10 Foot Pool Table in Las Vegas! ...at Best Billiards LV

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone tell me how many ten foot pool tables are there in the USA - approximately? I'll accept guesses, just after a "ball park" figure. Cheers!

During my days of travel to play pool, I remember seeing one in CJ Wiley`s pool room in Dallas and another one in Lexington,KY ( don`t remember the name of the room ). I hope that my memory is not a false memory. I am not sure:cool:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i cant wait to get to town and play on that box, WOw I might come earily nd stay a few extradays.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
I would love to see some top notch one pocket streamed using that 10' table.

--Jeff

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
The only 10-foot tables I've seen in person are snooker tables with the snooker rails and pockets. I have not run across very many 10-foot pool tables in the U.S.

I'd venture to guess there's less than a hundred 10-foot non-snooker pool tables in the United States.

You and Keith came by my house and played on my table! Its a ten footer. Not a conversion because the snooker rails are very thin. Mine are very wide and thick with original pocket irons,

KD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
The only 10 foot table ive played on was a beautiful brunswick 10 footer at Chalkers in SF. Boy do I miss that place :frown:

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We have one that is about 100 years old here in KC at Raytown Recreation center, they call it Big Bertha and keep it in excellent playing condition. Although it could definitely have smaller pockets it is still a pleasure to play on.

I played on one at CJs in the 90's and one somewhere in Houston. I enjoy playing one pocket on a 10 footer is it good to give people a "blood test" by leaving them a length of the table straight in shot with your hole covered with balls. Next time I am in Vegas I will definitely try to make it over to play some on this table.

Thanks Max
-don

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You and Keith came by my house and played on my table! Its a ten footer. Not a conversion because the snooker rails are very thin. Mine are very wide and thick with original pocket irons,

KD

And Kid Dynomite also has one!:embarrassed2::p

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KD

Now I know why you can execute all those "reach" shots so well on the piddly 9-footers. :D

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll guess there may be as many as 50 10 foot pool tables for public use in the U.S. and probably another 50 or so 10 foot pool tables in people's homes. These are some pretty wild guesses though.

The 10 foot tables converted to snooker tables are a lot more common.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking for CA

I've been in pool rooms throughout California, from San Diego to Crescent City, and the only 10 footer I've seen was at Rebco Billiard Faire in Clovis (near Fresno). It was beatiful and well maintained. But get this - they wouldn't let me play on it!!! The guy behind the counter said it was reserved for the "A" players. I told him, "Don't you know who I am?" Of course I'm a nobody but I really wanted to get on that table. Still, the guy stuck to his guns. I left the place letting him know he queered his business with me and I never went back. I'm not even sure the place is still in operation.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the majority of the 10 foot tables left in the US are snooker tables you could probably get a rough estimate of how many there are by looking at this snooker site which lists the tables in the US and their sizes:
http://www.findsnooker.com/

what is the purpose of heating a table?

Heat helps to keep moisture out of the cloth. Even though the room is located in a desert environment, there are, unpredictable variables, such as, A/C issues, the use of food service steam tables, and even thunderstorms. Keeping the bed heated to at least 9F higher than the ambient temp eliminates those issues. And, it makes for greater consistency, faster play, truer banks / kicks, and precise ball action.

Heated tables are required for all carom tournaments under world rules. They're an absolute must for serious 3 Cushion players.

Interestingly enough, it seems that the first heated billiard tables were designed to slowly bring up the extremely expensive ivory balls to a sufficiently warm state (and maintain that temp). This was done to prevent "shocking" the ivory and resultant cracks. It was only later that the other benefits became apparent.

I'd love to see Brunswick and Diamond offer a heated slate option.

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
Heat helps to keep moisture out of the cloth. Even though the room is located in a desert environment, there are, unpredictable variables, such as, A/C issues, the use of food service steam tables, and even thunderstorms. Keeping the bed heated to at least 9F higher than the ambient temp eliminates those issues. And, it makes for greater consistency, faster play, truer banks / kicks, and precise ball action.

Heated tables are required for all carom tournaments under world rules. They're an absolute must for serious 3 Cushion players.

Interestingly enough, it seems that the first heated billiard tables were designed to slowly bring up the extremely expensive ivory balls to a sufficiently warm state (and maintain that temp). This was done to prevent "shocking" the ivory and resultant cracks. It was only later that the other benefits became apparent.

I'd love to see Brunswick and Diamond offer a heated slate option.

I have heard of stuffing an electric blanket under the slate to heat it.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
then the corner pockets aren't uniform, because when I put two balls into one of the corner pockets, they got held up about halfway back to the pocket. It seemed, at most, 1/8" wider than the pockets on table 2 next to it.

thats correct, there are 2 big pockets and 2 small pockets, Ermanno told me he is aware of that problem and it will be fixed. I played on it for 10 minutes test hitting a cue. When its set up correctly its going to be a great table. 10' tables are fun for sure, especially 1P.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-
-
I guessing some guy named Ermanno...no idea where he is from....
There loss'
-
Rob.M

Ermanno ownes the room-he isnt a table mechnic. He imported some guy from Italy to install it, there are issues with the way the cloth is folded at the pocket facings too. It will be fixed.