2023 World Pool Championship, Kielce, Poland

dendweller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I can't watch this! Boring as all hell. I rewinded some of the Shaw vs Candela match, and watched the last 2 games in full speed since it was close. Candella is slower than Souquet! Then on the youtube table 3 stream, Chang is as slow as a box of rocks.

Pool needs 15 second shot clocks I think. It's the only chance it has.
yeah, the most interesting part of that match was, hey, look they have diamond tables.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like another world championship is happening simultaneously. I take it this is English 8 Ball? They have 700 viewers, much less than the 2-3k I saw on the table 2 and 3 9ball youtube streams.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang vs Duong - not a single emotion or facial expression to be seen from either player, other than a light grimace when they don't have a good shot on the 1 after the break.

It looks like another world championship is happening simultaneously. I take it this is English 8 Ball? They have 700 viewers, much less than the 2-3k I saw on the table 2 and 3 9ball youtube streams.

Looks like it’s being watched by one man and his dog, and they only turned up to shelter from the weather.

There are too many versions of the 8- ball title I’m lost.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think matches can be seen on:

Youtube - Matchroom Live and Matchroom Multisport

DAZN

Matchroom.liv

The last two are subscription for the USA.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chang vs Duong - not a single emotion or facial expression to be seen from either player, other than a light grimace when they don't have a good shot on the 1 after the break.
Screen went blank on me on Duong’s break when he was on the hill

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Just contacted DAZN. World Pool Masters is not available in Canada though Matchroom says it is. Boooo another DAZN goof up.

1675295528946.png

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I can't watch this! Boring as all hell. I rewinded some of the Shaw vs Candela match, and watched the last 2 games in full speed since it was close. Candella is slower than Souquet! Then on the youtube table 3 stream, Chang is as slow as a box of rocks.

Pool needs 15 second shot clocks I think. It's the only chance it has.

I think there is no shot clock? I clocked several of Candela's delays during the hill-hill game at over 2 minutes--and that was before anyone even potted the 1! I don't know that he managed to hit any shots under 30 seconds.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there is no shot clock? I clocked several of Candela's delays during the hill-hill game at over 2 minutes--and that was before anyone even potted the 1! I don't know that he managed to hit any shots under 30 seconds.
That's terrible. What a way to turn people on to professional pool :mad:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
75% B&R for SVB -- 6 on 8 breaks.

Matchroom had 88% for SVB and 33% for Yoshioka. Both were wrong. Yoshioka had none.

that's still crazy good. maybe table 1 breaks easier than number 2. melling eventually went to the smash break there, but too late. noone controls it as well as shane

dendweller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The only one I've seen had no commentator, can I assume it's MatchRoom so it's 4 inch pockets on those diamonds? If so, sounds like some tough equipment.

Dextertje

I just saw Filler pot a ball (not alongside the rail) which hit the first diamond...it still went in. He and de commentators were very surprised it went in.

Alex got a warning or something for not hitting the break the right way. Can't find the specific rules on it. 2 balls past the head string and 1 went in...so i don't understand the problem. Anyone?

Reactions: ACL