2013 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I joined a 14.1 league and last Monday night we had the first meet and greet and we played a game just for practice and I ran 29 and out on my opponent. So now I'm going to play every Monday and I will report.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
33 today in a league match. Not much but my high for the year.

camera was off......:mad:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monday night at league my opponent needed 1 ball and I needed 28 balls.
He says to me when he missed"I only need 1-no pressure on you" I been doing this for 50 years Fu I"m thinking -I know what you are doing.
So I run 25 and number 26 is a combo which would leave 2 balls out in the open. I make the combo but misjudge where the combo ball gos and I have no shot on it. The only shot I have with the cue ball froze to the rail is a tough cut on the 10 in the side. I miss the 10 and leave him nothing to shoot. But don't you know it he finds a combo in the stack and makes it :angry:
So I run 26 and can't get out.:frown:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Keep Going....

He says to me when he missed"I only need 1-no pressure on you" I been doing this for 50 years Fu I"m thinking -I know what you are doing.
So I run 25 and number 26 is a combo which would leave 2 balls out in the open. I make the combo but misjudge where the combo ball gos and I have no shot on it. The only shot I have with the cue ball froze to the rail is a tough cut on the 10 in the side. I miss the 10 and leave him nothing to shoot. But don't you know it he finds a combo in the stack and makes it :angry:

I feel your pain. I enjoyed reading your post. That was a great attempt of a come back & to lose it so close. If it will make you feel better. I lost my last league match and ran 48 balls on my last inning at the table.
Tonight, I practiced for a while and was shooting everything in the pockets. I lost count of racks but I do believe I had at least three 60 something runs. Need to keep that stuff up.
Good Luck to you.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel your pain. I enjoyed reading your post. That was a great attempt of a come back & to lose it so close. If it will make you feel better. I lost my last league match and ran 48 balls on my last inning at the table.
Tonight, I practiced for a while and was shooting everything in the pockets. I lost count of racks but I do believe I had at least three 60 something runs. Need to keep that stuff up.
Good Luck to you.

You ran 48 in your last inning at the table and lost?
Who the hell were you playing?
OK just read the thread-it was 9balljim-sounded like a good game for a rail bird to watch.

Last edited:

Piratejethro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
26 ball run

Brickyard Billiards in Indianapolis, Brunswick Gold Crown 9'. My high run for the present, not my highest ever, but will do for as bad as I am shooting now.

Jim Notestine

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member

What a Shark artist. It would have been so sweet to shove that win up his a#$!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member

Nice run by 9balljim & a good run by our own Dennis. (I like the comment when the cue almost went into the side pocket at the end of the run....LOL).

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
wow today I ran more than I have ever done - four full racks of straight pool, which counts for 56. Failed to make a ball on a side pocket break. The only downfall to that was I missed three times during that run :eek::smile: These were balls I am supposed to make like 90 out of 100... Two of them required reverse spin. So nothing to report which could best my 26 of the year... But still very satisfied with my patterns and position play (and the breaks, yeah, which I more often miss than make). Makes me more confident I am capable of running my first ever half-century.

Last edited:

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
wow today I ran more than I have ever done - four full racks of straight pool, which counts for 56. Failed to make a ball on a side pocket break. The only downfall to that was I missed three times during that run :eek::smile: These were balls I am supposed to make like 90 out of 100... Two of them required reverse spin. So nothing to report which could best my 26 of the year... But still very satisfied with my patterns and position play (and the breaks, yeah, which I more often miss than make). Makes me more confident I am capable of running my first ever half-century.

Nicely done even though it wasn't on one inning. But hey, you averaged over 10.0 during those innings, that's really strong! :thumbup:

Hector3cushion

Hector
Silver Member

Ran 28 on April 20 during the straight pool league. NO video, but have detailed inning information recorded on BilliardsBuddy :grin-square:
Other non-relevant stats: Average 2.43; misses 17:sad: ; safeties 14 and fouls 3

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
44 today at West Chester Billiards (in practice right after running 26/out in a game to 50) sorry no video...