★ world 9 ball championship ★ qatar★

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yukio is playing right now in the finals of his last-chance qualifying tournament. He trails another player from Japan (Shiraiwa Atsushi) 3-4.

Edit -- Akagariyama hung a not-so-tough 5-ball and is now 2 games down 3-5. Race is still just to 7.

Edit 2 -- Game 9 -- Shiraiwa took a LONG time deciding what to do after the break. He then either missed a shot on the 1-ball by a country mile or made a lousy safe. Akagariyama ran out to bring it to 4-5.

Edit 3 -- Game 10 -- B&R ties it 5-5.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now behind 3-5 ,Looks like Yukio has to pull another rabbit out of hat like he did in the quarterfinal match 2 matches ago
He was behind caught up to hill-hill.His opponent snookered him on the 2 ball. With CB close to rail, he jumps the 2 ball into centre pocket and runs out :D

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin Cheng almost out.
His opponent on hill and breaking

Yukio now 5-5 but his opponent is brreaking :D

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Akagariyama is getting some rolls. Missed a cross-corner bank on the 1-ball and slopped it in another pocket. Ran out for 6-5 lead.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And he did it. B&R to win 7-5. Akagariyama won 11 matches (and lost 2) to make it to the main event! Good going to the ex-champion!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Similar story lines for Yukio and Kevin
Both behind came back and snapped it
They are both thru to main draw 128
Well done. FInally Yukio gets into main draw this year :grin-square:

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am thinking to bet $ on Jeffrey Ignacio and Shane for winning this event, ratio is 1:3 for Jeff (bet $1000 will get extra $3000 if he won (plus your original bet $1000, total $ is $4000)) and 1:1.5 for Shane at my local pool hall.

Minimum bet is $1000

What do you guys think WHICH ONE I SHOULD BET?

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
those seem like very bad odds for you given how many players are in the event?

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
those seem like very bad odds for you given how many players are in the event?

Sorry I bad English I have not placed bet yet and thing think between these 2 players because they are my favorites.

What do you think? Jeff or Shane (they also have Carlo Biado for 1: 2.8 LOL)

There are also of course bets for individual match but the rate is very low, you will never get 1:1, always 1: 0.7 or 1: 0.8 doesn't matter who you bet on (for example if Shane plays an unknown weak player then rate for Shane is 1: 0.2 and for other guy: 1: 0.8)

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mean... imagine a bracket of 128 people. That's seven rounds. Even if you have a 90% chance of winning every round, you are more likely to lose the tournament than win it. And in a tournament like this, eventually individual matches are going to be more like 50/50 or 60/40, not 90/10.

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry I bad English I have not placed bet yet and thing think between these 2 players because they are my favorites.

There are also of course bets for individual match but the rate is very low, you will never get 1:1, always 1: 0.7 or 1: 0.8 doesn't matter who you bet on (for example if Shane plays an unknown weak player then rate for Shane is 1: 0.2 and for other guy: 1: 0.8)
Lol they are ripping people off. Sport betting website usually have, for example, 1:0.2 for the fav and 1:3.5 for the other.
Calculation is easy, if Shane 80% fav in a match then the odd should be 1:0.25 for you to make a fair bet. Booker usually take a small number off that fair bet odd and make it, for example 1:0.2 so they will surely make money in the long run.
Same for the other guy, if the guy can only win 1/5 of the time the you should make 4 time as much (not counting your bet) if you bet on him, again for a fair bet odd.

Good luck and bet wisely :)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
here they are:

Yukio Akagariyama (Japan)
Al Yousef Adullah (Kuwait)
Fahad Khalaf (Brunei)
Cheng Yu-Hsuan (Chinese Taipei)
Liu Ching-Chieh (Chinese Taipei)
Chao Fong-Pang (Chinese Taipei)
Omar Alshaheen (Qatar)
Oliver Medenilla (Philippines)
Matey Ullah (Norway)
Francisco Felicilda (Philippines)
Jeffrey Ignacio (Philippines)
Wu Kun-Lin (Chinese Taipei)

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member

Sounds like those bookies can take a walk.

That is just stealing...

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin Cheng played most matches all possible 15 matches in 3 rounds. Got into final in all 3 rounds , lost first 2 rounds to Filipinos then squeaked thru to main draw in 3rd round qualifier final by just 1 rack in a hill hill final. The refs must be tired of seeing him at tables nonstop
:D

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Kevin Cheng played most matches all possible 15 matches in 3 rounds. Got into final in all 3 rounds , lost first 2 rounds to Filipinos then squeaked thru to main draw in 3rd round qualifier final by just 1 rack in a hill hill final. The refs must be tired of seeing him at tables nonstop
:D

ironically, those who play a lot in the qualifiers tend to go far in the tournament. remember last year, waleed majid went through to the qualifiers and was unstoppable all throughout the event until the last-16 where he lost to Johann Chua, who also came from the qualifiers. Then in the quarters, Chua lost to Elmer Haya - who also fought through the qualifying stage. :grin:
Cheng, Akagariyama, Ignacio, Medenilla will probably play strong in the group rounds - they know the tables, they have a feel of the cloth and the rails, and they have adapted to the playing environment.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
quote-"winners don't make excuses when the other side play the game"

By the way, do you and all who complain about whatever it is actually watch the matches ?

There are still way too many dramas in these matches, choking, missing super easy shots, scratch on the break, bad break... you name it, from world class pros. Stop talking non-sense about easy break easy game etc when they choke the shit out grinding game after game.

Why don't we just enjoy the game ?

Best,

Please, watching the alternate break format is like watching cribbage or bridge or something. Sure there's drama if you force yourself to look for it, but more often than not it's just mundane.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Please, watching the alternate break format is like watching cribbage or bridge or something. Sure there's drama if you force yourself to look for it, but more often than not it's just mundane.

Totally agree on alternate break....this is the world championship, for Heaven's sake...
....it ain't the APA where everybody wins a prize.

What's next?.....loser break?