16 Players Put up $2000 each. Race to 21 Who Will win it???

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
Internet issue solved. Back in full quality at 1pm cst

I can vouch for that. The stream was sharp and smooth after Ray found the full-quality solution late last night.

P.S.
4 of the top 5 players from the calcutta lost their first match. This is getting dramatic!

-Blake

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Courtesy of Brandon Shuff on FB. Hennessee defeated Rodney. Rodney was down 10-2 and managed to get it to the double hill, but Hennesssee wins the last game for the match. Strong win right there! If he wins, I hope they put his correct name on the check. ;)

But there's still the B side of the chart in this double-elimination, so Rodney can still rise to the top.

Attachments

• 10254022_234760713392324_3903526040307412905_n.jpg
    10254022_234760713392324_3903526040307412905_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 447
  • 1505322_234760726725656_8239170331963675139_n.jpg
    1505322_234760726725656_8239170331963675139_n.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Courtesy of Ray aka BigTruck.

Attachments

• 10170985_10201666093044125_74246424685966575_n.jpg
    10170985_10201666093044125_74246424685966575_n.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 845

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A top player recently told me that he thought the field should be opened up but I disagree. This number of players (16) is just right. For those who didn't get in early enough, they will be chomping at the bit for the next one.

Think BigTruck should be planning on the next one.

GREAT IDEA!

This is being streamed on www.poolactiontv.com, right?

JoeyA

I agree that it should be held to 16 players for the same reason. Players should be hoping to get in.

Also... suppose these events could get 10K in sponsors. I love the idea of a king of the hill also at each event that carries over from tournament to tournament. The winner of this tournament is king of the hill then starting next tournament there will be a supermatch after the tournament for 10K between the king of the hill and the player who just won the current tournament. The winner of the supermatch wins the bonus 10K and the title of King of the hill until the next tourn.

I would even prefer if the king doesnt play in the next tournament and sets and watches the tournaments as he waits for an opponent.

Who can hold title of King of the hill the most consecutive times?

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I agree that it should be held to 16 players for the same reason. Players should be hoping to get in.

Also... suppose these events could get 10K in sponsors. I love the idea of a king of the hill that carries over from tournament to tournament. The winner of this tournament is king of the hill then starting next tournament there will be a supermatch for 10K between the king of the hill and the current tournament champion. The winner of the super lmatch wins the bonus 10K and the title of King of the hill until the next tourn.

I would even prefer if the king sets and watches the tournaments and waits for an opponent.

Who can hold title of King of the hill the most consecutive times?

While the idea of a King of the Hill sounds attractive, I would lean toward a conservative view, much like what White Diamonds of Lafayette, La has done: Don't change what ain't broke. This seems to be working QUITE WELL. I would let this stay just like it is. The public seems to like it. The players seem to be chomping at the bit. Let's ride this a ways before "improving" on it.

The attraction to me is NOT to see who is the best of two players even in the long run. It is to see which of the 16 players holds themselves together on an easy playing bar table when ANY one of these PLAYERS can win this event. Rodney Morris almost performed a Lazarus against Johnathan Pinegar Hennessee being down 10-2 and coming back to hill-hill. These type of reversals is the excitement that pool needs. And maybe this is the why Johnnyt. You have a better chance of seeing this in a tournament of 16 players than a tournament of two.

Look, I LIKE the idea of King of the Hill but I wouldn't risk changing anything and I would utilize the attraction that is already right before our eyes before adding to it.

JoeyA

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
Latest updates.....45 minutes ago

Skyler up 18-4
Morris lost
Whitey-Saez 10-10
Frost won over chuck
13-8 duel
10-7 gray
8-6 justin

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
A lot of these supposedly good players will come up short in a race to 21, and some of these up and comers bh will tighten playing a real pro or two. This thread has named 5-6 players that they swear will be in the top 3. I think Corey gets beat by an up and comer, Oscar and Brandon Shuff can't go the distance, Pinegar doesn't have enough talent, forget Walker and Roach, dead money, and I think 2 of 3 of Bowman, Joey Gray, and Chip Compton end up in the top 5. Morris and Saez will be playing Sunday.

I will have to say The Rocket over Bowman in the final.

And yes, I am not forgetting about Bergman, who I hear plays lights out. Sky I havben't seen play, and I did forget about Shane MeMinn, who has been shooting good lately.

Hennessee does have enough talent. WTF?????????????????? This guy has beaten A LOT of world champions. Ignorant statement. Look at the results.............he beat your favorite to win the whole in the first round. Lol :grin: