2016 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did play 10-ball pro Ghost today and beat him 7-6!! Woohoo.
I had chance to go 7-5 but i dogged it. Managed to do best break to hill hill and run set to home.
My break timing was therebul today but I was quite lucky to see 1-ball quite often.
I got it video and I upload it probably tomorrow..

Nice! That's our first 10 ball pro version win.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a set Jan 17 and lost 6-7 :(
I played a set today, Jan 20, and lost 6-7 :(

(There were other sets with much worse scores that I did not keep the video file)

I'll have to try again after the Derby:)

clydeNbonnie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/3-56NPHP7WQ

Darn posted in wrong thread. Didn't see 2016 was made.

Race to 5. 12 ball ghost for my old friend peppersauce. 9' gold crown 3. Diamondized rails 4 3/8" pockets. Old cloth. Not an easy table. Trust me. First video of me playing the 15 ball ghost was done in 2009 with a good video recorder. This one done last night using my phone. That's why it's a race to 5, instead of a longer race. Thanks Jess. It was fun.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/3-56NPHP7WQ

Darn posted in wrong thread. Didn't see 2016 was made.

Race to 5. 12 ball ghost for my old friend peppersauce. 9' gold crown 3. Diamondized rails 4 3/8" pockets. Old cloth. Not an easy table. Trust me. First video of me playing the 15 ball ghost was done in 2009 with a good video recorder. This one done last night using my phone. That's why it's a race to 5, instead of a longer race. Thanks Jess. It was fun.

Awesome shooting!

Just a note, for this year's rankings, wehad too many different games last year, so we've cut the games down to 8, 9 and 10 ball (regular version with ball in hand and pro version without ball in hand), but still you're welcome to post any videos of any games. Thanks!

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my Pro 10-ball 7-6 win.

https://youtu.be/ul7mkpfFtzI

Little bit info: I had no music and place was closed but one other guy can come practice Snooker too and he turned on some Faith No More so I take audio out.. :sorry:
I also Edited racking out and some longest thinking or measurement are speeded or shortened.

Also I was on slump 2 weeks before that match and I tuned my stroke a lot day before I shoot this match.
Also outside was -30 Celsius and that my practice table is so near emergency exit it was really cold .. maybe 16-18 Celsius and table was playing really slow.
Anyways I was happy about this match because I could pull it home after hard 2 weeks and Tomorrow we have Finnish 10-ball Champs with whopping 144 players. I think it is record how many players we have so far.

My table is tough 9 footer(modified) Sam. Quite similar pockets as Orcollo vs Ko match. Maybe tad easier but not sure.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Played the Ghost tonight. I played pretty good, won 7 - 3. This video is worth watching. 9' table and 4" pockets. Except for a couple of brain farts, it could have been better.

https://youtu.be/R9MBfPIrvPA

As BeiberLvr pointed out, I am an older guy, age 62. There is no reason or excuse that age makes you play worse. All it takes is a desire to play and practice and some good health. Below is a pic of my pockets. You have to be in dead stroke to beat the ghost on this table.

Attachments

• Pocket.jpg
    Pocket.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,138
Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played the Ghost tonight. I played pretty good, won 7 - 3. This video is worth watching. 9' table and 4" pockets. Except for a couple of brain farts, it could have been better.

https://youtu.be/R9MBfPIrvPA

As BeiberLvr pointed out, I am an older guy, age 62. There is no reason or excuse that age makes you play worse. All it takes is a desire to play and practice and some good health. Below is a pic of my pockets. You have to be in dead stroke to beat the ghost on this table.

I'll be happy if I'm playing half that well in 30 years.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Very nice, sir! Are your pockets shimmed or do you have extended rails? I'm asking because I think I'm going to tighten mine up when my cloth needs to be changed.

The cushions were replaced by Ernesto Dominguez with Artemis. Although it is a major job and more expensive, in my opinion it's well worth it. The pockets are tight but accept decent shots. I had shims on a previous table and it wasn't the same.

I'll be happy if I'm playing half that well in 30 years.

BeiberLvr, I have a daughter your age. We're going to Jacksonville in March to watch baseball. My younger daughter's boyfriend is a pitcher for Penn U and we're going to watch opening weekend. I know it's a long way for you but if you want to get together, meet half-way, or know of any really nice pool rooms out there - it will be my treat.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Little bit info: I had no music and place was closed but one other guy can come practice Snooker too and he turned on some Faith No More so I take audio out.. :sorry:
I also Edited racking out and some longest thinking or measurement are speeded or shortened.

Also I was on slump 2 weeks before that match and I tuned my stroke a lot day before I shoot this match.
Also outside was -30 Celsius and that my practice table is so near emergency exit it was really cold .. maybe 16-18 Celsius and table was playing really slow.
Anyways I was happy about this match because I could pull it home after hard 2 weeks and Tomorrow we have Finnish 10-ball Champs with whopping 144 players. I think it is record how many players we have so far.

My table is tough 9 footer(modified) Sam. Quite similar pockets as Orcollo vs Ko match. Maybe tad easier but not sure.

Going to watch it later on today after golf, can't wait!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

That is some really fine shooting and an amazing accomplishment. I wouldn't think it was possible on a tight table. You worked through the problems and made many excellent choices. Congratulations!

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is some really fine shooting and an amazing accomplishment. I wouldn't think it was possible on a tight table. You worked through the problems and made many excellent choices. Congratulations!

Thanks!
I just played some AMRO ghost. And after that 9-ball pro ghost... I'm so pissed right now because I opened that 4pack bnr... After that I lost 5-7...ggrrrr
Won't probably upload it I got some 4packs from nine ball races..

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Thanks!
I just played some AMRO ghost. And after that 9-ball pro ghost... I'm so pissed right now because I opened that 4pack bnr... After that I lost 5-7...ggrrrr
Won't probably upload it I got some 4packs from nine ball races..

I tried the 9 ball pro ghost on my table last night. I'm still working on a reliable break. It's coming around, but it may take a while to post a win. In some ways I wish I had an easier table but I also know overall best thing for my game is a tight table.

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
OP updated with all the new scores. Some nice wins and great vids as well.

I've had to take time off pool for family reasons, but hopefully I can get back into it sometime down the road. I'll be living vicariously though your guys' videos in the meantime ;)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
7-6 win against the 10-ball ghost.

It could've been 7-4, but at 6-4 the 3-9 were kind of clustered up near the corner. I BARELY had room to make the three, but it was doable. I tried to spin it in, but clipped the 9. Made the three but...oh well.

The video is heavily edited. Almost all the dead space is gone between shots and I fast forwarded 16x normal speed during the racking. I was able to cut a 40 something minute video down to 20 minutes.

https://youtu.be/BizIVXBbE_w

I also played some music...just acoustic guitar and classical. Lets hope the vid doesn't get blocked.

Very enjoyable to watch and nice shooting!

This is really great practice.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7-6 win against the 10-ball ghost.

It could've been 7-4, but at 6-4 the 3-9 were kind of clustered up near the corner. I BARELY had room to make the three, but it was doable. I tried to spin it in, but clipped the 9. Made the three but...oh well.

The video is heavily edited. Almost all the dead space is gone between shots and I fast forwarded 16x normal speed during the racking. I was able to cut a 40 something minute video down to 20 minutes.

https://youtu.be/BizIVXBbE_w

I also played some music...just acoustic guitar and classical. Lets hope the vid doesn't get blocked.

Nice shooting and great camera angle. Only thing what could be better is that you had TV-set of balls. Many times I had problems to identify patterns due dark similar colors.