Updated list of world top 100 players

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 7.17.59 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 7.17.59 AM.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,927

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Certainly interesting to see, little Ko's jump is quite a big one.

I seem to remember seeing a calculator somewhere where you could
find out if, say, Wu was playing Shaw race to 11 what the expected score
would be. Is that still available somewhere?

Regards, Dave

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw a couple of Oi's matches. He made three amazing full-table jump shots in one game. I expect he will continue to rise in the ratings. Here is a funny interview with him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar04axrdJpw
He was very serious during his matches.
I think he is from Japan, though.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Mike,

Any difference between PHI and PHL? (I assume it's all Philippines, but didn't know if there was some distinction).

-td

I'm not Mike, but..

A PHI flight lands you in southeast Asia and a PHL bound flight lands you in...cheesesteak country?

Eric >not much, but all I've got

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Looking at the list, it's kinda sad that out of 360mm ppl in the US, the best we could do is 3 players in the top 50.

Eric

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not Mike, but..

A PHI flight lands you in southeast Asia and a PHL bound flight lands you in...cheesesteak country?

Eric >not much, but all I've got

lol...

PHI was an old ISO code for Philippines; PHL is correct, and we will have to clean that up

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
What about Enrique Rojas 811 -- is it because he doesn't have enough games played?

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Certainly interesting to see, little Ko's jump is quite a big one.

I seem to remember seeing a calculator somewhere where you could
find out if, say, Wu was playing Shaw race to 11 what the expected score
would be. Is that still available somewhere?

Regards, Dave

No!!!! not at all. That is directly in the sights of Fargo!!! Do NOT DUCK WITH IT!!!!!

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The true , real question is - Is MIKE ready to disclose his REAL Meaning and intentions for Fargo Rate???

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
bs . ...........

You've been hanging around with our friend ".1" for too long!

It's definitely NOT bs. You can see exactly how you compare with anyone else--based on REAL data and not someone's "impression" from watching them play a few matches against a few people in a fraction of their recent activity.

You can claim it's some evil trap that's going to suck you in, take all of your money, and then take over the world...meanwhile, reasonable people all over the US are using the data to run fair, successful tournaments that are consistently filling up like the ones here in Arizona run by Jack Murray.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Ko Ping Chung leapfrogging past Chang Jung Lin makes little sense based on the players both defeated (and their own Fargo ratings) and the losses they incurred.

Chang had wins over both Shaw and SVB, and outscored SVB in game wins over the course of the tournament. Shaw is very high in Fargorate and SVB is the second highest Fargorate player. Chang also drilled Oi, who himself jumped a huge number of spots despite what Chang did to him. Chang only lost one match, and it was a rematch of the 11-4 drubbing he had given SVB earlier. Ko had wins over lower Fargorate players and lost two matches, one to Yang, a lower level Fargorate player and one fairly bad loss to Pagulayan, who again is lower Fargorate then SVB.

Yet Ko goes up 27 spots to Chang's 17 spots and actually passes Chang in the Fargorate after Chang gets 2nd place and won the A-side undefeated?

If that is "working as intended" I think that needs some looking into.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the maximum rating a person could conceivably earn using this rating system?

What is the highest anyone has ever obtained?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poor Johann Chua. His fargo rating went down a pt b/c his visa got denied to go play at the USO.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko Ping Chung leapfrogging past Chang Jung Lin makes little sense based on the players both defeated (and their own Fargo ratings) and the losses they incurred.

Chang had wins over both Shaw and SVB, and outscored SVB in game wins over the course of the tournament. Shaw is very high in Fargorate and SVB is the second highest Fargorate player. Chang also drilled Oi, who himself jumped a huge number of spots despite what Chang did to him. Chang only lost one match, and it was a rematch of the 11-4 drubbing he had given SVB earlier. Ko had wins over lower Fargorate players and lost two matches, one to Yang, a lower level Fargorate player and one fairly bad loss to Pagulayan, who again is lower Fargorate then SVB.

Yet Ko goes up 27 spots to Chang's 17 spots and actually passes Chang in the Fargorate after Chang gets 2nd place and won the A-side undefeated?

If that is "working as intended" I think that needs some looking into.

Ko's "wins over lower-rated players" are a little more impressive than your statement suggests.

He had wins over
Kaci (758),
Oi(788),
Kang (759),
Chinakhov (776),
Souquet (789),
Moore (746), and
Wilkie (748).

Importantly, though, his combined record for these 7 match wins is 77 to 31. That's 7 matches wins with an average opponent score of 4 and change.

He is still going at Steinway. Before losing to Shaw, he had wins over Kun Lin Wu, Hsieh, Morris, and Vilmos.

Chang also lost to Shaw at Steinway, but then followed it with a loss to Chinakhov as well. So Chang is out.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
What about Enrique Rojas 811 -- is it because he doesn't have enough games played?

Are you getting stats from Oscar's Mezz west tour? I saw Rojas play, the 811 you have him at is about right. He is a world class player and kicks like a Filipino.