2023 World Pool Championship, Kielce, Poland

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a side note...

I'm completely sold on the beauty of the gray cloth contrasted against the color of the balls. It's these sorts of small things that make a big difference in the production. I think the gray is better than the blue in this regard. The balls really stand out well.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The final doesn't appear to be available on Matchroomlive, which seems nuts to me, but good to know for the future. Seems DAZN is all that's needed to watch the bulk of Matchroom pool events, such as world championships and the mosconi cup.
Good to know, thanks!

I personally think the year long DAZN subscription is the pool deal of the decade. And watching is so easy on any device. Even logging in is so easy compared to other ppv pool providers. IMO:)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a side note...

I'm completely sold on the beauty of the gray cloth contrasted against the color of the balls. It's these sorts of small things that make a big difference in the production. I think the gray is better than the blue in this regard. The balls really stand out well.

Is the floor purple? (I'm colorblind).

BlueRaider

Registered
As a side note...

I lived in two apartment buildings that had grey cloth on the tables in their common areas. They were cheapo furniture tables, but I found myself really liking the color.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they would just play their slowest, they would play better. 😉 I kid. People should have enough freedom on here to be wrong from time to time.

this is funny cuz if drago or earl misses a ball people say if he took more time yada-yada...but slower players at this level miss as many balls.

of course he shouldn't slow down, that's crappy advice for someone who reached that level, with that being his natural pace

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, this is a nit-pick, but it really doesn't sit well with me. PUN:)

The player's chairs make the players look weak when they sit in them with their backs to the chair's back. Like they are defeated, hunched over (but backwards). The posture is just all wrong. Its the type of chair that you'd put in an office if you wanted your visitor to feel beneath you.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
As a side note...

Oh, maybe soon the promoters will discover the beauty of a color that is completely new to pool. That's GREEN! :LOL:

Vahmurka

Silver Member
No, and neither is the 4 ball.
Poor JJ, he's just called that purple ball they are using here "a four", only to excuse himself when he realized he's in a parallel universe. LOL.
Not the first time he gets his mind messed up. Well, he's been playing all his life with proper colors, so that's totally understandable.

Vahmurka

Silver Member
What will Filler think if Soufi wins with a wooden 314?
"I probably need to ask the sponsor double their bonus money for me to continue using this black piece of" :)

And Wu Kun Lin is playing with a wooden either. So does Duong of Vietnam. All of them finished higher than Joshua.