2 Girls, a Mustang, and the Road

Horsetrader

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Rhea spot him 1 game on the wire, but try to get him to play a race to 7 instead of 5.

That was a very smart move Rhea, when he ask for a spot, you gave him the very less spot possiable, the 1 st break in each set!

Yea, it's smart for you to offer a small spot and dumb for him taking it, but remember the amount of money bet seems low. My point is, it seems like it would be easy to bait you up, then raise the bet and go in for the kill. I'm sure you're a smart lady who knows what she's doing though. from the Horsetrader, amateur player but LOVES to gamble

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Yea, it's smart for you to offer a small spot and dumb for him taking it, but remember the amount of money bet seems low. My point is, it seems like it would be easy to bait you up, then raise the bet and go in for the kill. I'm sure you're a smart lady who knows what she's doing though. from the Horsetrader, amateur player but LOVES to gamble

I understand the concept, but I don't make the majority of my games anymore. For the most part I'm being either staked or steered by people I trust now.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Kim got a buy her second match. I admit I was very rattled playing Sheri, she plays the perfect pace to throw me off, I am a very fast player normally, and I do play better usually than I did against her. I would not gamble with anyone that plays that slow ever. At least I calmed down the last two racks and won seven to five to move forward to the next round. There is a of of money in this tournament, the most I have ever played for.

I watched over half of the match out of curiosity. I won't comment a bunch on the level of play because I've learned that for me anything but the highest level of play is kind of hard to watch and I trust you know your game and know you weren't playing at a high level.

But about the pace of play. In my opinion the pace of your opponent was barely slower than average and nowhere near a level that you can allow to throw off your game. Yes she does an odd thing repositioning both chalk cubes as if they are chess pieces but people do far more distracting things with chalk.

Think about the 5 or 6 really easy shots where you missed a shot you should never miss or left your cue ball way differently than you planned. Maybe learn from Sheri...when a ball is right next to the pocket, walk down an take a look at it. You can't tell from the far end if it's frozen to the rail or a quarter inch off and it makes a big difference to both picketing the ball and getting position for the next ball. So yes, Sheri is a deliberate player but at times you maybe played too quickly to the point of even getting sloppy.

Free advice worth every penny. I've enjoyed following your journey, good luck as it continues.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on up to Bankshot in Louisville, Ky. You can match up with several people and play for as much as you want.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a great old school pool room in Odessa, TX called the golden cue. They have four or five 7ft diamond smart tables, one 9ft gold crown 3 and six oversized 8ft gold crowns. All tables have new simonis. The owner really takes care of the place. There's always action there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My grandfather's family is from Odessa, used to own a hardware store (if I'm remembering correctly); don't hear much about there often.

I wish you continued good luck on the road Rhea, sounds like it's going very well!

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
I watched over half of the match out of curiosity. I won't comment a bunch on the level of play because I've learned that for me anything but the highest level of play is kind of hard to watch and I trust you know your game and know you weren't playing at a high level.

But about the pace of play. In my opinion the pace of your opponent was barely slower than average and nowhere near a level that you can allow to throw off your game. Yes she does an odd thing repositioning both chalk cubes as if they are chess pieces but people do far more distracting things with chalk.

Think about the 5 or 6 really easy shots where you missed a shot you should never miss or left your cue ball way differently than you planned. Maybe learn from Sheri...when a ball is right next to the pocket, walk down an take a look at it. You can't tell from the far end if it's frozen to the rail or a quarter inch off and it makes a big difference to both picketing the ball and getting position for the next ball. So yes, Sheri is a deliberate player but at times you maybe played too quickly to the point of even getting sloppy.

Free advice worth every penny. I've enjoyed following your journey, good luck as it continues.

This is really good advice, but I doubt if she will take it.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Not for nothing but when I clicked on this thread I thought there were going to be some naughty photos....LOL

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
Is these a stream for the Tourney today?

look on live stream forum. title great weekend for live pool.

ming ng playing gail eaton now tied 4-4

Thanks for posting the link!

Ming defeats Gail 7-6

Hotseat match coming up in a few minutes:
Rhea vs Ming

EDIT: For some reason, they called the hotseat match on the back table, not the TV table. :confused:
We'll see Kim Pierce vs Barbara Wisdom on the TV table, but we can see the hotseat match in the background.

-Blake

Last edited:

sr 9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rhea needs to slow her back swing down and maybe use a slight pause. Too much of a trigger finger. shes a good shot, but on some shots she is hoping for the shape instead of "feeling" it. Using a controlled stroke...
just my two cents.

Birriards

Banned
Rhea needs to slow her back swing down and maybe use a slight pause. Too much of a trigger finger. shes a good shot, but on some shots she is hoping for the shape instead of "feeling" it. Using a controlled stroke...
just my two cents.

Rhea needs to quit and get a job b/c she is never going to be good at pool. This is brutal.