2015 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Good job. Did you get it on video?

No unfortunately I didnt but it was during a game, I have to start recording my sessions again. I miss doing that, especially now that I am implementing so many changes in my game. I would like to compare the 2 styles.

I owe a lot of my progress to my good friend and fellow 14.1er at Bayshore Billiards, we have been doing some work talking out ways through racks. Seems to be really helping my thought process even when we are not doing it.

Hopefully I will back to recording soon !!

Steve

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No unfortunately I didnt but it was during a game, I have to start recording my sessions again. I miss doing that, especially now that I am implementing so many changes in my game. I would like to compare the 2 styles.

I owe a lot of my progress to my good friend and fellow 14.1er at Bayshore Billiards, we have been doing some work talking out ways through racks. Seems to be really helping my thought process even when we are not doing it.

Hopefully I will back to recording soon !!

Steve

That's great! I think talking through racks is very valuable for both players especially if they are of similar skill levels.
Looking forward to seeing some video.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I think it was January 7th when I ran 20 balls. What is interesting about this run, I managed to get past two breaks :eek: :grin: 4 balls from the first rack and 2 from the third. If only I could stop missing balls that should be made...

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
finally starting to get back in the groove! ran a very clean 40 tonight, 1/20/15. ended because when i had to nudge 2 balls apart i got 2 others tied up with only 4 left on the table. then missed position by a *hair* getting on them with a very long 2-cushion shot to the only spot they could be made, but instead ended up nestled against them with no shot. shame, it was a beautiful break ball, and if i got on them it was an easy out from there.

playing very well, though; last night i hit 2 28's and then what was either a 37 or a 51, but i wasn't keeping track well enough to feel i could claim it. they were all in close succession, too, so very encouraging.

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Very good shooting my good friend, made me real happy to read this !!!

Sounds like your game is really progressing !!!

Keep it up
-Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Put me down for 72 on 2/8/15.

Ran 35 & Out for the game and kept going after and tacked on 37 more to make the 72.

-Steve

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Put me down for a 63

I havent been playing much lately due to my daughter being born 7 months ago and a huge promotion. That being said i played some one hole about two weekends ago and last weekend ,6-Feb-15, I put up a 63 on my first attempt. Missed a combo in the stack that I had to back cut a little.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Hi All! Post your 2015 runs in this thread and I'll keep this first post up to date with everyone's high run. No need to private message me unless you're trying to hide from group feedback! This list is for regular posters here on AZ Billiards. Videos are always in demand and generate good discussion and I'll post links if you upload them. Good luck all!

2014 Challenge Results
2013 Challenge Results
2012 Challenge Results
2011 Challenge Results
2010 Challenge Results
2009 Challenge Results
2008 Challenge Results
2007 Challenge Results
2006 Challenge Results

1. 224 - wrldpro, Jan 2
2. 94 - eekster24, Jan 1
3. 91 - marop, Feb 6 VIDEO-91, VIDEO-74 :thumbup: