A Proposition For All Of My Vcash.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
If any player on this forum can drain Vernon Elliots cross side or cross corner bank as diagrammed in the beard's book you can have all of my Vcash. I would put up a serious wager with actual money, but I am a school teacher with two kids. I would like to have video evidence of the shot.

Usually I am able to hit any single shot within a modest number of attempts. I absolutely can not do this shot the way freddie diagrammed it. Bob Jewett gave me a pointer to no avail.

Anyways I think it is a good proposition shot. It is definately not a hanger.

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will look it up

If it is the shot I am thinking about then I have seen it on video. I will look in my beard book and see.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I see it between the calendar and chat buttons....

the cross corner shot is what I'd like to see...

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And also on the last try he actually sets it up a ball farther from the side pocket! Holy Crap!

PeteW

Registered
I stumbled upon that video awhile ago when he was trying to sell his laser sighted aiming gizmo that he used to make the banks.
I forget his name or where I found it, but I do know I have seen it and the cue caddy aiming dealey was actually for sale.

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
good lord, that's absurd. I need therapy after seeing those banks. Is he just spinning the ball in? Just plain spin to accomplish it seems to almost break the laws of physics. The thin cut video was also pretty slick. I make that ball about 3%.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Is it possible to give another person your V-cash?

If it is, I think I am going to panhandle some and see if I can get my Vcash bankroll up a bit so I can take a shot or too. Maybe I'll get a V-cash MLM scheme going :D

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is another video

I have seen a video where the one in the corner is made and then 2 more balls are pocketed (they are hanging in the side and the corner opposite where the ob was first located). It is on Bert Kinisters hustle video.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I don't think anyone would follow through with the bet when you pull out that monster apparatus.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
mnorwood said:
If any player on this forum can drain Vernon Elliots cross side or cross corner bank as diagrammed in the beard's book you can have all of my Vcash. I would put up a serious wager with actual money, but I am a school teacher with two kids. I would like to have video evidence of the shot.

Usually I am able to hit any single shot within a modest number of attempts. I absolutely can not do this shot the way freddie diagrammed it. Bob Jewett gave me a pointer to no avail.

Anyways I think it is a good proposition shot. It is definately not a hanger.
Besides Joe Tucker's video, I posted one of me making Elliott's cross-side bank. Both that shot and Efren's impossible cut were discussed in an earlier thread. The search word "vernon" ought to get you there.

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
uwate said:
Is it possible to give another person your V-cash?

If it is, I think I am going to panhandle some and see if I can get my Vcash bankroll up a bit so I can take a shot or too. Maybe I'll get a V-cash MLM scheme going :D

I got your back dude, How much you need? I can give you up to half of my bankroll.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
mnorwood said:
I ... Usually I am able to hit any single shot within a modest number of attempts. I absolutely can not do this shot the way freddie diagrammed it. Bob Jewett gave me a pointer to no avail....
Dr. Dave (Alciatore) just did some high-speed video of the shot. He can measure the angle of the balls at collision and the angle the object ball comes off the cushion. In one sequence, the cue ball is cutting the object ball only 70 degrees relative to the cushion, so you expect the bank to come off the cushion 20 degrees ahead of straight across. Instead, The object ball comes off the cushion about 11 degrees backwards! This means that the outside spin on the cue ball changed the angle of the object ball by 31 degrees.

ericyow

WPA Masse World Champion
Silver Member
I still don't understand why the shooter shoots INTO the rail before making the impossible bank. It seems as if that would make it harder. I can't get to a table right now or I'd play around with it.

-yow!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ericyow said:
I still don't understand why the shooter shoots INTO the rail before making the impossible bank. It seems as if that would make it harder. I can't get to a table right now or I'd play around with it.

-yow!
I think this was posted before, but...

I did not shoot into the cushion when I was shooting the shot.

So far as I know, Vernon Elliott never shot into the cushion to make the shot.

I asked Joe Tucker why he was shooting into the cushion, and he said it was because the laser-fixture-thingie he was shooting with did not allow him to play the shot the normal way. He shot into the cushion out of necessity. It was not his choice.

On the other hand, it is clear that the shot can be made both ways, and I think the record for toughest angle is by shooting into the cushion. One hand-waving explanation has been offered (over on CCB) about why this might get better spin on the cue ball.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
So does this require straight outside (and a lot of it)? What speed do you need to shoot the shot?