2011 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

Monkey-Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made a 26 last night before messing up a positional shot. I had a tough ball to have a try at and it hit the knuckle of the top bag. I was plum on the next ball as well :(

My best is 33, which I got about 2-2.5 years ago. Since then I stopped playing straight as I was playing/practising 9 ball more. Started to take it up again recently. Its always been a game I like.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member

I made a 26 last night before messing up a positional shot. I had a tough ball to have a try at and it hit the knuckle of the top bag. I was plum on the next ball as well :(

My best is 33, which I got about 2-2.5 years ago. Since then I stopped playing straight as I was playing/practicing 9 ball more. Started to take it up again recently. Its always been a game I like.

Monkey-Boy.......... LOL....Good name. I'm almost afraid to ask why you picked that name....LOL
26 is a good start. Hang in there, it will lead to improving your 9 ball game and the higher runs in 14.1 will come in time.
Good Luck, keep us posted on your achievements. Make sure you read the comments of the players here on the Forum about different subjects that come up.

PS; As for me, just started practicing again this week after having my table apart for over a month for repairs & new cloth. I am hitting a lot of runs in the 40's & 50's so far. Nothing better as of right now. It's coming.

Monkey-Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monkey-Boy.......... LOL....Good name. I'm almost afraid to ask why you picked that name....LOL
26 is a good start. Hang in there, it will lead to improving your 9 ball game and the higher runs in 14.1 will come in time.
Good Luck, keep us posted on your achievements. Make sure you read the comments of the players here on the Forum about different subjects that come up.

PS; As for me, just started practicing again this week after having my table apart for over a month for repairs & new cloth. I am hitting a lot of runs in the 40's & 50's so far. Nothing better as of right now. It's coming.
Its a nickname I was given when I first started playing :p I used to cue with the cue right under my body, thus forcing my right elbow pointing way out...and my friends said I looked like a monkey and its stuck ever since LOL

I plan on playing a lot more 14.1 when I practice on my own. Hopefully it wont be long before I beat my 33!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Managed to get the whole run on video (720p) but while editing the rest of the session out, I somehow deleted it by accident.
Buddy, you'd better work with a copy of the record instead of the original. Sure thing though, next time you will be editing a better run ;)

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Its a nickname I was given when I first started playing :p I used to cue with the cue right under my body, thus forcing my right elbow pointing way out...and my friends said I looked like a monkey and its stuck ever since LOL

I plan on playing a lot more 14.1 when I practice on my own. Hopefully it wont be long before I beat my 33!

Certainly you can achieve your goal. There's a lot of good discussion on this forum regarding key concepts in straight pool. Learning them will make running balls a lot easier. I've focused for the first time on learning to play proper straight pool by going through this stuff and my game has improved immensly. I haven't had any big runs yet this year but I can feel one coming.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A 57 in league. It's the first time I've played 14.1 since about October. Too much work and travel.

Good luck to the DCC players. I hope there's a 200 so Greg has to shell out the bonus.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Still enjoy to make some balls again-
after some "20 s" finally made a 44. Teasin me a bit that i m still not able to find a comfortable stand all the time :(
But feels so good to shoot some balls now from time to time:smile:

lg
Ingo

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member

59 on Sunday January 23rd. Ended on a close shot. I could've sworn I had room to get the CB past the 5 and to the OB cleanly but it thinned the 5. Grrrrr.....

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Ron:

Believe me-- i m praying and swearing this since decades..........the balls and pockets are moving if you don t look at ´em permanently :p

Anyway a nice run^^

lg
Ingo

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
thanks for adding my recent run, felt pretty good this weekend. hope this keeps up !

-Steve

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Oi Steve :)

grats for the76-nice run- seems your high run will be reached this year!

keep shootin,

Ingo

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Oi Steve :)

grats for the76-nice run- seems your high run will be reached this year!

keep shootin,

Ingo

Thanks to my friend from across the river... I am vying to at least knock lipsky off his perch in second place. That would accomplish my highrun as well. Nothing like taking out 2 birds with one stone !!!!

Steve

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Played the first *matches* now; not really *big runs* but feels good to run (uhm, kidding myself..more crouching, lol) around the table.
First game 37, 24, 24 -and in the second game 24, 26, 35, 21.
Now after waking up i feel like i ve done the Iron Man.....lol-but it was the pain worth :p

keep shootin,

Ingo

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hussa,

today run 53 and a 41. Made really fun to play-unfortunatley more than 1hr or 1 1/2 hr to hard to play. hope condition will come back again :)

lg
Ingo