been sent via email. To accept the invitation, a completed entry form with a $200 (non-refundable) deposit must be received by March 15th. If you do not accept the invitation by March 15, you may lose your spot. On March 16, all remaining spots will be open to anyone. Players who believe they should have received an invitation but did not should contact CSI immediately.

All Other Players
All other players should visit the official webpage for either event (links below), download and complete an entry form, and submit to CSI immediately. You will then be placed on the standby list but not charged until you are given a spot. After March 15, all open spots will be filled by those on the standby list first in the order in which they were received. Therefore, to help secure your spot, do not wait until March 16 – Register today!

Dates & Deadlines
Invited players confirm: Tue, March 15
Remaining spots open: Wed, March 16
Late fees begin: Tue, March 29
Last day for mailed entries: Tue, March 29
Last day to register online: Fri, April 15

Miscellaneous Information
All event details including entry forms, payouts, qualifiers, and much more can be found on the following official event webpages.

2016 US Open One Pocket Championship webpage: www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-one-pocket
2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship webpage: www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-straight-pool

CueSports International (CSI) ◊ 2041 Pabco Rd., Henderson, NV 89011 ◊ 702-719-7665 ◊ 866-USA-POOL

Last edited:

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Congratulations on the win! I dropped the ball, forgot to put it on my calendar.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Attention US OPEN One Pocket and US OPEN Straight pool players

Late fees start on March 29th. Get 2 events back to back – and Allen Hopkins SBE has 2 pro events also. Up to 4 events within 250 miles of each other in 10 days helps out everyone.

There are a lot of invited players that have not responded to their invitations, however, the invited players preferred signup has expired, so now we are on a first come, first served basis. Interested parties can now sign up for these 2 prestigious events.

Date & Deadlines
Invited Players Confirm: Tue, March 15
Remaining Spots Open: Wed, March 16
Late fees begin: Tue, March 29
Last day for mailed entries: Tue, March 29
Last day to register online: Fri, April 15

For more information:
2016 US Open One Pocket Championship webpage: www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-one-pocket
2016 US Open Straight Pool Championship webpage: www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-straight-pool

The entry form for both is here:
http://www.playcsipool.com/uploads/7/3/5/9/7359673/2016_us_open_one_pocket_entry_form_fillable.pdf

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Bump and reminder:

Bumping to remind everyone of this great opportunity:

US Open Straight Pool Qualifier Tournament tomorrow at Sandcastle Billiards. Doors open at 11am, Matches at Noon. $105 entry fee. Winner gets a spot at the US OPEN 14.1 at Pool Table Magic in Connecticut!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 386

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
The invitation letters (to both events) have all gone out. If you received one, please follow the directions. The entry (w/deposit) must be received by March 15th.

After March 15th, all remaining spots will be available. PLEASE try and sign up early so there are no disappointments!

If there are any questions, contact our office at 702-719-7665. As the players commit, the website will reflect those that are in the events.

If you 'think' you were going to get an invitation, you can text me to see if your name was on the invited list. The list is made up of past winners and known players.

Here is a link to the webpages: http://www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-straight-pool.html and http://www.playcsipool.com/2016-us-open-one-pocket.html

Here is the host room - Pool Table Magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXipjRzntCU

Mark Griffin

Any update to the 13 players listed on your web site?

Mika signed up. How many more ?

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Any update to the 13 players listed on your web site?

How many more ?

i see the web page has Mika added.

14 and counting.

The tournament starts in 13 days. Some nice talent so far, but not too many players. Hopefully, many will figure it out around SBE and jump in.

Last edited:

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Congrats Jason Michas!!!

Congrats to Jason Michas for winning the 14.1 US Open Qualifier at Sandcastle Billiards last Sunday!!!

He was sent to the one-loss side in the first round and came all the way back to win it in the second finals!

Well deserved Mr. Michas!

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Top 2

14.1 US Open Qualifier Winner and Runner-up

On left, Winner: Jason Michas
On right, Runner-Up: Rhys Chen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 337

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
i see the web page has Mika added.

14 and counting.

The tournament starts in 13 days. Some nice talent so far, but not too many players. Hopefully, many will figure it out around SBE and jump in.

up to 15 players now.

Darren Appleton
Danny Barouty
Thorsten Hohmann
Mika Immonen
Bob Jewett
Warren Kiamco
Bob Madenjian
Jason Michas
Jeff Mosimann
Dennis Orcollo
Alex Pagulayan
Kyle Pepin
Tyler Styer
Matt Tetreault
Shane Van Boening

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With this group I pick da and th in the finals. I am sure barouty will finish in the top 15, unless other players are added. Just kidding Dan. I hope you do well. Wear the hat.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any stats available for qualifier tournament high runs or runs in the finals? Just curious.

Congrats to Jason Michas for winning the 14.1 US Open Qualifier at Sandcastle Billiards last Sunday!!!

He was sent to the one-loss side in the first round and came all the way back to win it in the second finals!

Well deserved Mr. Michas!

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
US Open Straight Pool

This starts April 20th.
Where are all the players????
This will be an annual event and is the revival of the most prestigious pool event in the US. Straight pool is the mother of all games ......

Hope some of the players from SBE can see the benefit of 4 events in 10 days.
Mark Griffin, CSI