43 to old to start?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
early scouts phish and blanket area

follow up team does their job

hacking in teams

are you in the game?
Pleas construct complete sentences if you wish to be understood....it would likely be appropriate for you to address the question: WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS THREAD HAS ANY INDICATION OF HACKING?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Pleas construct complete sentences if you wish to be understood....it would likely be appropriate for you to address the question: WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS THREAD HAS ANY INDICATION OF HACKING?

I consider all my interaction online to be socially engineered. Maybe instead of hacking I should've used Social engineering.

Social engineering is a manipulation technique that exploits human error to gain private information, access, or valuables. In cybercrime, these “human hacking” scams tend to lure unsuspecting users into exposing data, spreading malware infections, or giving access to restricted systems. Attacks can happen online, in-person, and via other interactions.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I consider all my interaction online to be socially engineered. Maybe instead of hacking I should've used Social engineering.

Social engineering is a manipulation technique that exploits human error to gain private information, access, or valuables. In cybercrime, these “human hacking” scams tend to lure unsuspecting users into exposing data, spreading malware infections, or giving access to restricted systems. Attacks can happen online, in-person, and via other interactions.

No recent head injury, I guess.

All those words and you still have not addressed why you went off on a tangent about hacking.

No recent head injury, I guess.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wow, this thread is from before I joined AZB. In fact, I was just 44 when this thread was started. Now, I'm ..... older than that.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, this thread is from before I joined AZB. In fact, I was just 44 when this thread was started. Now, I'm ..... older than that.
Interesting, I never even checked the date. It’s funny how old threads sometimes get revisited, but I must admit I’ve done it a few times before myself.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting, I never even checked the date. It’s funny how old threads sometimes get revisited, but I must admit I’ve done it a few times before myself.
I think if people do just the right/wrong search here or on The Google they hit threads that look interesting and they don't look at dates before posting. I suppose the forum software could pop up "Do you want to revive this very old thread?" but it's easier to ask for features than to implement them.

JC

Coos Cues
I think if people do just the right/wrong search here or on The Google they hit threads that look interesting and they don't look at dates before posting. I suppose the forum software could pop up "Do you want to revive this very old thread?" but it's easier to ask for features than to implement them.
So what happened to the op? By now he should be well past his prime with his best playing days in the rear view mirror.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played snooker - poorly - when I was a kid and then quit for 35 years while I worked. When I retired I bought a table and play nearly every day. For about 10 years I played a minimum of 3 hours a day. Now I play about an hour a day. It's not too late. How good you become depends on how much time you put in.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played snooker - poorly - when I was a kid and then quit for 35 years while I worked. When I retired I bought a table and play nearly every day. For about 10 years I played a minimum of 3 hours a day. Now I play about an hour a day. It's not too late. How good you become depends on how much time you put in.
And one has to keep the reason we've chosen to play this game in mind: for our personal enjoyment.

Is 43 too old to enjoy things? I hope not.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And one has to keep the reason we've chosen to play this game in mind: for our personal enjoyment.

Is 43 too old to enjoy things? I hope not.
I'm 71 and I think it helps to be from my generation when the most fun thing to do was go to the pool hall. Younger people have cell phones, video games, 100 channels on tv and other distractions. I grew up in a simpler time. Most of the time I was flat broke and didn't have any money to play so I'd just to and socialize and watch people play. The pool hall was the place to be.

I made a video for my son of Irving Crane's 150 and out vs Balsis and he said if he ever gets bored enough to want to watch somebody run 150 balls he will watch it. When I visit him and his wife they spend most of their time looking at their cell phone. Different time, different mentality.