11 cue neighborhood****************

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great cues as usual, absolutely LOVE the Boar. Whats the most effective way of getting the drool out of my computer? Thanks for the pics!

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
The two Bushkas and the Gus Szamboti. The reason is because I will take an old school design over anything. My favorite of the three is the Gus because I love the design and the ringwork.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey

I did try to put a good cross section of cues in this group. :grin: It didnt seem to make the choices that hard tho. We all have our idividual tastes and likes, as was shown by your choices.......I personally like the old traditional as well as the newer more intricate and everything in between....I guess I am hopeless..LOL

A lot of people went for the traditional old cues tho.......
thanks for all the input

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I look at that array all I see are the Gus and Bushka's.
I just like old school I guess.

the manzino is the most original

I'm not so sure. Given the range of cuemakers there and the designs that they are known for, I'd have to say the Gracio and the Mottey strike me as the most original out there.

But hey! To each his own!

I LOVE that Mottey though! Its freakin' gorgeous!!!!!!

bogey54311

"cheese"
Silver Member
cantando as a fancy cue.
bushka as a old style players cue.
great collection steve.

chris G<------amazed

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Gus, then the Hercek, then the Manzino, then the Mottey....

Scott

Last edited:

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely that last cue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats Ernie's Rasputin cue, right? That is such an understated, elegant cue and would definitely be my player if I had something like that.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
BB and Gina!

I really like the Black Boar and the Gina. They are all awesome though!

--Jeff

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
I like the...

1) Mottey, because I have never seen one like it from Paul
2) The Manzino because I could have seen (due to your documentary), how it was built and also because it is one of the nicest segmented handled cues
3) The Cantando owing to the extensive use of ivory and silver and these make a perfect match when it comes to appearance
4) The Gus because of the overall appearance and the A-ring that looks just ingenious
5) The Boar because of the superb point-work, I can pretty much see the blank with those deep-knifed points
6) The Gracio as this has been another step up in his career and owing that particular item is always extraordinary
7) The Bushka... well, I don't like it too much... Okay, I am just kidding :D, its beauty lies beneath the clear coat and everyone has to appreciate that
8) I like this cue because it reminds me of a song I like listening to and that track's title is Propane nightmare - well, this cue is pretty much colored like propane
9) This cue shows the ingeniousity of George Balabushka, using so few shapes and creating so distinctive designs with them - although the pattern is rather simple, the overall looks is extremely elegant and fancy
10) I've been longing for a merry widow cue with a relatively small number of inlays that still give a shape, a theme to the cue and this is exactly it.
11) The Rasputin Gina, with its hair-thin silver veneers, shows the talent and knowledge of Ernie in the best possible way - therefore it is a must-have piece in every collection.

To sum it up, I think that the overall diversity of this close, 11-piece community of cues is the most desirable thing as it shows very-very well how much talent do we get to experience from today's and the near past's master craftsmen. Something, that everyone should appreciate, just like fine art.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
look at this little community of eleven cues. I wouldnt mind living in this part of town..lol

okay.....can you pick a favorite and tell us why?????????
Steve

img_3362-1.jpg

img_3365.jpg

img_3367-1.jpg

they are....mottey, manzino, cantando, gus, black boar, gracio, bushka, byrne, bushka, hercek, gina
wow without a doubt the manzino can SPOT the rest of the cues the 7 ball.