2016 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won't probably upload it I got some 4packs from nine ball races..

I decided to upload my 5-7 loss to 9-ball ProGhost after all. :eek:
I learned quite a lot when I was analyzing my mistakes afterwards.. So I then edited match for Tube. No sound because Iron Maiden is playing...

I lost my temper and cool and that got me little careless and that is all Ghost need for comeback! :(

I open game with 4-pack and somehow can still lose it.. One missed 8-ball shows nicely how tough pockets are. Just little careless and you are done mister! :(

here is link:
https://youtu.be/2E6gRS2W5zo

processing atm.
Probably takes some time until YouTube get it HD... probably 1 hour from this post.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I learned quite a lot when I was analyzing my mistakes afterwards.. So I then edited match for Tube. No sound because Iron Maiden is playing...

I lost my temper and cool and that got me little careless and that is all Ghost need for comeback! :(

I open game with 4-pack and somehow can still lose it.. One missed 8-ball shows nicely how tough pockets are. Just little careless and you are done mister! :(

here is link:

processing atm.
Probably takes some time until YouTube get it HD... probably 1 hour from this post.

That's real strong to start with a 4-pack on the pro ghost!
And you're right, once you start fighting against yourself, it becomes a huge uphill battle aganst the ghost, or any opponent really. I think that's what's great about this kind of practice because you can work on both your physical and mental game at the same time.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

here is link:

processing atm.

I tried the 9 ball pro ghost last night. I was tied 5-5 then lost 2 very quickly including a scratch on the break. Decided not to upload or submit this. I'm using a soft break just trying for a shot on the 1 ball. I am getting a little better at controlling the 1 ball but this is tough. I'll keep trying, I guess.

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Finally got some table time in last nite... Been watching a lot of Earl vids lately and notice he sometimes talks about getting rid of the side pockets, so I thought I'd try taking on the Earl Strickland Ghost (shoot into corners only, no side pocket shots). It's great practice, and pretty challenging as well. Best I could manage was a 5-7 loss... after being up 4-1 :angry:

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not bad. I mean, you took 1/3 of your scoring opportunities away. I've never tried it but it sounds tough.

I think I set some kind of record last week. I lost 7-0 to the pro 9-ball ghost in just over 8 minutes. :yikes: Scratched on the break twice, missed my opening shot twice, and was hooked after the break three times, lol.

Sounds like you played a Filipino ghost.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peppersauce, I just recovered my table/rails with the same cloth as before. The rails play a bit different now but as the cloth gets broken in they will be back to the same. To answer your question on what kind of rails are on my table, I took a picture.

Attachments

• 20160206_071619.jpg
    20160206_071619.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 683

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 Ball Ghost Challenge 7-1 Pro Version

Hot night tonight.

3rd attempt at the 8 ball ghost challenge I ran 6 racks and missed a simple shot before the 8 ball to make it a 7-0 win. I did not proceed to try and win 7-1 because I scratched on one of the games and that would not have been the pro version. Here is the video if you would like to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQPcN_IQJk

The very next attempt I ran 3 racks no BIH, 4th rack I scratched and took ball in hand but missed a difficult shot in the side pocket. I then proceeded to run the next 4 racks with no BIH, here is my Pro Version 8-Ball 7-1 Ghost Challenge. Hope you enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9z2hQcafHc

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hot night tonight.

3rd attempt at the 8 ball ghost challenge I ran 6 racks and missed a simple shot before the 8 ball to make it a 7-0 win. I did not proceed to try and win 7-1 because I scratched on one of the games and that would not have been the pro version. Here is the video if you would like to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQPcN_IQJk

The very next attempt I ran 3 racks no BIH, 4th rack I scratched and took ball in hand but missed a difficult shot in the side pocket. I then proceeded to run the next 4 racks with no BIH, here is my Pro Version 8-Ball 7-1 Ghost Challenge. Hope you enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9z2hQcafHc

What the hell........YouTube blocked the pro version so I disputed it and I am having them mute the audio. I was playing a DVD in the background and switched movies and Disney filed a copyright infringement for some audio track that is used by Disney. This should be available soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Poolforlife, how's it going? After watching the first rack of your video, I immediately noticed you are shooting way to fast and your first miss you jumped up immediately after your shot which caused you to miss the shot. Try staying down on your shot until the ball is pocketed. Watching the ball drop into the pocket while you are still down in the stroke position makes it feel like you are one with the ball and table, you will feel that you are fully focused and your game will much improve.

Poolforlife

Registered
Hey Poolforlife, how's it going? After watching the first rack of your video, I immediately noticed you are shooting way to fast and your first miss you jumped up immediately after your shot which caused you to miss the shot. Try staying down on your shot until the ball is pocketed. Watching the ball drop into the pocket while you are still down in the stroke position makes it feel like you are one with the ball and table, you will feel that you are fully focused and your game will much improve.
Im good. Yes i stood up but im a fast shooter and thats what i learned to play. Every time i try to slow down it screws my game up. But my main concern on this race was my position play and my speed because if my speed was right my position wouldnt have been that bad.
So i will play another race with the ghost and post it since i can finally get my laptop working with the camera. So for my next one if you can give me feedback that would be great!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/0YH7iMagqi8

Feb 15, 2016

Beat the ghost 7-6. My first win of the year, and third win lifetime. At 6-3, I got texts from 3 girls, no lie, all wanting a date that night! I texted my pool buddy, and asked him what to do. He said finish the set no matter what. I was rushing so much after that, and I was panicking, and almost dogged the set! lolol. I went on a date with 2 of them that night, and the third the next day. lol.

Video edited to remove all dead space, and take away sound so youtube does not block.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/0YH7iMagqi8

Feb 15, 2016

Beat the ghost 7-6. My first win of the year, and third win lifetime. At 6-3, I got texts from 3 girls, no lie, all wanting a date that night! .

Lol.. I've been single few years now and I have similar experiences..
It was dry month and suddenly there was big party at local bar coming up. Invitation only. I was invited but I had work next day. Suddenly young hot girl from our pool hall came ask if I would come to party with her.. How could I resist. I went there with her and when we were on entrance line another girl called to me if I could go out with her...
Anyways another girl get on same place and I was little bothered.. When I was sitting there my phone rang and it was my Ex...

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played today two sets 10-pro Ghost. Lost first 4-7 even I started really strong. Next match I had good start again because my break was on and I made 4 run outs and clearance from fifth dry break. So 5-0 lead.. Some time and game was 6-2 and Ghost started comeback... He came 5-6 but then broke and ran last rack for 7-5.. I played my total A+++ game and that felt good. Got it also on video.