2022 World Snooker Championship (Apr 16th - May 2nd)

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ronnie miscues. Never seen it before! Higgins’s reverse snooker fluke works. Maybe it brings his head back in the match.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Is there seriously a conversation about how making a colour and a red within the same shot being a dump foul...? The whole game revolves around the premise 'red then colour, red then colour... etc'. It's probably also dumb that they can't start their inning with a colour, (free ball aside).... priceless

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want one of these.

2015-snooker-world-championships-ton_360_4e88858d4225f6b7ef0487c00112adce.jpg

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Snooker is so entertaining to watch... We should find a way to make pool similar to snooker and how intense it is

Maybe introduce some type of "Sessions"? -- And maybe the game must has points some other way than 14.1 cause we know 14.1 doesn't work too repetitive.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Snooker is so entertaining to watch... We should find a way to make pool similar to snooker and how intense it is

Maybe introduce some type of "Sessions"? -- And maybe the game must has points some other way than 14.1 cause we know 14.1 doesn't work too repetitive.
That would be an interesting approach... lengthen the sets considerably in the latest round of the tourney. Unfortuntely, I doubt anyone would want to stick around let alone host a pool event such as that.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

For me, one pocket has the same fascination as snooker.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Williams has come all the way back to tie Trump at 14-14. He is clearly the more comfortable and focused player right now.

Tremendous play from both O'Sullivan and Williams at this point. Having both of them in dead stroke going into the final would be exciting.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the finals today? I'm not getting a sense of scale... Each complete match takes about one day, correct?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Nothing wrong with the rules of Snooker, there is a reason they have not changed in decades. ...
There are several problems with the rules of snooker, but they are they way they are and they are unlikely to change much soon. That's good. Unlike pool, the rules of snooker are stable and that establishes tradition.

The last significant change to snooker rules I know of was for when the foul-and-a-miss rule applied and that was within the last ten years. Here are the changes that happened in 2021, all of them minor.

CropperCapture[15].png