2020 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First post updated.

Good shooting JV. At this rate, you better get multiple camera angles, multiple witnesses, and have a plaster casting made of your table for later analysis, for when you run 800;)

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Good shooting JV. At this rate, you better get multiple camera angles, multiple witnesses, and have a plaster casting made of your table for later analysis, for when you run 800;)

lol.... thanks

58 and counting...

Missed an easy break ball to the left. Really annoying as the spread was an easy rack

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
made 75 on match vs my friend and 84 on practice today. I have both runs on video. Maybe post em later. dunno.
on 84 I did have headset on and commentating run also but dunno how it went. I was more focused to try keep fast rhythm than talking so it may be crappy. Made also 6 runs between 70-83 couple days ago but no video. Those no need to go in list.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
You play decent in those ghost videos. Might be interesting to see your straight pool attempts.
What if you never reach 100?

I appreciate the compliment. Thank you...

Funny you should mention maybe not hitting 100. I've hit a bit of a wall lately, and struggling to even threaten my current best.

Despite that, I feel that a straight pool vid really needs a more overhead view. Which isn't something I'm capable of right now.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Although I'm really annoyed that I'm still not hitting balls at the moment, I am proud to say I managed a 73.... :thumbup2:

Hit a decent break shot but missed a long opener from the top rail to get the next rack going.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just started a "Run Your Age" Straight Pool Challenge, which will be a running challenge, not limited to single years. If you can get a high run, or run your age, or run 100 minus your age, post your score, age, and video on the AZB "Run Your Age" Challenge page or in the comments of my Challenge video:

STRAIGHT POOL Strategy and “Run Your Age” Challenge

Enjoy, and good shooting,
Dave
I posted a 57 (age + 1) yesterday:

Dr. Dave - Straight Pool Run (57) with Analysis and Advice

I included narration with some analysis and advice for those interested.

Enjoy,
Dave

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Ran 57 on video. Had a 61 the night before, but didn't have the camera set up. And this 57 is a bit sloppy. A lot of extra bumping balls around and moving balls that didn't need to move.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Good shooting, first post updated.

You started 3rd from bottom, now you are 7th from top on the list. How high can you get before Jan 1? :):)
Well the uneducated goal was to breach 100 by the New Year. I'm not playing quite as much, but I have the jist of the game now.

My 85 ended with me struggling to break open a poorly scattered rack. A poor rack or a dip in concentration is usually my undoing now. Doing fairly well managing the table and generating break balls if the need be.