Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Over 71

Votes: 25 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a blind poll to ascertain what the average age is of the AzBilliards Forum Member is. Its purpose is just for demographics, wondering what the average age is of our membership.

Since this is a blind poll, lurkers can vote without having their name displayed.

Please vote!

Attachments

• vote.gif
    vote.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 774

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just realized the last option should read "71 and over." The way that one reads, it omits anyone who is 71. So, if you're 71, please vote for the last option, "Over 71." :)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A number of polls like this have been conducted in the past, so it will be interesting to see how the distribution of ages now compares with what it was in the past. Maybe I'll post a list of age polls from the past.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Do you want our "real" age, or the age in which we identify with ;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A number of polls like this have been conducted in the past, so it will be interesting to see how the distribution of ages now compares with what it was in the past. Maybe I'll post a list of age polls from the past.

Don't know who else to ask.....
...Is my average age half my real age?

:smile:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't know who else to ask.....
...Is my average age half my real age?

:smile:

Sure. Let's make it true. The average of all the ages you have been, from zero through your current age, is half of your current age.

See, you thought you were kidding.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is kind of interesting (maybe).

For the 3 polls mentioned in my last post:

2007 -- 61 and over = 9%

2012 -- 60 & over = 24%

2016 -- 61 & over = 26% (so far)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is kind of interesting (maybe).

For the 3 polls mentioned in my last post:

2007 -- 61 and over = 9%

2012 -- 60 & over = 24%

2016 -- 61 & over = 26% (so far)

Interesting stats. It would appear that the majority is in the 40-to-50 age range so far. :cool:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Only ~27% are under 40 as of this post (I'm 39, so I'm still in this demographic for now, yippee). Does that support the theory that less youth are playing pool? Or does this mean that less youth are coming to this site? Or does it mean nothing?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's an age poll from 2007 (and 2010) with 509 responses. The median age was in the 36-40 category: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=58705

And here's one from 2012 with 202 responses and a median in the 45-49 category: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=260251

For this current poll, with 144 responses so far, the median is in the 46-50 category.

If you were to disect this strictly from this data it does not look good. It shows that possibly the core group is aging out without adding " new blood ". However, looking at the current poll it looks near perfect. It hits all age groups that should be established with disposible income. Take that how you will. Way too small of a sample.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, it has been 2½ weeks since the poll started, so we may have gotten most of the votes by now.

With 249 votes, the median (the one in the middle) would be the 125th age. It happens that 125 voters are 0-50 and 124 are 51+. The 125th, then, is in the 46-50 group. But if the ages were shown by single ages rather than in groups, it's likely that the median would be right around age 50.

And ages 61 and over now account for 29% of the respondents.