2 Girls, a Mustang, and the Road

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone watch the guys that played last night after Rhea's match didn't happen? It was dreadful to say the least. The comments in the chat were more fun the that match.. LOL

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
I have already determined that Jerry is the only guy at Skinny Bob's that I can play even with, I will need spot from anyone else who is willing to play for $20 or higher. If the game is made right, I will play any woman in Texas while I am here.

I did not play Frank last night for a good reason, I don't care that I was being staked by a total stranger, but this was a trap. They were laying down on the stream. Frank is one of only three Grand Master players at Skinny Bob's. He is four to five balls better than I am, and I will not dump any backer. I have no shot at playing even.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Last Night

People werent pissed about what happened (or didnt) last night it was how it happened. Alot of us scrambled around to get things in place and Frank was up there all day. If you knew you didnt want to play him you should have just said so and not wasted our time. What set me off was coming up there later and picking off the obvious fish. Also, your assesment of the other players skills is overly generous and I think anyone that took the time to watch last night would agree. Frank probably does play better than you but the way you describe him, he would have to give you the last 4? :eek: really?

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Grand Master

'Grand Master' sounds a little klanish (just sayin). I'm assuming that's league talk.

Frank can play but he's far from a champion.....

sr 9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People werent pissed about what happened (or didnt) last night it was how it happened. Alot of us scrambled around to get things in place and Frank was up there all day. If you knew you didnt want to play him you should have just said so and not wasted our time. What set me off was coming up there later and picking off the obvious fish. Also, your assesment of the other players skills is overly generous and I think anyone that took the time to watch last night would agree. Frank probably does play better than you but the way you describe him, he would have to give you the last 4? :eek: really?

I followed you since you've been with gene. What a waist of time, sitting around a couple hours waiting to watch the match... I'm sure I wasn't the only one on AZ.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Did anyone watch the guys that played last night after Rhea's match didn't happen? It was dreadful to say the least. The comments in the chat were more fun the that match.. LOL

I watched it for about an hour.

This morning I couldn't pocket a straight-in shot from 3 feet away.

But I sure hit 'em hard!

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
'Grand Master' sounds a little klanish (just sayin). I'm assuming that's league talk.

Frank can play but he's far from a champion.....

She is saying he is a BCA Grand Master level player. They have a list on their website but I wouldn't include Frank in that group. I am curious who she thinks the other two are. He would be in the Master category with most of the other guys who give up a game in the Sunday ten ball tournaments.

Gotboost95

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching Frank play both days. I think he was banging balls on purpose Sunday night to try and get some action out of the tourney.

When he was warming up yesterday his speed had increased. I think you guys were close to even if not him a slight edge. I said watching you guys that I thought it was a coin flip. I did think it was crap you guys were warming up together. There's is a difference with gambling and stealing. I understand your on the road and have to win to eat and live. but a 4-5 ball spot is stealing.

Up here in the northwest I've played with BCA master level players who I believe play better then Frank. I look at grand masters as pretty much pro level or very very close to that. Frank was not even in most Master level speed in my opinion. unless he was still trying to get action and dogging everything.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Skinny Bobs Speed

There are actually several BCA Masters and Grand Masters that play at Skinnys but none on the stream. Everyone knows who they are and they dont dog balls to get into $100 sets. I looked up the BCA list and it needs updating but one thing that is funny is Strop and LD are only listed as Masters. :rolleyes: Al, Strop Jr. plus some more are listed as Grand Masters.

Banks

Banned
I was watching Frank play both days. I think he was banging balls on purpose Sunday night to try and get some action out of the tourney.

When he was warming up yesterday his speed had increased. I think you guys were close to even if not him a slight edge. I said watching you guys that I thought it was a coin flip. I did think it was crap you guys were warming up together. There's is a difference with gambling and stealing. I understand your on the road and have to win to eat and live. but a 4-5 ball spot is stealing.

Up here in the northwest I've played with BCA master level players who I believe play better then Frank. I look at grand masters as pretty much pro level or very very close to that. Frank was not even in most Master level speed in my opinion. unless he was still trying to get action and dogging everything.

Things also vary wildly from state to national level as well. There's about as big a difference in masters as there are in the APA 7's and even then they can still be considered national Open-below players. I didn't see the Frank guy, but what it sounded like is that he was a B player. If somebody steps up and is willing to give a 4-5 ball spot against somebody that they have any info on, that's their own fault.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still crappy to say you`re going to the store to pick up something real quick when you didnt have any intentions of playing and have everyone on the stream wait around for over an hr.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
I don't have a car. My intention was to go to Walmart and get dropped back off. The driver, a friend of mine, had her own separate plans, we waited in a long line at the money center so I could deposite a good chunk of my bankroll for safe keeping. Then we waited in an even longer line for the self check out, yes the Austin Walmart was extremely packed and under staffed. Then we waited in a long line for pop eyes drive through, then she went home to eat, feed the dogs, feed the fish, then dropped me off at skinny in that order.

Gotboost95

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go to page 7 at the top there is a link. the first video on the left is them warming up. the guy with the stripes and hat is the supposed grand master Frank and Rhea said she would need a 5 ball spot to be fair. Rhea is the one in the hat and black shirt practicing also.

And to be clear there were some of us watching for several hours. And we got treated to a couple apa 2's bagging shit around for a $100 set that took 15min per game. Towards the middle of that same video.

Nothing against Slomo thanks for the stream btw!

Last edited:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I don't have a car. My intention was to go to Walmart and get dropped back off. The driver, a friend of mine, had her own separate plans, we waited in a long line at the money center so I could deposite a good chunk of my bankroll for safe keeping. Then we waited in an even longer line for the self check out, yes the Austin Walmart was extremely packed and under staffed. Then we waited in a long line for pop eyes drive through, then she went home to eat, feed the dogs, feed the fish, then dropped me off at skinny in that order.

Under the circumstances, pretty inconsiderate of you both...ya think?

J

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I waited for the Rhea-Frank match just like everyone else....but, I don't get the hostility. Rhea doesn't owe me anything. If the match comes off, it happens. If not, so what? I don't remember being asked to pay admission.

Besides, since Rhea-Frank didn't happen I got to watch two guys who shoot even worse than I do. I didn't think that was possible. :rolleyes:

clydeNbonnie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rhea

U knew the match was at 6 and yet u couldn't deposit money earlier that day. I think u went in there thinking u had the nuts, practiced, then when u saw all the messages on the chat seeing u had the worst of it, u decided to jump bail. Then when u saw him practicing that solidified ur answer to not play. But you kept everyone out of the loop even Slomoholic who might have had other things to do, like rest from the weekend. U do have quite a few fans on AZ that r rooting for u and a few non believers that aren't. Either way u let alot of viewers high and dry by not saying early enough that u didn't want to play. That's all I have to say about that.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I have already determined that Jerry is the only guy at Skinny Bob's that I can play even with, I will need spot from anyone else who is willing to play for $20 or higher. If the game is made right, I will play any woman in Texas while I am here.

I did not play Frank last night for a good reason, I don't care that I was being staked by a total stranger, but this was a trap. They were laying down on the stream. Frank is one of only three Grand Master players at Skinny Bob's. He is four to five balls better than I am, and I will not dump any backer. I have no shot at playing even.

First, if Jerry is the only guy you can play even with, you need a LOT more practice, and right quick. I would not let that guy play on my league team.

PS: For the record I did bet on you last night with another AZB member :)

Last edited:

Birriards

Banned
LOL at everyone trying to chime in and guilt trip her. She was def in the wrong by leaving a few people hanging, but do you really think that she will take accountability for that?

This is a person that abandoned their car, apartment and job for some pipe dream to play pool. She didn't care about responsibilities with the banks and landlords, what makes you think she's going to apologize to you all?

She's a clown, and lecturing won't help that

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
U knew the match was at 6 and yet u couldn't deposit money earlier that day. I think u went in there thinking u had the nuts, practiced, then when u saw all the messages on the chat seeing u had the worst of it, u decided to jump bail. Then when u saw him practicing that solidified ur answer to not play. But you kept everyone out of the loop even Slomoholic who might have had other things to do, like rest from the weekend. U do have quite a few fans on AZ that r rooting for u and a few non believers that aren't. Either way u let alot of viewers high and dry by not saying early enough that u didn't want to play. That's all I have to say about that.

How much did you spend on the PPV?

Snuden

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Rhea have watched Color Of Money one or two times too many?
"Going on the Road" and playing for $20 a set???