2023 World Pool Championship, Kielce, Poland

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This just in from Matchroom on how to watch....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Session Times (Local Time)
  • Wednesday 1st – 12 pm-4:30 pm / 6 pm till 11 pm
  • Thursday 2nd – 12 pm-5 pm / 6:30 pm till 11 pm
  • Friday 3rd – 12 pm-4:30 pm / 6 pm-10 pm
  • Saturday 4th – 12 pm-5 pm / 6:30 pm-11 pm
  • Sunday 5th – 12 pm-4:30 pm / 6:30 pm-9:30 pm

TABLE 1

Sky Sports – UK and Ireland
Viaplay – Poland, Baltics, Scandinavia, Netherlands
Dazn USA, Brazil, Italy
AMC Network - Hungary
Foxtel – Australia
Nova – Czech Republic/Slovakia
Sky Network – New Zealand
SSC - Mena Region
Sportklub – Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, and Slovenia
Supersport – South Africa & Sub-Saharan Africa
Tap – Philippines
Vietcontent - Vietnam
Matchroom.Live - Rest of the World

TABLES 2 AND 3

Table 2 – Available on Viaplay in countries as listed above and on the Matchroom Pool YouTube here plus Online Gaming websites/apps
Table 3 – Available on Viaplay in countries as listed above and on the Matchroom Multi Sport YouTube here plus Online Gaming websites/apps
Watching live on SkySports in the Philippines now.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wonder if they're selling the tables afterwards or use them for future tournaments. to my knowledge there's no diamond reseller in continental europe so they would likely sell fast

Mobiker

Re: Day 1, Shane vs. Yoshioka, Rack 8

Did anyone notice the roll when Shane missed the 3 and it came down the table along the side rail? It hit the rail twice and almost hit it 2 more times. There was no spin on the 3.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Did anyone notice the roll when Shane missed the 3 and it came down the table along the side rail? It hit the rail twice and almost hit it 2 more times. There was no spin on the 3.

didn't notice that. shane looks in dead stroke. 88% BNR, one missed ball

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah it almost looked like if it had been hit a little harder it would have fell in the opposite corner

dendweller

wonder if they're selling the tables afterwards or use them for future tournaments. to my knowledge there's no diamond reseller in continental europe so they would likely sell fast
was surprised to see the equipment they're using, thought they had a deal with Rasson

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
was surprised to see the equipment they're using, thought they had a deal with Rasson
Rasson cannot set up enough tables for big events in the required time. Diamond tables are quick because of the 1-piece slate. The tables arrive with the cloth already installed. It is either hard or impossible to move a 3-piece slate table when assembled. (And by move, I mean get a bunch of them into a couple of shipping containers and truck/ship them somewhere.)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got off work. I don't see anything on DAZN but do on youtube table 3 channel. Is table 1 done for the day?

dendweller

Rasson cannot set up enough tables for big events in the required time. Diamond tables are quick because of the 1-piece slate. The tables arrive with the cloth already installed. It is either hard or impossible to move a 3-piece slate table when assembled. (And by move, I mean get a bunch of them into a couple of shipping containers and truck/ship them somewhere.)
Makes sense, surprising though, seems like Rasson has done some pretty big events.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Makes sense, surprising though, seems like Rasson has done some pretty big events.
I think they do Matchroom's invitational events but those are often only one table, or maybe two. Perhaps they have done many-table events in China, but they might have more resources and time there.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just got off work. I don't see anything on DAZN but do on youtube table 3 channel. Is table 1 done for the day?
It's currently 11PM in Poland so I think they're shutting down. Only one table with no commentary playing now. It seems they do not drag the commentators over to the slow table when the main match finishes. (y)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't watch this! Boring as all hell. I rewinded some of the Shaw vs Candela match, and watched the last 2 games in full speed since it was close. Candella is slower than Souquet! Then on the youtube table 3 stream, Chang is as slow as a box of rocks.

Pool needs 15 second shot clocks I think. It's the only chance it has.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't watch this! Boring as all hell. I rewinded some of the Shaw vs Candela match, and watched the last 2 games in full speed since it was close. Candella is slower than Souquet! Then on the youtube table 3 stream, Chang is as slow as a box of rocks.

Pool needs 15 second shot clocks I think. It's the only chance it has.
I think commentators can help with slow matches. 15 is a little brisk.