2016 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Here's the video. I finally got some rhythm and focus after dogging one 9 ball. The end is classic, caught a side pocket point on the way down and got hooked. When in doubt, ride the 9!

https://youtu.be/FVCUFjGm2vM

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-Ball Ghost Challenge 7-0

Hello Brothers,

Well, it took me longer than I anticipated. If anything could go wrong in a match it happened here, racks 6 & 7, but somehow, by the grace of the Good Lord, I pulled it off. Here is the match, 7-0.... 9-Ball ghost challenge. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3JRKi5SYts

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GHOST CHALLENGE RULES:
(Rules in bold are different from last year)

Race to 7 (or more if you like)
Break, take ball in hand and try to run out
9-ball rules (hit lowest ball first, flukes count)
Runout or early 9-ball (combo/carom) is a win for you
Miss or foul is a win for the ghost
Cue ball fouls only
9 ball on the break OR on the BIH shot after the break - not a win, the 9 spots up
Break scratch - all balls made spot up on the foot spot, take ball in hand and continue
No restrictions on racking (magic rack, pattern racking are okay)

8-ball - take BIH from the kitchen after breaking
10-ball - Call shot, flukes don't count

Pro version - No BIH after break, break scratch is a loss of game

Video uploads are not required to participate, but encouraged if you have the means to do so.

Please post your score (you-ghost), date, table size/pocket size, and a link to your video (optional). Happy shooting!

Scores are listed in the main post with the information below:
Score (Win%), Member Name, Date, Table Type, Pocket Size, Video Link, Post Link (Past Scores)

Nice updates. I gonna try someday play all ghosts through on one day. 8,9 and 10 ball... And pro versions after that.

Ps. Strong shotmaking Side Pocket. Gratz.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played 3 sets today.

Lost 3-7
Won 7-4
Won 7-6

Got the 7-4 recorded, but my phone died during the 7-6 win. Which is unfortunate, because I came back from being down 4-6. Break hill-hill, make 5 balls (including the 9 which spots), and ran out for the win.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I edit my videos I mute the sound. Only way I have found for me that it works on youtube, without any hassle. It sucks to be silent, but it is what it is.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I think putting on pool videos in the background is a great idea... or maybe some instrumental music or something that wouldn't be affected by copyrights.

...or if you're a bad singer, you can just sing along and youtube's music search robot won't recognize the song.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It's the music. It'll block it for people in other countries.

Good shooting by the way. You're older than I thought. What are you, like 78? :p

Yes, so show some respect for your elders, because some day you may be able to play that good too.

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did play 10-ball pro Ghost today and beat him 7-6!! Woohoo.
I had chance to go 7-5 but i dogged it. Managed to do best break to hill hill and run set to home.
My break timing was therebul today but I was quite lucky to see 1-ball quite often.
I got it video and I upload it probably tomorrow..