19 Year old Shannon Daulton vs the MIZ

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
Thanks for the link Double D.

Shannon was playing the Miz in the finals of a tournament and as they shook hands, Daulton asked him if he wanted to bet anything! The Miz declined....

Shannon Daulton is pretty cool.

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Ardeno said:

Shannon was playing the Miz in the finals of a tournament and as they shook hands, Daulton asked him if he wanted to bet anything! The Miz declined....

I believe the young Mr. Daulton asked Mr. Mizerak if he wanted to do a saver before the finals. Mr. Mizerak, thinking the kid didn't stand a chance of beating him, declined. I seem to recall hearing that Mr. Mizerak laughed when Mr. Daulton asked him about the saver but I'm not positive about that.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
tigerseye said:
Just wondering what 1-12-09 never forget was? :D

Are you saying you missed the tragic departure (and subsequent return) of CUEJUNKY?!?!?!

My friend, we can never forget.....

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
the420trooper said:
Are you saying you missed the tragic departure (and subsequent return) of CUEJUNKY?!?!?!

My friend, we can never forget.....

True that, never forget.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
UrackmIcrackm said:
I believe the young Mr. Daulton asked Mr. Mizerak if he wanted to do a saver before the finals. Mr. Mizerak, thinking the kid didn't stand a chance of beating him, declined. I seem to recall hearing that Mr. Mizerak laughed when Mr. Daulton asked him about the saver but I'm not positive about that.

I heard that Shannon asked the Miz if he wanted to bet some cheese on the final match. Mizerak declined, and went on to lose. Shannon has the heart of a lion.

Earl Strickland told a story about Earl walking into a bar, and seeing a 13 year old kid walk up to the bar, and order a beer, like he owned the place.
The kid got his beer, sat down next to Earl, and said, "My name's Shannon Daulton, and one day I'm going to be a world champion pool player". Turns out he was right....

Nobody has the balls that Shannon had, or has. He's one of my favorite players of all time, and I wish he would get back to playing tournaments, so the world could know how good this guy can play.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Ardeno said:

NEVERMIND, POINT MISSED

Last edited:

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oneshotwiss said:
Cool? In my opinion, asking somebody if they want to bet something on the side before a match is nothing more than another sharking technique. There is a time and place for "playing some" but thats not either one. I'm not saying Shannon is a bad guy by any means but just has bad timing.

Why? I used to do it all the time. Playing in mostly small events where the difference is like $100 between 1st and 2nd I would ask if you want to do anything? Some did some not. No one ever got pissy!

Also I would offer to split it if I knew the other guy well, or we played out of the same room......why not, its just an offer.....not a shark.

G.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerry said:
Why? I used to do it all the time. Playing in mostly small events where the difference is like $100 between 1st and 2nd I would ask if you want to do anything? Some did some not. No one ever got pissy!

Also I would offer to split it if I knew the other guy well, or we played out of the same room......why not, its just an offer.....not a shark.

G.
NEVERMIND, POINT MISSED

Last edited:

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
the420trooper said:
I heard that Shannon asked the Miz if he wanted to bet some cheese on the final match. Mizerak declined, and went on to lose. Shannon has the heart of a lion.

Earl Strickland told a story about Earl walking into a bar, and seeing a 13 year old kid walk up to the bar, and order a beer, like he owned the place.
The kid got his beer, sat down next to Earl, and said, "My name's Shannon Daulton, and one day I'm going to be a world champion pool player". Turns out he was right....

Nobody has the balls that Shannon had, or has. He's one of my favorite players of all time, and I wish he would get back to playing tournaments, so the world could know how good this guy can play.

I have had the opportunity to hang out with the Famous Daulton for a couple days...He is a cooking machine! '
His idea of cooking is the same as playing pool...NO HOLDS BARRED!! Him and his lady Marge can throw a meal together that u would think it was thanksgiving....
There is nothing halfway when it comes to Shannon and Marge..... They really know how to do it right...
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

macneilb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oneshotwiss said:
So if I tell you there was a bomb scare at the pool hall right before our match so you have that on your mind during our match...is that sharking? Some people have class and some dont...what can I say?

bomb scare...totally unrelated to pool. side bet...a little more related ;). there's nothing un-classy about asking a guy if he wants to put a little on the side? you're competing aren't you? why not put a couple dollars on the side and kill two birds w/ one stone? are you not supposed to talk about anything before you play because it might apparently be distracting? can't even talk about current events? the weather?

it's pool...there will be gamblers who will ask you to gamble, and shannon is one of the best. i don't mean to be offensive, but there's nothing wrong w/ putting a side bet out there - you're not doing it to "shark somebody", you're doing it to maybe make a buck or two b/c you think you can. If anything, it should make the other guy play better!:rolleyes:

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
macneilb said:
bomb scare...totally unrelated to pool. side bet...a little more related ;). there's nothing un-classy about asking a guy if he wants to put a little on the side? you're competing aren't you? why not put a couple dollars on the side and kill two birds w/ one stone? are you not supposed to talk about anything before you play because it might apparently be distracting? can't even talk about current events? the weather?

it's pool...there will be gamblers who will ask you to gamble, and shannon is one of the best. i don't mean to be offensive, but there's nothing wrong w/ putting a side bet out there - you're not doing it to "shark somebody", you're doing it to maybe make a buck or two b/c you think you can. If anything, it should make the other guy play better!:rolleyes:
NEVERMIND, POINT MISSED

Last edited:

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oneshotwiss said:
Either you missed the point or your just that good...bomb scare, your wife having an affair, the world coming to an end or whatever. Just something else for your opponent to think about while he is getting his mind set to play a match. Make friends and gamble after the match. You certainly are entitled to your opinion as well but in my opinion, bad taste and timing. Anybody got my back on this one?

I have to agree with the other guy, the bomb scare or whatever else are all non-pool related, but the side wager isn't. I don't really consider it sharking, not to say that some people might not try to use it as such. I've had players ask me if I wanted to bet on our match, even in the finals of a tournament and I never thought of it as sharking. If I felt I was in stroke I took the bet, if I wasn't playing well I simply declined and never gave it a thought during the match.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
derekdisco said:

i have been luckey enough to meet them both,

I spent an hour with th Miz he was great I was 18-sadly I didnt play good enough to be his rack boy, but he treated me so good and gave me great business advice, I was asking him millions of questions about his K-Mart deal etc. I have followed some of that advice to this day and it isnt a streach to credit him and others with my success in business. We didnt talk about pool much. I credit alot of alot of people for helping me create what I have created, with out people like Miz taking time with me, I wouldnt be here. To this day I'm only as good as the people who help me.

I'm also very proud to call Shannon a friend. Were alot alike. When he is in his world(the pool room) he sits there holding court-you know when he is in the pool room. I dont over step my bounds and yield to him, most of the time I'm the guy holding court, its nice to be watching and not the center of attention(i mean that in a good way). Shannon is King in the pool room when he is there. Marge is great too!!! I love both of them like family and support/endorse their work in pool.

ok enough ass kissing for one night i gotta go hit some balls, :D

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
i have been luckey enough to meet them both,

I spent an hour with th Miz he was great I was 18-sadly I didnt play good enough to be his rack boy, but he treated me so good and gave me great business advice, I was asking him millions of questions about his K-Mart deal etc. I have followed some of that advice to this day and it isnt a streach to credit him and others with my success in business. We didnt talk about pool much. I credit alot of alot of people for helping me create what I have created, with out people like Miz taking time with me, I wouldnt be here. To this day I'm only as good as the people who help me.

I'm also very proud to call Shannon a friend. Were alot alike. When he is in his world(the pool room) he sits there holding court-you know when he is in the pool room. I dont over step my bounds and yield to him, most of the time I'm the guy holding court, its nice to be watching and not the center of attention(i mean that in a good way). Shannon is King in the pool room when he is there. Marge is great too!!! I love both of them like family and support/endorse their work in pool.

ok enough ass kissing for one night i gotta go hit some balls, :D

I swear that im playing good enought right now you wont dare give me weight in any game when i get there friday.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby said:
I have to agree with the other guy, the bomb scare or whatever else are all non-pool related, but the side wager isn't. I don't really consider it sharking, not to say that some people might not try to use it as such. I've had players ask me if I wanted to bet on our match, even in the finals of a tournament and I never thought of it as sharking. If I felt I was in stroke I took the bet, if I wasn't playing well I simply declined and never gave it a thought during the match.
NEVERMIND, POINT MISSED

Last edited: