My take on Mr. Dippy and Frost

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dippy, you're an action man and a pleasure to gamble with. Yes as you know I was heavily involved with Frost when he played you, I like to bet on champions, particularly when they play lesser players. I watched a total of approx 40 hrs. of pool, on two differen't occasions when you were playing Gabe and Frost, and I can honestly say that Frost handled himself as good as he has playing anyone in high dollar matches. Frost plays with great emotion, and has tendencies at times to melt down, usually something that favors his opponent. But he is much more emotional than most and should be recognized as such. All in all he handled himself well playing you, with the exception of one incident when he spit, not at you but to the side showing his anger, and I agree it wasn't a pretty site, and disrespectfull. But in all fairness that was preceded by a hotly debated situation that would of made a much stronger minded man angry. If I was an official I would of hit you both with a double technical. :shakehead:

I really enjoyed the match, not only because Frost won but you were a very entertaining player to watch, who showed a lot of class even though you weren't winning, and that's a very rare attribute. :clapping:

My summation of the matches that were played between you both was that it was very entertaining and interesting, with good, but not great table etiquette. Sessions that were filled with pressure and outstanding play by both players. But mostly by Frost who showed more fortitude, particularly in crucial situations. But he's supposed to, he's a champion. :sorry:

Thanks for the action and good luck playing your game, POKER. :happydance:

Respectfully, Bill Incardona

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever met frost? Mr incardona has done him a great justice by putting it so nicely. He can be a handful sometimes is all im saying.

I met him, he seemed really cool. But I was just curious about what they were arguing about, not about Frost's general demeanor when playing pool

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I was there for the whole thing and really enjoyed sweating it. Dippy is the real deal for sure and sends it in. I do feel if he could play his best game which is at a solid B level that many players giving this heavy weight would not get there. After some controversy I saw Dippy make the sickest comeback ever, it was like a movie, Scott sat for about 6 games in a row after being on the hill, Dippy got it back I think to plus 2 in his favor before Scott came back to win it. Oh and Billy thanks for feeding me, I really enjoyed your company bud. See you next time. :wink:

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
Billy,

Obviously your in it to get the best possible game that you can, but can you take us thru the matching up process? I wrote the post below in another thread... can you elaborate why there was so much more spot in the SVB match, then the Frost one?

Additionally, can you also tell us what the disgreement was about that brought out all of the emotion? Was it a hit on a ball?

Wow... the spot sure changed from the SVB match. Scott played Shane even bar table, yeah he lost the long race on TAR, but Scott had always won before the TAR matchup.

SVB vs. Dippy Dave. 9ball race to 13. Dave is getting breaks, ball in hand after the break, 4 ball, and last 4 for 5k a man.

Somehow that doesn't compute... he should be getting more weight than what he is.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dippy, you're an action man and a pleasure to gamble with. Yes as you know I was heavily involved with Frost when he played you, I like to bet on champions, particularly when they play lesser players. I watched a total of approx 40 hrs. of pool, on two differen't occasions when you were playing Gabe and Frost, and I can honestly say that Frost handled himself as good as he has playing anyone in high dollar matches. Frost plays with great emotion, and has tendencies at times to melt down, usually something that favors his opponent. But he is much more emotional than most and should be recognized as such. All in all he handled himself well playing you, with the exception of one incident when he spit, not at you but to the side showing his anger, and I agree it wasn't a pretty site, and disrespectfull. But in all fairness that was preceded by a hotly debated situation that would of made a much stronger minded man angry. If I was an official I would of hit you both with a double technical. :shakehead:

I really enjoyed the match, not only because Frost won but you were a very entertaining player to watch, who showed a lot of class even though you weren't winning, and that's a very rare attribute. :clapping:

My summation of the matches that were played between you both was that it was very entertaining and interesting, with good, but not great table etiquette. Sessions that were filled with pressure and outstanding play by both players. But mostly by Frost who showed more fortitude, particularly in crucial situations. But he's supposed to, he's a champion. :sorry:

Thanks for the action and good luck playing your game, POKER. :happydance:

Respectfully, Bill Incardona

Classic Billy Incardona! No one ever laid it down any better. Now this match may still have some legs to it. Unlike the Grady-Jimmy fiasco.

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go forward

Billy,

Obviously your in it to get the best possible game that you can, but can you take us thru the matching up process? I wrote the post below in another thread... can you elaborate why there was so much more spot in the SVB match, then the Frost one?

Additionally, can you also tell us what the disgreement was about that brought out all of the emotion? Was it a hit on a ball?

Wow... the spot sure changed from the SVB match. Scott played Shane even bar table, yeah he lost the long race on TAR, but Scott had always won before the TAR matchup.

SVB vs. Dippy Dave. 9ball race to 13. Dave is getting breaks, ball in hand after the break, 4 ball, and last 4 for 5k a man.

Somehow that doesn't compute... he should be getting more weight than what he is.

Red I was not there during the matching up process, but as I here it the games were made with little if any bargaining. As far as the reason for the dispute I would like to keep the lid on that can of worms and go forward. Lets put it this way, if it was a baseball game neither player would of struck out.;)

Rack em up, Bill Incardona

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red I was not there during the matching up process, but as I here it the games were made with little if any bargaining. As far as the reason for the dispute I would like to keep the lid on that can of worms and go forward. Lets put it this way, if it was a baseball game neither player would of struck out.;)

Billy,

Good post...I have been trying to do that (move forward) on the Grady/Jimmy thread on this forum...but lacking your diplomacy,
I probably fanned the flames for 100 more "very enlightening" [sic] posts..:eek:

The Duck <---still likes to stir the s**t.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Billy,

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, but some assertions have been made that probably should be addressed.

What's your take on Dippy's assertion that Scott came back from the restroom and started handling the balls, saying they were breaking clean then not so good after that? I don't understand what could be done to make the balls sticky - soap maybe?

Obviously there are some hard feelings on Dippy's end of this - of course, losing $150,000 would not be a pleasant experience I'm sure...

Chris

Last edited:

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
Billy,

Red,

I know your asking cardone his opinion/thinking on the weight involved here but everyone needs to remember a few things. First off scott lost the TAR match 150-104 or so. And if they played on a 9ft. it could've been even worse. And as far as scott's W/L record in matchups preceding the TAR match, i don't think SVB was at scott's level yet, let alone where his game has ascended to since the sessions early on.

The thinking here is that SVB is supposed to give dippy more weight then scott cause he beat the freezer by 45 games in a big $$$ match as well as SVB is imo the best american player at rotation games (A dedicated Corey in 9B, The hatchetman in 10B, or Mr. i dont fly but i do sell cars and will rack my own 9 balls not withstanding)...ok flip it between def jam and the scorpion and i believe archer would walk from marietta to play this game as well. And i am in no way disparaging scott's game as i have alot of respect for his ability and he is fun to watch when in gear as well as he's from my neck of the woo..desert + if your the best player in your state well...that DOES look good on a resume...IF a pool player ever wanted to get a job.:p

Last edited:

Craig

Custom Cue-Repair
Silver Member
Billy,

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, but some assertions have been made that probably should be addressed.

What's your take on Dippy's assertion that Scott came back from the restroom and started handling the balls, saying they were breaking clean then not so good after that? I don't understand what could be done to make the balls sticky - soap maybe?

Obviously there are some hard feelings on Dippy's end of this - of course, losing $150,000 would not be a pleasant experience I'm sure...

Chris

Moisture on racked balls is a breakers worst enemy at the table. Moisture from damp/wet hands makes the balls kinda stick together on the break causing less action from break.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red,

I know your asking cardone his opinion/thinking on the weight involved here but everyone needs to remember a few things. First off scott lost the TAR match 150-104 or so. And if they played on a 9ft. it could've been even worse. And as far as scott's W/L record in matchups preceding the TAR match, i don't think SVB was at scott's level yet, let alone where his game has ascended to since the sessions early on.

The thinking here is that SVB is supposed to give dippy more weight then scott cause he beat the freezer by 45 games in a big $$$ match as well as SVB is imo the best american player at rotation games (A dedicated Corey in 9B, The hatchetman in 10B, or Mr. i dont fly but i do sell cars and will rack my own 9 balls not withstanding)...ok flip it between def jam and the scorpion and i believe archer would walk from marietta to play this game as well. And i am in no way disparaging scott's game as i have alot of respect for his ability and he is fun to watch when in gear as well as he's from my neck of the woo..desert + if your the best player in your state well...that DOES look good on a resume...IF a pool player ever wanted to get a job.:p

Dippy was getting 5 on the wire from SVB also- at least in the set i was there for (the beginning)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Moisture on racked balls is a breakers worst enemy at the table. Moisture from damp/wet hands makes the balls kinda stick together on the break causing less action from break.

Thanks - I didn't know that.

Chris

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks - I didn't know that.

Chris

Bathroom stuff is Amateurish.
Always ask for a well frozen Beer from the bartender.You look like you are enjoying the drink and your opponent does not know your plot.Many times these frozen bottles have lot of moisture on the outside of the bottle after few minutes of exposure to the room temperatures.Then your hands get west If this does not work for you start eating potato chips and rack the balls with that grease.no one will suspect u of anything.:cool::thumbup::cool:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have been gone for a few weeks, where can I read about all the drama?

Look in The Action Room section - you have to sort through a couple of threads but the story is all there. Dippy played Shane, Gabe Owen, Bustamante, Scott Frost and I think others with large weight. he beat some of them but then went off. They were all in Las Vegas for the BCA and for the Bartram/Appleton match which Chris won.

Chris